Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, I don't accept personal attacks, second, this is "Witcher 3 Graphics" thread, if you want just to insult someone, this is not the right place, I speak from a technical perspective in the correct thread.I already told that the game is more than fine but here we talk about graphics and imagine how good it would look if no consoles had been involved.Exactly what ceo stated after the release of the game. I was playing games since ecstatica and flashback, now I don't play so offen but when I saw the 2013 trailer I was blown away and I was waiting till the release, I bought the game to support the small company because I am from europe too and I would like to support them.. but the game dispite the fact that has beatiful story etc etc.. in technical terms in graphics is 4-5 years back.. if you exclude the characters and the faces, the enviroment graphics are not better and maybe worst that W2. Ok, it is an open world but it could be better and we know it, they know it.. I also said about GTA V because the company relesed the games two years later on PCs and it looks awesome.. and it is open world too btw.. and remember what happened with crytek and crysis 2 when the decided to do the same.. At least CDPR acknowledged that it was their fault to change the rendering mechanism etc. Hope they will rework the game and do an enhanced edition for the PC..
I cant take you seriously if you think gta 5 looks better than witcher 3 :(

Guest 3822490

Can you link the article , I'll give you a redpoint right here and now , cause if they said they are going to improve the graphics I'm beyond stoked , and I don't mean the Day 1 Patch , I already have it and it looks Ok. Sitting side by side , my 4K Witcher on Ultra looks Marginally better than my Ps4 Witcher.

quote from this article: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...he-witcher-3-graphics-downgrade-issue-head-on

''In addition, CD Projekt Red will patch the game to allow further editing of .ini files on PC, to push graphical settings even higher. You will be able to tweak grass and vegetation density, post-processing effects such as sharpening, and draw distances. "And we think about some other tricks but we need time," Adam Badowski says.''
If they made their purchasing decision based on the 2013 materials, I'm deeply sorry for that, and we are discussing how we can make it up to them because that's not fair.

Marcin said We will be able to recreate the Scenes from Sword of Destiny , can someone pull out that quote , I seriously know it exist but I can't find it. Anyways the game is good.

The game is also released there is nothing we can do about it now , I just hope they release some lighting tweaks and UHD Textures and Meshes , if we can get close to the 35minute gameplay demo and Sword of Destiny I will be super happy.

---------- Updated at 11:37 AM ----------

I'm not trying to crush criticism , I find it pointless to rant about what has been done , the game is out . Ranting about it does no good . If it can be fixed I'm fine with it.

If you think indies are going to make games like Witcher 3 , Metal Gear Solid V , Grand Theft Auto , Red Dead . You are living in another dimension .

I don't spend a few grand on an SLI rig to play indie games that require less than GTX 560 to run.

Besides like I said , there are lots of great games that I hope will come out for PC , Vanquish and Red Dead are two of them.

I have no problem with people saying they are not buying the game actually , but if you read any forum you'll find that with the added comment of I'm going to pirate it. -_-

By the way , this is a serious thing If you say you aren't going to buy it , then don't pirate it as a PC gamer , I hate Ubisoft , This comes from playing on both Console and PC and the next 2 years I'm not going to touch their games.
"If you think indies are going to make games like Witcher 3 , Metal Gear Solid V , Grand Theft Auto , Red Dead . You are living in another dimension ."

I'm living in a world where Crytek, CdProjekt and others started out as nobody companies on PC. I am living in a world where a company like Cloud Imperium Games can pop out of nothing and make a multi million dollar game from just kickstarter! I'm living in a world with games like Minecraft that started out as indie... I could go on and on and on.

All new great companies start out on PC, and that is still true today. Where do you think all the great console developers came from and started from?

Last edited:
It is silly that this thread is about graphic, yet time after time, people need to explain to others that that they are enjoying the game & the gameplay is great etc. & time after time, we have people that came in & told us the graphics is fine (which no one denied anyway), & we shouldn't care about the garphics or criticise the game in any way, because the gameplay is good.

Anyway, back to topic, I think expecting 2013 reveal trailer visuals is a bit toughy, but I think patching the game to 2014 gameplay footages seems more reasonable. The visual took a level down at least I think when they modified their renderer, I persume to simpify the lighting, resulting in the 'flatness' of the game.

Look at how rich the lighting is in this gameplay demo. I meant they have this game running then! but decided to scale down the lighting on release.
[video=youtube;gdinzNN93-M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdinzNN93-M[/video]

I cant take you seriously if you think gta 5 looks better than witcher 3 :(

Context , its all about Context . Some areas of Witcher 3 look abysmal because of bad textures which is why I'm so insistent on having a UHD Texture pack. Even Triss's face looks off from certain angles.

Its a lot easier to make a City look good.

Honestly in open world games I can take the worst screenshot of one game and the best screenshot of another especially for an open world game.

It is silly that this thread is about graphic, yet time after time, people need to explain to other that that they are enjoying the game & the gameplay is great etc. & time afeter time, we have people that came in & told us the graphics is fine (which no one denied anyway), & we shouldn't care about the garphics or criticise the game in any way, because the gameplay is good.

Anway, back to topic, I think expecting 2013 reveal trailer visuals is a bit hard, but I think patrching teh game to 2014 gameplay footages seems more reasonable. The visual took a level down at least I think when they modified their renderer, I persume to simpify the lighting, resulting in the 'flatness' of the game.

Look at how rich the lighting is in this gameplay demo. I meant they have this game running! but decided to scale down the lighting on release.
[video=youtube;gdinzNN93-M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdinzNN93-M[/video]

Can I just say the Graphics are FINE. But FINE doesn't mean Gorgeous , Sword of Destiny was GORGEOUS I mean Drop dead Gorgeous , the 35minute demo is Beautiful and I'll settle for it anyday.

Like I said , they need to release Lighting Tweaks and UHD Textures/Meshes for Main Character Faces/Foilage/Environment.

---------- Updated at 11:53 AM ----------

Physical copies would be even less. PC gamers only buy Physical for collector edition boxes.

I was personally going to buy the Physical copy , the only reason I didn't was to buy the GoG version cause I like CD Projekt.

---------- Updated at 11:56 AM ----------

quote from this article: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...he-witcher-3-graphics-downgrade-issue-head-on

''In addition, CD Projekt Red will patch the game to allow further editing of .ini files on PC, to push graphical settings even higher. You will be able to tweak grass and vegetation density, post-processing effects such as sharpening, and draw distances. "And we think about some other tricks but we need time," Adam Badowski says.''
If they made their purchasing decision based on the 2013 materials, I'm deeply sorry for that, and we are discussing how we can make it up to them because that's not fair.

Give me Lighting Tweaks and UHD Mesh/Texture for Geralt/Triss/Ciri +Foilage and Environment , hell I'll pay an extra 20$ for it.

If CD Projekt Red went on a site like KickStarter and explained their money problems and their goals for the game, us PC gamers would have WILLING given them MILLIONS just like we did with Star Citizen and other games.
Yeah, I have paid 180euros in Star Citizen and hell I was going to prepay my collector's if CDPR wanted-needed to.

A trailer is a pre rendered video so that comparison doesnt make any sense at all.
No, it was in-game footage and not pre rendered graphics.

Again, source? Just because you do something, doesnt mean it applies to everyone

You are out of touch if you think a lot of people buy Physical copies... There is a reason PC Gaming was dying in the early 2000's (and yes, it really was) and why people say Steam saved PC gaming. It is because no one bought Physical copies, and once Steam came along it made buying games so easy, so people just stopped buying Physical. Some still do buy Physical, but they are in the major minority.

---------- Updated at 12:07 PM ----------

Yeah, I have paid 180euros in Star Citizen and hell I was going to prepay my collector's if CDPR wanted-needed to.

No, it was in-game footage and not pre rendered graphics.

Companies don't understand how loyal us PC gamers are to companies who just treat us with respect. WE move mountains for them, we fill pools full of money for them, we stay around FOREVER. That is until we are lied to and back handed, then it is all gone. Just like it is for Cd Projekt Red, that true loyalty they had from their PC fans, it is gone, gone forever. Just like how Valve and Gabe lost total respect from PC gamers. Hell, the PCGamingMasterRace sub-reddit removed Gabe as the Pc Gaming head of state after the paid mods bull. Valve lost our respect forever, no more will Gage god like worshipping meme's ever be made again.
Console gamers are not a good fanbase to replace PC gamers with, console gamers are not loyal and have a play and toss culture, they are a fickled fanbase. With console gamers, one day they will treat you like kings, but the next day they will treat you like dirt just because you are no longer the fad for that year.

Last edited:
You are out of touch if you think a lot of people buy Physical copies... There is a reason PC Gaming was dying in the early 2000's (and yes, it really was) and why people say Steam saved PC gaming. It is because no one bought Physical copies, and once Steam came along it made buying games so easy, so people just stopped buying Physical. Some still do buy Physical, but they are in the major minority.

Companies don't understand how loyal us PC gamers are to companies who just treat us with respect. WE move mountains for them, we fill pools full of money for them, we stay around FOREVER. That is until we are lied to and back handed, then it is all gone. Just like it is for Cd Projekt Red, that true loyalty they had from their PC fans, it is gone, gone forever.
Console gamers are not a good fanbase to replace PC gamers with, console gamers are not loyal and have a play and toss culture, they are a fickled fanbase. With console gamers, one day they will treat you like kings, but the next day they will treat you like dirt just because you are no longer the fad for that year.
still no source?

We've been keeping out of this thread in order to let people have their say, but if it stays like this, action WILL be taken.
So drop the aggro. Both sides.

Companies don't understand how loyal us PC gamers are to companies who just treat us with respect. WE move mountains for them, we fill pools full of money for them, we stay around FOREVER. That is until we are lied to and back handed, then it is all gone. Just like it is for Cd Projekt Red, that true loyalty they had from their PC fans, it is gone, gone forever. Just like how Valve and Gabe lost total respect from PC gamers. Hell, the PCGamingMasterRace sub-reddit removed Gabe as the Pc Gaming head of state after the paid mods bull. Valve lost our respect forever, no more will Gage god like worshipping meme's ever be made again.

MasterZone , I think you are the king of generalising , I've sunk 100 ingame days into SWTOR, played multiple other MMOs , Played Titanfall for 10days ingame . CoD/Grand Theft Auto and V/Uncharted on Console for about 70 ingame days. Thats just the game time I clocked in for major titles over the past 4 years.

I have a Playstation 3 , Playstation 4, an i7-4790k, 2Way SLI GTX 980s. Am I a console gamer or a PC gamer?

I've always know Valve doesn't care about PC , people were just blind to it till the Skyrim Paid mods scandal. Whats done is done. If you want to raise your fist and never buy a game from CD Projekt Red Go ahead , no one can stop you.

There is never a company that will fully support PC Gaming the way you want them to . Its something I've accepted long ago.

---------- Updated at 12:17 PM ----------

We've been keeping out of this thread in order to let people have their say, but if it stays like this, action WILL be taken.
So drop the aggro. Both sides.

I'm sorry If I said anything out of line , please tell me which post If I have said something out of line and I'll edit it out or delete the post.

I'd rather this thread not turn into a ****storm.

Last edited:

Guest 3822490

Yeah it think we should stop this untill the developers have released the patch and tweaks then we can discuss about graphics again like what changed after the patch and what can still be improved.
:)

Yeah it think we should stop this untill the developers have released the patch and tweaks then we can discuss about graphics again like what changed after the patch and what can still be improved.
:)

Nah the thread is fine , I just think people cannot accept whats done is done. Seriously there is still a lot of 'anger' by people who like to use the 'd' word. People who want to boycott and go CD Projekt broke our trust.

I personally cannot be bothered , I'd rather them patch it , give me better lighting , UHD Textures/meshes and call it a day.

I'm still looking forward to the expansions . Still love the game .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom