Collector's Edition Statue problems

+
I received a reply this morning. I purchased mine on PC so I don't know if this contact is only for PC or for all three platforms.

"Hello,

In the United States Warner is the publisher and they will process your complaint and decide about a possible replacement.

Please provide them with your proof of purchase (e.g. a scan of it), the pictures of the figurine and your address.

Contact WB Games Support at support.wbgames.com

Regards,
Grzegorz Arwar"

"Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear about your problem!

I see you're from Italy. In Italy Namco is the publisher and they will process your complaint and decide about a possible replacement.

Please provide them with your proof of purchase (e.g. a scan of it), the pictures of the figurine and your address.

I'm attaching a file with contacts to Namco support.

Regards,

Andrzej Marut"

Did anyone whose only complaint was a dreadful paint job get a reply from these guys?

Re: Under Painted Witcher statue

Hi,

In the UK Namco is the publisher and they will process your complaint and decide about a possible replacement.

Regards,

Andrzej Marut

Hi guys.
First of all, sorry for my english. I bought the CE from Ebay with the seller is sending it straight from amazon. I live in South America and a friend its gonna bring the box for me next week. After reading your posts here I´m very nervous. Wanna make you a question, in case the statue its broken, do you have to send it back or how you should procede? I have to know this, because if mine its broken, I have to act before he bring the package.
Thanks in advance.

Looks like they are just sending everyone towards namco so cut out the middleman and go on the namco website look at support for your area and send them a message to see

looks like a lame way of passing responsibility to me.they know we're get nowhere talking to Namco and after a few weeks of emails back and forth it'll be too late for a creditcard claim back.

i may just cut my losses and reject mine

looks like a lame way of passing responsibility to me.they know we're get nowhere talking to Namco and after a few weeks of emails back and forth it'll be too late for a creditcard claim back.

i may just cut my losses and reject mine

I kind of agree. I mean, I'm in the US so I'm probably going to be directed to WB games. They're an even bigger company with thousands of products and complaints daily (i'm sure). I didn't have the worst "break" in my statue so I might just super glue it myself and call it good. I don't mine emails or even it taking awhile, but I'm not going to fight tooth and nail with WB games over a new statue.

I need to save that fighting for the actual "in game" moments.

After reading this thread I was afraid what monster on griffins back I would get. But thankfully mine is not so bad. Especially when looked at from some distance. I also suspect that when we look at photos of supposedly good sculptures which are taken from some distance we don't see those small defects and expect it to be like that from up close.
Close up shots reveal some minor problems. Like dirty Geralt face with bleeding eyes - probably from fighting and all that sand getting into his eyes :).
And the medallion - it seems that the front part of the medallion broke off and was glued on using the paint. And turned by ninety degrees :). I think I may have to remove that broken part and glue it on the right way.
All in all it is aceptable, though I expected a bit better quality, and looking at some examples here - better quality control.
However I think I would have been happier if instead of sculpture there would have been a board game included. Or simply cloth map and gwent cards for lower price, like 100$ or so.
Medallion and art book look great.

View attachment 15016
View attachment 15017
View attachment 15018
View attachment 15019

Attachments

• xhpLY5D.jpg
    xhpLY5D.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 66
  • ReLIFKd.jpg
    ReLIFKd.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 75
  • T3mwyyc.jpg
    T3mwyyc.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 86
  • rdhN6vp.jpg
    rdhN6vp.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 80
All in all it is aceptable, though I expected a bit better quality, and looking at some examples here - better quality control.
However I think I would have been happier if instead of sculpture there would have been a board game included. Or simply cloth map and gwent cards for lower price, like 100$ or so.
Medallion and art book look great.
yup agree.bet this will be the last Witcher game with a statue thats for sure as the last 2 CE have both had issues.is a shame really as its 3rd party firms that have tarnished CDPR name.one thing for sure ill NEVER buy another CE that has a statue made by uDock.
Anyhow fingers crossed the publishers dont give us the run around

I'm from Germany and I got my "ugly statue" today, too. Air holes, overpainted ridges, bad und unclean paint job... hell, Geralt's skin is light orange! Already sent an E-Mail to CDPR.

Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear about your problem! You need to contact your local publisher to ask for replacements.

In France Namco is the publisher and they will process your complaint and decide about a possible replacement.

Regards,

ok, I wrote to Namco Bandai french support, and didn't get any answer.

And now what ?

i emailed Namco UK today also using the address provided by CDPR support.i included all the required information, images, invoice,description of problem etc...

thus far only had an automated reply,will report back if/when i get any updates

It's my collector's edition statue paint defective?

Hi guys, I'm from Poprtugal and my ps4 Witcher 3 collector's edition just arrive yesterday but my statue looks defective on paint job on Geralt's face (mostly on eyes) and sword (the blood on it). What you guys think? Is it normal, your statues look the same? Or I should contact Cd Projekt Red?

Thank's and good hunt.

Attachments

• 20150526_150911.jpg
    20150526_150911.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 20150526_150941.jpg
    20150526_150941.jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 61
Hi guys, I'm from Poprtugal and my ps4 Witcher 3 collector's edition just arrive yesterday but my statue looks defective on paint job on Geralt's face (mostly on eyes) and sword (the blood on it). What you guys think? Is it normal, your statues look the same? Or I should contact Cd Projekt Red?

Thank's and good hunt.

Well, most people have the face as yours (at its best), and I think they'll contact them anyways, the sword is nearly black, not even silver... (I don't know if I'm getting used to those ugly Geralts or yours is just "better" than the others)

After reading this thread I was afraid what monster on griffins back I would get. But thankfully mine is not so bad. Especially when looked at from some distance. I also suspect that when we look at photos of supposedly good sculptures which are taken from some distance we don't see those small defects and expect it to be like that from up close.

Yeah, I think you got one of the good ones - mine arrived today, and it looks more or less like yours. Whoever painted it clearly wasn't given enough time, but it was someone who knew what he was doing and had the good sense to focus on the important stuff - both of the faces look good (especially the Griffin's), the buckles on Geralt's outfit are painted correctly and pop very nicely, and there are no glaring errors that I can find. On the downside, the drybrushing is definitely fast and loose in a lot of places, everything that faces downwards or isn't close to the focal points received very little attention (I see the Griffin's mane on yours, for example, is basically unpainted at the bottom as well.) It looks good as soon as you look at it from about 40cm away, but it's definitely a rush job by a skilled painter. Nothing's broken on mine. I'll take some pictures in daylight tomorrow.

Honestly, I think CDPR probably got ripped off here. The company who made these showed them a beautifully painted prototype, promised them they'd all look that way, cashed in and then produced the actual sculptures in about 20% of the time it took to make the prototypes. Since mine isn't a disaster, I don't feel cheated, but it's a bit of a shame because the CE - this needs to be said - is otherwise spectacular. The design of the packaging is fantastic, the art book is glorious, and the wolf medallion gives me the warm fuzzies everytime I look at it. Leave alone pick it up - the thing's heavy as hell, and the chain is thick and rugged looking. Really, really cool.

Last edited:
OK got an answer from Namco : check with your reseller. Reseller says it's a manufacturer problem : check with CDPR or NAMCO...

So I have to let you know that the defective statue problem is NOT resolved :

- CDProjekt Red says : ask Namco about replacement
- Namco says : check with my reseller
- Reseller says (and it's true) : the statue quality and the hole marked by CDProjekt Red's QA with a sticker & arrow is clearly a manufacturer's problem. The problem comes NOT from transportation, so I have to check with Namco or CDPR. And anyway reseller doesn't have any collector edition left...

EDIT : CDPR solved the issue. Thank you guys, you rock.

Last edited:
What I would like to know from CDPR is how the statue should look like. If I'm looking close enough to my Gerald'n'Griffin statue I can notice small painting defects, the blackish around Gerald eyes and so forth. But are they really defects? Should my statue look even better that what I got (despite the fact that it's in a glass cabinet that's licked by my 2 boys on a daily basis)?

Last edited:
Top Bottom