1.0.4 Hotkeys for locked keys only half arsed

+
1.0.4 Hotkeys for locked keys only half arsed

Thanks for letting us bind the formerly locked keys....but...

They are pretty much useless IMO, because for keys like the inventory, map, character, etc, they don't properly toggle.

For ex, if I rebind map to F3, I can open the map with F3, but F3 does not close the map, M still does, so I only gain a way to more easily open the map and still either have the inefficient and horrible M to close it or hitting Esc 3 times.

I was pretty impressed that this was handled so quickly but I think it needs to be improved to be fully useful.

One other quibble I have with re-assigning.

If I switch parry and dodge hotkeys, I lose my witcher sense.

By default witcher sense is right click and is not a combat command. By default parry/counter is right click too, and dodge is alt. If I change dodge to be right click it unbinds both parry AND witcher sense - which makes no sense since one is in combat, one is out of combat, and there are numerous examples of keys that are bound for both in and out of combat actions.

(I find dodge to be one of the more useful actions so I'd rather it be on right click but I'm getting used to breaking my thumb tyring to hold down alt while doing WASD).

EDIT

I would add that the setting for unlocking keys should be retained so we don't have to set it every time we open options.

I would also add that I went in to try again and found that I couldn't bind the function keys at all on the second attempt. I'm sure I had at least some of them working on first attempt to see them not toggle, but now I tried setting map to either F3 or F2 and it didn't work at all - had to revert it back to M again.

Last edited:
along with the above, I cannot rebind my right mouse button for forward movement. When I attempt to rebind, the right mouse button remains unbound. assigning any key works fine but not the mouse button.

I can't rebind the Map key. I mean, it LETS me rebind it, but when I press the button in-game nothing happens.

If you have trouble reproducing, these were the exact circumstances:
1. Bind Inventory to "M"
2. Bind Map to "O"
3. Play game. Pressing "O" does nothing. Pressing "M" has a menu flash as the game fights between Inventory and Map, and then decides to do nothing at all.

P.S. If you're wondering why I'm trying such an odd configuration, I have a 1-handed gaming keyboard that places "M" "H" and "N" directly under "Z X C", and "O" is quickly accessible with the thumb.

along with the above, I cannot rebind my right mouse button for forward movement. When I attempt to rebind, the right mouse button remains unbound. assigning any key works fine but not the mouse button.

I also use right mouse for move forward in all my games. I think it has something to do with hidden key bindings. If you open the map, the key bind to set a custom waypoint is right mouse and assigning an ability point is also bound to right mouse, however, this is nowhere in the key bindings menu! Additionally, left mouse can't be used for movement either -- so that means neither left nor right mouse can be used for any movement button.

Last edited:
but F3 does not close the map, M still does

I can't rebind the Map key. I mean, it LETS me rebind it, but when I press the button in-game nothing happens.

this is a bug with v1.04. you can edit the input.xml and replace actions="PanelMap" with actions="PanelMapPC" if you just want to fix this bug. or see the W3CC post linked in my signature. do not replace id="PanelMap". then rebind the key again.

default parry/counter is right click too, and dodge is alt. If I change dodge to be right click it unbinds both parry AND witcher sense

but they're both bound to RMB, and if you rebind RMB, it will rebind both. also, you cannot parry/counter and dodge at the same time (because then you'd have to stand still while parrying, which just won't work well).

Last edited:
Top Bottom