The Exp curve for this game is broken, just like Witcher 2 before rebalance mode..

+
I'm having a similar problem myself now..I'm not too far over levelled, its a shame to have a bunch of side quests that Id still like to do, without worrying about over levelling the main quest . If there was scaling for the main quest...or at least some kind of "soft" scaling, which will scale within a certain range of levels. So things were still relevant within 5 levels or so.
My question is, is there some mod/hack I can use to artificially lower my level for the time being? I'm not sure how much this would break my game...as I wont be able to retrieve that lost xp. But the main quest line itself seems enough to level the player up..which is kinda annoying.

Last edited:
Well I just made a mod that slows down leveling and makes the curve somewhat less linear.

If anyone's interested, I could probably figure out how to make an installer and upload it on Nexus.

Well I just made a mod that slows down leveling and makes the curve somewhat less linear.

If anyone's interested, I could probably figure out how to make an installer and upload it on Nexus.

That would be amazing! I can guarantee it will get at least a 1000 hits in the first 24 hours, as more and more people are experiencing this issue. Even if it doesn't work out, thank you for that ray of hope!

I would love that! please do if its possible :D If not, a more manual installation would be fine.

i have no idea how you are levelling up too fast in this game. I'm at 10 hours and level 4. how many hours have you put in? 100+ or something ?

i have no idea how you are levelling up too fast in this game. I'm at 10 hours and level 4. how many hours have you put in? 100+ or something ?
Ahhhhh. Read the postings here buddy, its hard to level up early game but it gets easier and easier, because the default experience curve is linear. Which means it takes one the exact same amount of experience to get to lvl 10 from lvl 9, as it would to get to lvl 2 from lvl 1. Only difference is, you get way more exp in higher levels, hence this whole thread. I've put 50-60 hours, and on act II.

Combat Rebalance (mod) from The Witcher 2 : I thought it was the man in charge now for The Witcher 3.

The combat system is not that bad for that kind of game.

If I were in charge of this one, I would have raised the stamina required to Roll and Evade because at the moment such as Shadows of Mordor, you just have to master the spacebar and double tap.

Ahhhhh. Read the postings here buddy, its hard to level up early game but it gets easier and easier, because the default experience curve is linear. Which means it takes one the exact same amount of experience to get to lvl 10 from lvl 9, as it would to get to lvl 2 from lvl 1. Only difference is, you get way more exp in higher levels, hence this whole thread. I've put 50-60 hours, and on act II.

In my oppinion its hard to level up. Im on, around, 50h now and Lv21. Many items/receipes for Lv30+ and wonder how i should get so high....and Lv60 is cap and i can´t see how to reach it.

Quest don´t give any exp, i´ve recently done a Q lv17, with my lv20, no exp for boss and no for Q solving. The same with the Lv24 "Master Armorer" storyline. Only a few exp-points for killing monsters and, if im rellay lucky, 50-125 points from a Q solving. But most the time, also if they are 5 and more level higher, i receive 0 Exp.

Perhaps i missed something out or its a bug. I startet with V 1.02 and today 1.04 is out. To far now to restart to check if it´s a comp.problem ^^

PLZ PLZ GIVE ME NOW! :D Awesome work. Do you follow some exponential equation? or are just random numbers?

Check my last post! :smiling:

No, not really an exponential equation. The vanilla game increases the amount of XP needed to reach the next level every 10 levels. I reduced that interval to every 5 levels and tweaked the exact amount so the player lags behind by 3-8 levels compared to the vanilla game.

Check my last post! :smiling:

No, not really an exponential equation. The vanilla game increases the amount of XP needed to reach the next level every 10 levels. I reduced that interval to every 5 levels and tweaked the exact amount so the player lags behind by 3-8 levels compared to the vanilla game.
You are a god send. Thank you so much! This mod doesn't work with already saved games, correct? I don't mind starting it over, needa get my Gwent game going.

There is no way to make ir work with a save game? :( Ok, i just continue to nerf myself so the game keeps challenging.

Well done ThePoopflinger for helping out. Sadly this doesn't help for PS4 players. I think they made the game this way so people who just want to do the main quests can play through the game.

I would say that is the vast minority. I mean really, who doesn't play side quests in an RPG? If you don't like quests, go play Call of Duty ffs.

That said, I'm really loving the game but wish they would spread out the exp in a way that people HAD to do a lot of side quests just to be the right level to continue the main quest. Make it hard for them not easy. I really hated this about DAI there was tons and tons of filler content that massively overlevelled you for every single area in the second half of the game and I asked myself did the devs even play this thing and not find it a problem?

Nothing could stop me playing Witcher 3 though, such an amazing game. Maybe they'll do a patch for consoles that fixes the levelling a bit. They might do, it's been mentioned as a problem in reviews as well.

Top Bottom