The Witcher 3 Modding

+
it seems somebody managed to make a mod that does a sort of " balacing", which turns geralt almost invincible:
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/33/?

perhaps this'll lead to the appearance of actual rebalancing mods and such ?

edit:
i also found this mod, which seems to be promissing: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/29/?
and here's its changelog:

v0.03:
- added the missing witcher.bms script

v0.02:
- much easier installation / deinstallation - thanks to Wealthy Vendors with Fair Sale Mod by GiecuMan's method
- compatibility with other mods that use startup.bundle in content0
- added really loud and crackling thunder fx!!!
- slightly increased probability for calmer weather conditions

v0.01:
- initial release

Last edited:
Didn't take em long,debug console accessed :)
.dll on nexus along with some commands,to get any in game item/teleport etc.... dump the patchbundle \gameplay\items or templates\ monsters with quickbms for all in game item id's.

lol. spawn(gryphon) X10 complete chaos

edit:
oh remember if your not using a US KB ~ equals ` key(key left of the 1 on a UK KB,other regions may be different) to access the console

I've already been messing with it. >:D

2016 is no good at all, most people will be done with the game and a lot of modders will have moved onto FO4 or TES 6, one of which will no doubt hit the shelves next year. At the moment there are a lot of Skyrim modders playing this game, there's a thread singing the games praises on the modders board over at the Nexus, given the tools some of these people may well decide to create things for the Witcher, they're not likely to wait around though, once they're done with it the opportunity to get some talent from that community is gone.

Precisely why I think it's worrying that CDPR told that guy on Twitter that they won't focus on releasing creation kits until they're done with expansions.

I'd have thought they learned from Witcher 2 about the consequences of releasing tools too late, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case.

I hope they reconsider their release time frame.

Precisely why I think it's worrying that CDPR told that guy on Twitter that they won't focus on releasing creation kits until they're done with expansions.

I'd have thought they learned from Witcher 2 about the consequences of releasing tools too late, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case.

It's money over the long term as well, Morrowind is still selling for £15 on Steam, it's 13 years old, what will this game be worth in 13 years?

Someone know if there is a way to avoid the camera zoom during witcher sense usage ?
Sure it give the idea of beeing focused to look for hints.. But that's clearly more annoying than anything else that zoom. :/

It's important to remember; the REDkit will probably be geared towards making new landscapes and quests, which is what I am mostly interested in.

But most people seem to be more intereseted in other forms of modding; such as filters, retexture, graphical and balence tweaks etc...

All of those seem to be possible without REDkit, if what we're seeing on the nexus is anything to go by.

REDkit wil probably only be nessesary for Falskaar-style quest-mods, or grand-scale total-conversions like Enderal, which is the kind of thing I'm more interested in.

2016 is no good at all, most people will be done with the game and a lot of modders will have moved onto FO4 or TES 6, one of which will no doubt hit the shelves next year. At the moment there are a lot of Skyrim modders playing this game, there's a thread singing the games praises on the modders board over at the Nexus, given the tools some of these people may well decide to create things for the Witcher, they're not likely to wait around though, once they're done with it the opportunity to get some talent from that community is gone.

Well said ! :yes

---------- Updated at 10:22 AM ----------

So i asked Mr. Monnier about Redkit 2, if there will be any news about it soon, and here's his reply:

I think this question should be directed towards Benzenzimmern

It's important to remember; the REDkit will probably be geared towards making new landscapes and quests, which is what I am mostly interested in.

But most people seem to be more intereseted in other forms of modding; such as filters, retexture, graphical and balence tweaks etc...

All of those seem to be possible without REDkit, if what we're seeing on the nexus is anything to go by.

REDkit wil probably only be nessesary for Falskaar-style quest-mods, or grand-scale total-conversions like Enderal, which is the kind of thing I'm more interested in.

For those (like me) who want to create new landscape, stories, quests... I think we will have to grin and bear it.
If CDProject Red feeds us with content like DLC, expansions and other stuffs we will still talk about Witcher 3 in one year.

Also, if the people from the modding community show how they really want this tool, CDProject Red won't be indifferent to that.
However, I'm totally able to wait if this tool means "Create your own Witcher Adventure" ! After I hope it will be more userfriendly than the previous Redkit :D

For those (like me) who want to create new landscape, stories, quests... I think we will have to grin and bear it.
If CDProject Red feeds us with content like DLC, expansions and other stuffs we will still talk about Witcher 3 in one year.

Also, if the people from the modding community show how they really want this tool, CDProject Red won't be indifferent to that.
However, I'm totally able to wait if this tool means "Create your own Witcher Adventure" ! After I hope it will be more userfriendly than the previous Redkit :D

well that is very much true, the possibilities are limitless. with it we can acquire the possibility to create NPCs, and even change the appearance of the main cast. (imagine being able to use a modified version of geralt that appeared in the very first trailer, or change the wild hunt's appearance to the one of the VGX/SoD trailer :eek: ).
as for what i want, it's pretty simple (and yes i like nagging and repeating what i want to get until i do :p ):
- a better KB/M support and a UI more adapted for PC users
- a re-balanced alchemy system
- an improoved AI
- more animations perhaps ? (for drinking, meditation....etc)
and so... basically things that may improove the overall experience.

---------- Updated at 03:39 PM ----------

Well said ! :yes

---------- Updated at 10:22 AM ----------

I think this question should be directed towards Benzenzimmern
i can't find him on twitter :crybaby:

---------- Updated at 04:08 PM ----------

brace yourselves, mods are comming ! http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/?
it seems that Gopher himself have made video about it !
[video=youtube;tccL-eqYCnA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tccL-eqYCnA[/video]

maybe CDPR will get the memo on the REDKIT -hint, hint- -nudge, nudge- -wink, wink- ^_^;):-*

A WIP from me. Many obstacles remain, like how to get attack animations. I'm trying the basic spear first, and want to get the Wild Hunt weapons in the game later.

that's cool ! would love see many weapons aviable in the futur for geralt, whatever if it's not "loyal" to the books, its way more fun to have many different fight style aviable.

Releasing the kit after they're done with DLC and Expansions would definitely be too late. The game is good story-wise, but other than that i doubt people will stick around without some changes to a few systems.

Last edited:
Top Bottom