Witcher 3 Needs More Armor Variety

+
Witcher 3 Needs More Armor Variety

For such a huge game, it's a bit disappointing knowing the armor variety in the game is lackluster. The only really unique armor sets are the witcher school equipment. You may disagree but this is just my opinion, as I'd like to more frequently change armor, as is proper of an RPG.

I hope the remaining 12 DLC bring Wolf School and Viper School upgradeable armor. The Temerian armor DLC set is a step in the right direction.

To me it doesn't really matter how many armor sets there are as long I have one or two I really like. Quantity is not quality. I'll be satisfied once I finally got the Nilfgaardian guardsman armor (and the gloves later on)

Last edited:
For such a huge game, it's a bit disappointing knowing the armor variety in the game is lackluster. The only really unique armor sets are the witcher school equipment. You may disagree but this is just my opinion, as I'd like to more frequently change armor, as is proper of an RPG.

I hope the remaining 12 DLC bring Wolf School and Viper School upgradeable armor. The Temerian armor DLC set is a step in the right direction.

you're the only smart person in this heap of idiots . you're right thoughts

The game needs more "witcher" armor, like we had in the first game and books. Just some leather armor or even jacket, plain and elegant, in which Geralt would not look like a bulky soldier or knight. The early concepts seemed heading that way, but surprisingly most of them are not included in the game.

Absolutely. I was shocked to learn there were so few armor options. The game world is so giant, but the armor selection is tiny. I really would love to see like twice as much armor, hopefully we will get some new armor sets in the free DLCs.

I'd like to see a version of his outfit from TW1. It was simple, but effective. It looked like something a monster slayer would wear. Given how reliant Geralt is on rolls, dodges, and generally "agility moves"; it's odd to see him pile on more and more chainmail as the armors level up.

Completely agree. I feel like most of the armor options in the game cater to RPG staples like the "knight" and "mage". Not that they're all bad but what happened to the sexy leather armor and jackets from TW2? A few more of those options would be nice.

I found myself wearing significantly weaker armor because the higher level ones I was getting just didn't appeal to me. More variety would be welcome.

The game needs more "witcher" armor, like we had in the first game and books. Just some leather armor or even jacket, plain and elegant, in which Geralt would not look like a bulky soldier or knight. The early concepts seemed heading that way, but surprisingly most of them are not included in the game.

Yeah exactly. How many Witcher gear are there anyway, four (including the starting armor)? That's way too few.

There is an impressive amount of armor in the game, the issue is the player will rarely use it. You are incentivized to use 1 school or armor and because of the weight limit issue the player really only wants to keep one set.

i was actually having more fun picking up new stuff and using it before I got the witcher sets. Now I feel locked in

What bothers me personally about the armors in the game is that the loot as well as what vendors offer is based on level. I would've liked it way better if was handled like in Skyrim.

I managed to get to Skellige at level 5 and felt like a real smartass and was looking forward to find some cool stuff on armorers but the only thing they offered was a shirt at that point. Was quite a bummer

Last edited:
The armors they have in their aren't terrible, however I wish there was more too the armors than simply slashing, bludgeoning resistance etc. I never found myself thinking about why I should wear heavy armor vs light armor. I never saw any real difference between Relic armors vs. Magic armors they just never had any special perks to them. The only reason I decided to go for the Bear School armor was simply because I liked the way it looked when finally Mastercrafted. I wish armors had special perks to them. For example the Feline School was a Witcher School that was made up of Elves. Would it not have been sensible for that armor set to boost sign intensity and even crossbow critical damage? Otherwise what was the point of wearing the armor over anything that had a higher defensive rate? At the end of the day that's all the really mattered when considering armor. I feel they fell a little short on it. Don't get me wrong though I'm not saying I dislike the game, I loved every moment of it. There are just little things I wish they embellished on a little more.

Top Bottom