Combat Crashes with AMD R9 285

+
Is it a hardware problem of Tonga gpu or not? Does anybody know it? I can't understand the reason.. WTF!?!?!?

Last edited:
Yeah, happening here too with my R285. So frustrating, especially when you are in a big battle and only have one enemy left - freeze, kill process, restart.

Gives me the sads.

Same issue with the mobile version of that gpu.... friend of mine is using a r9 m295x, which has the same Tonga structure as the r9 285.

I now use my old GTX 560 Ti. Going from high/Extreme @60fps to low @30fps is a pain. But hey, I can play at least...

Same for Sapphire R9 285. Works without problems on my Windows 10 partition though. Not sure if its related to W10 or the experimental driver that I'm using. I'll try with the public driver sometime.

Can someone else confirm the windows 10 "solution" ? What is this experimental driver ?

Having same issue with r9 285, weird to see a issue that affects a specific gpu. Hope cdproject or amd solves this soon.

i've been able to play few hours since patch 1.0.4 don't know why...and the game just crashed during combat as usual ! this patch didn't solved anything..

I was actually able to complete
the quest in the caves with Keira
with no crash and thought " well i guess the 1.04 patch fixed it !" ...buuuut... no , it started crashing again ( at least i can play like 10-15 min now since i'm outside ) .

I was actually able to complete
the quest in the caves with Keira
with no crash and thought " well i guess the 1.04 patch fixed it !" ...buuuut... no , it started crashing again ( at least i can play like 10-15 min now since i'm outside ) .

exactly the same here

Is it just me or crashes are happening less often now? With 1.0.3 I was having crashes in more than half of the combats I engaged in. Now with 1.0.4, I played nearly 5 hours today and I crashed 4 times total. I was at least able to play and enjoy more or less. Of course it's still not good enough but it seems like it's better than 1.0.3 to me. What do you think?

Last edited:
My game crashed only 2 times in 8 hours, i think im just lucky. Yesterday i have crash every 5 minutes. ;//

Im going to try Windows 10 and the beta drivers linked awhile back.

At this point i'll try mostly anything. Ill let you guys know which one (if any) works.

Is it just me or crashes are happening less often now? With 1.0.3 I was having crashes in more than half of the combats I engaged in. Now with 1.0.4, I played nearly 5 hours today and I crashed 4 times total. I was at least able to play and enjoy more or less. Of course it's still not good enough but it seems like it's better than 1.0.3 to me. What do you think?

ya! a lot better here too, only 2 crashes since patch 1.0.4 release. 6h of play in total. Not totally fixed indeed, but at least playable...

Same issue with the mobile version of that gpu.... friend of mine is using a r9 m295x, which has the same Tonga structure as the r9 285.

atleast we know it WILL get fixed since amd's forth coming high end cards will have the same problem if they dont :p

Maybe if we get one of the gaming outlets (GameSpot, IGN....) to know about it we could get the fix faster so every body tweet at them and use the contact option on thier website.

Its my last time to buy AMD card

Believe me, I'm not happy about the crashes, but look at some of the other posts on the forum and you have pages of people with 980s and 970s and other cards crashing during random gameplay for no apparent reason, some I've seen say they need a hard reboot each time because they can't alt-tab or close the program.

Hopefully AMD and CDPR can narrow down our problem as it might be something specific in the combat. I'm getting impatient, too. But I'm not ready to throw my card out the window that works fine for everything else and is perfectly stable in this game except for this stupid combat bug.

Top Bottom