Witcher 3 vs shadow of mordor

+
Witcher 3 vs shadow of mordor

Hi, i'm new here and i'm debating on buying the Witcher 3 for PS4...
I just wanted to know is it like Shadow of Mordor? ..

I hated Shadow of Mordor and could never get into it.. I don't want to spend $70+ on a game I might not enjoy...
(What I disliked about SofM was that it was always just killing orcs, large amounts of orcs, and if you hit the wrong sequence of buttons your pretty much automatic dead and have to restart far from the battle... )

What do you guys like about it? is it more like Skyrim?

If you love combat and action go w/ shadow of mordor! Cons in Shadow of Mordor its story and lore is boring even the main boss is QTE event. The game is really quite easy but the controls are quite fluid and much better than Assassin creed control.

If you love to exp the best interactive detail story and side quest go w/ Witcher 3 for 2015 and i notice there is no QTE event in this game. Cons animation, controls and Ai suck in this game. Like really climbing down stair Geralt will do some back flip. Ai doesn't attack me when i am using a crossbow and Ai have small zone to attack me. Yes there will be patch, sadly the developers still optimizing the game.

Nooo do not even compare that game too Witcher tbh Witcher 3 feels more like dragon age inquisition+skyrim combined i am 60 hours in trying to do side quests and Hunts ~.~ yet have not done many mainquest =D , one of the main quests made me feel feelz man its that good imo :p

Last edited:
I played through the entire 20-hours of SoM - and never went back...cool combat for a minute or two, but gets very repetitive fast, and has virtually no story line. Boring.TW3 is fantastic, best RPG since my old addiction called TES Oblivion. This has the best story line, voice acting and cut scenes I've seen in a long time...probably ever actually and been a PC gamer since '90. Graphics are just fine as well..despite all the nay sayers around here.If you're into that sort of deeply immersive RPG gaming with deep story lines and plot buildup, this is the game...oh, and it's an open world game 10xs the size of Los Santos (GTA fan too).

---------- Updated at 04:14 PM ----------

Sorry guys, the wall of text is not my fault - This board is not recognizing my paragraphs and lumping everything together, and I can't edit either...weird.

The enemy variety is much, much better in Wild Hunt, for one, and it's a full blown RPG with stats, huge numbers of weapons and items, equipment, levelling up, quests with interesting storylines, much bigger areas, etc.

I played SoM, and thought it was (only) OK. W3 definitely beats that game, plus it's going to have a lot of mods pretty soon once the devs release their edit kit; that'll extend the game very much like the Elder Scroll series. Right now, most mods are in the post processing category, one of which I have to bring the skin of the people back from Shiny-ville.

SOM and TW3 are very different. i loved SOM a lot. i will never agree with the statement - "and if you hit the wrong sequence of buttons your pretty much automatic dead" which seems incredible far from the truth.
if the combat of SOM was too hard for you than you should know TW3's combat is harder. but i guess you cna play on the easiest difficulty settings and be fine.

i played SOM for many many hours. i played the trails over and over again and the game barely lost it's appeal on me.

TW3 is really different. it's combat is fast and might feel a bit like SOM or AC:U, but it's a story based game with great story and a lot of side quests and a lot of details you should take care of (alchemy, upgrades, crafting at smiths, upgrading your skills etc) so it's a rather complex game that is deep and statisfying. if you just want action than in some cases TW3 might feel slow, since there are a lot of conversations and trading and such (more like skyrim, indeed) but if you want a really high quality game with deep story and lore and good combat - TW3 is great.

but unlike skyrim you can not change the character you play - you cant change your fighting style, your weapons, your spells or anything like that. in that regard it's more like SOM or AC. not like skyrim.

but you didnt specity what is it that you are looking for. there are a lot of reviews on the game and here in the forums most of us like the game a lot so you will mostly hear good things about it.

Thank you for the replies! I think ill be picking it up tng.
I love the AC series. Also, its not that SoM was hard its just got repetitive and I was dying when my dog jumped on the couch because I hit one wrong keys, friggen annoying.

10xs the size of Los Santos
holy crap!

SoM is boring, repetitive, and has no engaging story line. It puts you in a bland wasteland with only orcs to kill. So I agree with you - I tried it for 10-15 hours but could not get back into. It's a shame that it was fairly rated when it release - I've felt mislead with that title. Onto better things...

I took a chance on Witcher 3, not having played any previous Witcher or CD Projekt Red games, and I've been blown away. This game is exceptional. The storyline, the music, the satisfying gameplay, the immersive world, etc. SoM simply does not compare, it's not in the same league!

I also think TW3's combat system is quite simple. That is, the act of taking down a group of enemies. To me, it was easier to get into. In a way, it almost feels realistic, as if you are playing the character yourself. It is also creative / flexible enough where you can find your own fighting style and use what works for you. I like to dodge, then come back and strike. And repeat that over and over again. And of course use magic in between. I found my own rhythm.

But this is subjective, anyone can view a combat system anyway they prefer.

I liked Shadow of Mordor, but it got boring and repetitive very fast.

On the other hand I've put 50-60 hours into Witcher 3, and I get more and more drawn to it with each hour. There is always a new and interesting place to explore and unique and interesting side quests to do.

Witcher 3 has no filler content such as repetitive quests, but Shadow of Mordor is built upon filler content.

Shadow of Mordor was enjoyable, quite simple in structure, but featured the wonderful Nemesis system.
That said, after one play through, I haven't been back.

TW3 has much greater depth.

SoM was brilliant, I had lots of fun playing it. Witcher 3 is equally as fun and it is far deeper than SoM. Witcher 3 beats SoM in every way except combat.

Two completely different games really, Shadows is more of an action game, you load it up, roam around the map, enjoy manipulating the nemesis system and kill hundreds and hundreds of orcs and is generally a decent amount of fun for awhile.

In TW3 its much more in depth, lots of details in the storyline and the lore of the game to pay attention to, a pretty decent leveling system (not the best I've experienced but certainly good enough imo) I actually think the combat system here is the games weak point, the controls are a little clunky but certainly nothing game breaking for me, especially when combat isn't the sole focus of the game and in all other areas it really excels (visuals, sound/atmosphere, exploration, writing, the whole package)

I personally like both games but much prefer TW3 mostly because it is much more in alignment with my favorite types of games (RPG's in general) whereas I have a friend who also likes both games but would take Shadows any day because more action oriented stuff is much more to his tastes.

SOM is more of a pick up and play game when you have time to kill. TW3 is more of a kiss your life goodbye for a few months type of game. Both are very fun but very, very different.

SOM played less than an hour before getting sick of its combat, which is bad since SOM is all about combat and nothing else...

80+ hours into TW3 wishing I had more vacation time.

very different games, let alone game lengths. I personally would go with Witcher 3 if I had to make a choice even with bugs its still an amazing game.

Top Bottom