List of Encountered Bugs

+
List of Encountered Bugs

Hi there. Just to give this post some more context, I have played through The Witcher 1 and 2 on PC. I also did go through the Tutorial at the start of the game but I did have all of my UI elements minimized. This means that I was only playing with visible medallion/health bar, buffs, and quick slot items. I am also playing on the Blood & Bones difficulty.

Thank you for creating such a phenomenal game. I am thoroughly enjoying it so far and hope that bringing attention to any of these things I experienced helps the team make it a better game for everyone. :)

I am playing on Windows 7 64 bit with a 760 GTX, 16GB DDR3 1600 mhz RAM, Intel 955, one monitor at 1920x1200 60hz.

Gameplay
Pressing C to dive does not always work. Geralt will try to dive and pop right back up.
Difficult to switch between targets. Pressing Z seems to toggle focus.
Equipping bombs and xbow was confusing; had to look up how to use them.
UI prompt appears to extinguish all candles which sometimes interferes with looting the containers they sit atop.
Rules pertaining to stealing are not clear. Guards will try to kill the player if player is witnessed stealing once. Player can flee from this and return shortly after.

AI
Deer and hare slow and have difficulty fleeing from player. Able to run up and kill them with sword.
Deer stop and start when fleeing.
Deer get stuck in trees when fleeing.
NPCs walk into the player after every cutscene ends.
Ambient peds do not navigate well around the player horse.
Ambient animals (geese) can walk through ambient peds.
Ambient peds do not avoid player horse very well.
Enemies alerted within 10m fail to path to the player and sometimes de-aggro.
Drowners have difficulty navigating around props when aggroed by player.

Art
Lots of trees and branches clipping into interiors.
No FX on player wading in small puddles.
Every candlestick has 3 candles unlit.
Distant ambient peds pop in and out of scenario animations.
Props will disappear or render in late in cutscenes.
UI shows gradient border an inch from the bottom of my screen when reading notices posted on trees. (1920x1200 resolution, 760gtx)

Code
Computer hard crashed (turned off) when speaking with Willis the blacksmith.
Crash to desktop once.
Language pack switched back to English after restart once.

Uh, a bug collection thread, very good... I'll pitch in, if I may:

Environmantal:
- Ugly ground texture bug infront of the vendor in Blackbough/Velen.

NPC/AI
- Also Blackbough: It's impossible to talk to the blacksmith when he is working the anvil, which is almost every time after the "Wild Heart" quest.

Last edited:
The worst (and, really, only) bug I've encountered so far is hard crashing. This happens to the point where I can't ALT-TAB out of the game.
I have two desktop monitors (one is 1080p which is actually a large TV used for gaming). When the crashes occur (random times), I hit alt tab and can see and move my mouse on the primary monitor but cannot click anything. CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work (nothing happens) and I can still, seemingly, interact with the menus in the game via the gamepad. I hear the menus changing when I press buttons on the gamepad and can even get the game to load a level, but all video is completely black.

This may be a driver issue (I'm using the latest nvidia drivers). Nothing is overclocked. CPU is water cooled.

Specs:
CPU: 4790k
GPU: GTX 970 4G
RAM: 16GB
SSD
Windows 8.1, fully updated, x64

Again, everything is clocked at factory defaults, so if there's a heat issue, it's news to me.

The only other (minor) bug is NPC pop-ins. Happens rarely, but will lower the density setting to high from Ultra to see if that resolves the issue.

Items:
- The attack power runes add 0% attack power - I think that's not right.

Basic game:
- Game does not disable screensaver/energy control... can be really annoying.

Hi guis since patch 1.04 i am having kind annoying problem buildings and people are dessapiring. example i ran intro a wall becous she is not visibul game need some time to show that wall to mo but its same with houses and people before patch it was ok .... is it just me who is having thys problem ?

I just remembered a couple more AI related bugs and one UI bug that could be explored.

- I ventured into a house in White Orchard in the evening and a Woman and Child were seen facing the open flame oven just doing a cheer animation. They looked like they were celebrating but it was very unclear as to what they were reacting to.

- After approaching a bandit camp and taking out an Archer, three melee soldiers stood next to each other and taunted the player simultaneously. This made them completely vulnerable to attacks even though I was within 10 feet of them.

- Since I play with no minimap, there is no compass for me when exploring. When Geralt reaches the end of the world, he comments about being lost. The result is that the map will automatically pop up. I try to figure out my orientation based on the player cursor but if I take a few steps in the wrong direction, the map will automatically reopen a few minutes later. Perhaps the player (while playing with minimap disabled) could be automatically reoriented in the correct direction after reaching the edge of the world? The map continually opening up makes it difficult for me to get back into explorable territory.

-Still can't rebind all keys (1.04) some features do not rebind correctly like stop boat/reverse/dismount (Had to manually rebind these), map and in game menu unset on me ocassionally and since you can't bind the escape key I had to manually add the in game menu back into config... Why not allow rebinding of Function keys like Quick save?

Not really a bug, but awful design choice:
- Candle in front of a lot of vendors... means you have to position yourself just right to talk to them rather than light/extinguish candles... so annoying.

Sometimes enemies like drowners or ghosts flee and avoid combat (not parry or evade) from Gerald.. no kidding :D and even more some drowners won't react on Gerald even if he stay right behind them.

Guest 3607827

Also the bug in white orchard shrine , abandoned site which should spawn 4 ghouls , but instead nothing is there at all day time

More:

- In White Orchard, during the first brawl that occurs in front of the inn, ambient peds began screaming and fleeing. Seemed like an overreaction.
- I found Napp and thought it was weird that I could not talk to him or interact with him. He remained in the same house/position until the relevant mission involving him happened which kind of spoiled it. Maybe he could load in after that quest begins?
- The guards seem to react to any level of stealing they witness by trying to kill the player, but the player is free to systematically loot peds' homes. This seems contradictory and confusing. There is also no way of knowing what the guards can witness/what is in range of them reacting to a steal.
- I obtained enough experience to level up during the White Orchard brawl cutscene before leaving with Vesemir, causing 2-3 large UI prompts to take up screen real estate during the action cutscene. Maybe wait until after the cutscene to resolve EXP for the player?

I agree that reporting bugs should help the devs in perfecting the game. Here are 2 major bugs I encountered:
--> Geralt starts swimming into the ground after jumping of his horse; see pics via link: http://imgur.com/a/ApXQ2
--> I dodge behind a tree to avoid being shot by man with bow. Arrow flies through the tree!! And I get killed
Both of these them happened in Velen. The swimming happened twice. One time I had to restart the game because Geralt wouldn't recover from it

Some minor issues for me
--> the NPC's get scared of nothing (sometimes). A whole village sometimes starts to scream for nothing. Then when an enemy gets closer to them, they don't run but just sit there waiting to be slaughtered.
--> almost non of the NPC's in the smaller villages have something to say (just one line). OK, its impossible to give all the NPC's a story, but its only 10 to 20% that is worth talking to.
--> NPC pop in

All in all a beautiful game! Thanks for that

Last edited:
Don't know if mentioned yet but one thing everyone encountered 100% while playing: Death animations play a little to late and have (maybe) too much force. (except the special dismemberment kills it seems)

Edit: Another one is underwater sound getting stuck when surfacing.

Last edited:
I just got a weird bug today. After a dialogue, I jumped on a "banister" - the street I wanted to jump onto was higher in a slope - and then Geralt kept jumping every 2 seconds without me doing anything. I could only fix it by holding right click (to use Witcher senses) and hold it for a few seconds. It stopped afterwards.

IT is not that only they didn't told nothing about the downgrade until it was released. But it turns out to be HELL OF A BROKEN GAME:

-Game braking main story bug quests
- LOTS OF LOTS OF LOTS OF visual glitches and bugs also sound bugs
- SHITTY POPINS
- Stupid battle mechanics with auto sheathing all the time
- Bullshit camera and bullshit camera effects ...
- Money exploits
- SO MANY THINGS floating 10cm or 5 inches from the ground such as barrels, tree roots, tables, chairs, people, NPC characters, herbs, grass, rocks in caves ..

And what we get .. a patch that break The GAME EVEN FURTHER .. I dunno what happened with CD red .. but they need to do a lot of testing from now on before they released the next retarded patch.

I don't believe that they will FIX anyTHING in this game soon, ESPECIALLY WITH THE QUESTSS AND the broken sword auto mechanics ! NOT to mention the hundresds of visual bugs ... CD RED CD RED ... are you trying to be like UBISOFT ??! ?!? !

- Red mutagen drop rate is extremely low... not quite sure if that's working as intended, but it doesn't really make sense.

Bug

USB keyboard volume control doesn't work
Not sure, but the game blocks every macro key combination, even the Windows key doesn't work anymore. Alt-Tabbing only works if another window is opened - the desktop doesn't count as another window if the game is upfront and running.

Something to be aware of is that when you pick up the following quest it will prevent you from fast travelling outside of zones (i.e. Skellige, Novigrad, etc) the fix is to complete the quest until its patched.
I think i found the culprit:

Contract: The Mystery of the Byways Murders

After clearing this quest i can now fast travel to other regions again. I suspect the quest was somehow in a bugged state, because i stumbled upon it by chance instead of accepting it from a notice board or the quest giver.

credit to all the people in this forum who did some sleuthing to figure out the cause of the bug.
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...ravel-broken?p=1706279&viewfull=1#post1706279

- Red mutagen drop rate is extremely low... not quite sure if that's working as intended, but it doesn't really make sense.

Oh, soo much this. I first went all out melee skills but once i noticed that red mutagens just don't drop at all i switched to all out signs.

Top Bottom