Witcher 3, Faults, Foibles & Possible Patches

+
Witcher 3, Faults, Foibles & Possible Patches

As a fan of both the Witcher series & CDPR, who deliberately paid more to get my game on GOG to better support CDPR, I can only say I'm disappointed with W3.
It has various let downs with armors, loot, leveling, repairs, merchants and blacksmiths, (see GOG forum 'who designed loot system? are you on drugs?) but the cardinal sin is the combat system.
Not only does my strong attack not consistently work, my bomb/crossbow aim & use is glitchy too, the dodge response is slugish but the enemies attacks aren't, but worst is the dodge/roll/obstacle fault, & I'm not alone. So, the game switches from space=jump to space=roll in combat which can lead to you rolling against stuff you would normally jump over. This makes the combat almost unusable in quite a few situations. I've got stuck rolling against knee height walls, small chests, knee high stalagmites etc. It could be almost funny if it didn't lead to death & if this was just another RPG, but we're talking about CDPR's state of the art brand new release here. If there's ONE thing above all you need in an action game, it's crisp, clean, precise control of your character & sadly this game doesn't have it. Hopefully it could be fixed with a patch as it's obviously a game mechanic thing. It's the game that 'sees' things that it normally decides are jumpable,(hell, I can walk thru some of them in normal play), as full height obstacles when in combat mode. Come on CDPR, I expect better of you.

Last edited:
Faults? Their failure to release patches that don't ruin the game

Foibles? Turning masterpieces into monstrosities in under a week

Possible patches? Let us return to 1.02, or for them to release a 1.05 that doesn't make performance and visuals worse.

Top Bottom