• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
The Witcher 2 potions was so great and logical, you prepare before the battle , potions take time to work . Now Witcher 3 potions system was dumbed down like any other button smasher out there, constantly gargling potions and stuffing food in your mouth while trading blows with the enemy like an eat drink fight contest : P which is ok if your playing on normal or bed wetter level.

The old potion system should have been adapted in the harder levels at least...
(at maximum you could have 1 or 2 potions to use in emergency in the easy access pockets, of course having penalties like potency effect , delay time , and the drink animation)

Last edited:
Arena in W3

Some feedback on melee combat under spoiler
Just finished the game after a week of playing(12+ hrs each day ^_^), it was an awesome experience, now there are plenty question marks to discover yet. But that is not the case I decided to mention in that post. I am coming up with a suggestion, or would that be a request to be more accurate. The Witcher 3 offers us a fantastic melee combat system, that includes almost a hundred of different moves(or atleast it was said so in the reviews) and to me it feels like a lack of sword combat against people(bandit camps are not so populated and most of them are low-level by the moment Geralt gets good stats to be a meet grinder). I really enjoyed the boss fights, it gave me a good competition experience, but unforunately that was so few.
I would really like to see the Arena back from the Witcher 2 in the future free DLCs or in a patch, that would give the melee combat fans a chance to have their own mini-game like the enthralling Gwent to spend even more hours in the game and test all these awesome skills and equipment sets.
Also the New Game + with higher monster levels and advanced mechanics would really be appreciated.

OMG CDPR: I just want to walk.

Please please please CDPR, can you patch an option that will allow me to just walk and not jog if I use the LS to move in any direction? And I mean full out in that direction. I don't like that I will jog without pressing a button.

You guys could patch it to walk, jog and sprint just like we are riding Roach. To walk is just the LS (of course the lighter we push it, the slower he walks, but still walks and only walks), and when we press once and hold the button, we jog. And if we double press and hold, we sprint.

I know from past WB games like batman arkham games and shadow of mordor, walking and running is like this but your idea of double tapping for roach would be great for Geralt too.

Hope it can be done. I'm tired of being in places where I NEED NEED NEED to walk to search areas, walk in towns or caves, or anything really to do with just playing the game just to walk. I don't want to play a mini game with the controller stick just to walk and not jog.

No offense, but I am walking nearly all the time, and I don't have a patch or mod you might be missing. Maybe there are people who actually think it's a hassle to only slightly push an analog-stick, but I never imagined it to be so difficult. Is your thumb hurting or something? Lacking sensitivity? I do prefer the GTA/AC/Arkham-way myself (with multiple button presses for running for example), but that's just my preference and doesn't keep me from enjoying games with other control schemes. You should either wait for a mod or do it yourself; I recon this "problem" is too small for CDPR to waste their time on - and frankly, I've never heard about this being such a big problem tthat it actually brings you to "please please please" someone for relief.

I switched to keyboard/mouse for this reason (it's really annoying to have to maintain that oh-so-sensitive 'light touch' on the analogue stick, and I walk literally everywhere when I'm not fighting or riding). I bound the walk key to my mouse's most easily accessible thumb-key. I'm so glad I made the switch. This game is 100x more enjoyable playing with kbm controls.

I recommend becoming encumbered. You will be forced to walk and the camera becomes closer to your character. You can still dodge and attack too. Pretty cool. Wonder if there is any other negative to be encumbered besides not being able to sprint.

The Xbox pad is fine for walking, and I find the push button to gallop/sprint on horse clunky. Let us find our own pace with the analog stick.

Is it a specific controller problem or do you just rather push all the way?

Im playing on PS4. It's just annoying. Obviously not game breaking. Just annoying. I just like to have things so it's the easiest way possible.

Oh and it's not that I'm having trouble, it's just that it's happening every so often that it annoys me. I just want to walk. That's it. Now I have to play a mini game with the controller so I don't jog.

In real life, I don't have to try and not jog. Lol.

Last edited:
Combat is unbalanced:

-First of all Geralt movement sucks, he is too heavy or it feels like he does things too late, you input something and 1 second later he does it.

-Blocking is pointless, seems like all enemies can stagger you if you dare to block -----> Pointless mechanic.

-Dodge/evasion spam fest VS the enemy attack spam fest, that is the combat in a nutshell, specially on Death March where enemies can hit real hard and you cant allow yourself to get hit.

-Enemies can recover and counter attack if you try to stun lock them, you cant do that, so... if you got stun locked you are dead, specially when 2 or more enemies are attacking you at the same time, no way to get free.

-Geralt gets stuck in almost every damn thing in the world, the other day i got stuck with my horse in a damn camp fire whil i was trying to get out a bunch of bandits murderer me... the second fight with the Wraiths in the Botchling quest also is another "FUN" place to get stuck in everything.

-Signs share "cool downs" aka they use the same stamina bar, there is no way to increase your stamina like in the first witcher, no way to cast more than 1 sign THATS COMPLET BS, one of the main reasons signs are less powerful than melee build, like i said before in other post, my sword attacks without any upgrades do more damage than my upgraded signs with sign power mutagens...

-The combat suffers the same that Dark Souls 2 suffered (but actually Dark souls 2 handled it a bit better since blocking in that game wasnt complete useless mechanic), the combat is more like 1 vs 1 scenario, it dosent really work that well when you get multiple enemies at once, it dosnet work and it becomes the roll spamming fest, because enemies keep attacking is like they dont have some kind of stamina or something to prevent them to SPAM their attacks.

-Some enemeies hit boxes are bad, i mean their attack hitboxes, in this case Wraiths... their attacks cover a HUGE area and is really easy mode for that enemy to score a hit on you even if you evaded and remember block is useless, you can handle 1 but more than that will star becoming problematic specialy when enemies can just spam their attacks with no penalty whatsoever.Combat is bad, for many reason sit feels cheesy and unbalanced:

Witcher and Bugs

Alright, let me start with a quick greetings. Hello community.
Alow me to tell you right off the spot, this thread would be completely dedicated to the game bugs, errors or other stuff that get in the way of an average player who play this game. To be honest, at first, I did not wanted to bother with this thread and bug listing at all, especially after a grate disappointment of DA: Inquisition (hope it is alright to post the title here). I waited for that game and had grate hopes for it, as well as spent allot of time listing all the bugs I've found out in there (there was roughly around 100 of them). But in the end, it was all waste of time. In that light, I did not expected much from Witcher III. But after playing the game for about 30 hours, I come to like it. Among all the crap and fakes from famous titles. The Witcher III proved to be quite interesting and well made game.
So, I decided to show support for this game and help developers to improve it, if they willing to take up on my offer. I looked the forum, briefly, and as usual no one bothered to make a thread to gather and organize bugs from the game. The best there was is a one thread - one error, with occasional mentioning of other bugs and pages and pages of unrelated chat. Of course I browsed trough the sticky tread by Keth, but it seems to be dedicated to forum bugs. With that, I shall start my own thread, where I will post bugs and errors I found in the game. I will try to keep this posts updated, anyone willing to aid me and bring errors that I've missed or did not already mentioned to devs. attention, by all means, feel free to post here. Attention and any responses from developers are more then welcome.

1) First of all, the quest system is somewhat bugged. For instance, you can find some blood stain in the forest (while you wander it and breath some fresh air) and that would instantly gives you some quest, which you did not have before that. Naturally, that makes you unable to go trough all the steps of the quest, and in some cases, it will not allow you to finish it. The most vivid example of that is "Contract: Patrol Gone Missing". You can find the blood stains near the cave, and will receive that quest without actually going to the "Nilfgaardian Army Group Center Camp". But this way the Wyvern, you need to kill, would not be there to be killed, naturally you would be unable to complete the quest.

2) Another vivid bug, regarding quest system is the side quest "Witcher Wannabe". I've took it at "Crow's Perch" and the map showed that the same quest could be obtained from other three villages nearby (that is taken from the later quest dialogs), but the quest itself, did not registered at my quest journal, until I actually visited "Lindenvale" and spoke with the mayor. At the end of the quest Geralt tells as if he visited other villages and they spoke about this wannabe who tricked them. But you I've visited this villages and while the map showed that there is a new contract on the post board, there was actually non and no one spoke about this wannabe Witcher.

That is it, for now. I hope that this thread would help developers to improve the game and make it better all around.

P.S.: I made this thread for reporting bugs and other game issues. So please, if you decided to post, make your post as constructive as possible and easy find (you can use numbers like I did, meaning next bug or issue would be number 3). And if you wish to talk, or deliver a message to the World, or just flame, spam or whatever. Please, do this elsewhere.

-> Fix the bug, - affter pressing I to enter inventory Geralts face is in pixelated in squares
-> Increase stack size of every possible item in the game at least 10 times, and decrease the weight of everything in game at least 10 times !
-> increase vendor Money and items, or number of items that they have
-> Create FOV for 3rd and 1st person, or at least go closer to the char so I can enjoy those nice swords
-> Make and FX tool in-game so you can make own presets without having to copy any mod into the game, and can do it with any patch
-> Move Additional Items on screen far to the left please and also the Active Buffs, make them small for Small sized scale hud and move them left under the player health

---------- Updated at 09:36 PM ----------

Yes, the best freedom of movement ive seen so far is the vanilla scyrim movement - its realistic, but still a game, and it doesnt have to make a circle to turn around lol, i sometimes fall pressing W but he still goes bacwards - its too realistic maybe, but too stupid,

Block should be increased, or have an ability to increase it

AND OFCOURSE 1.04 DIDNT FIX ANY TEXTURE RENDERING ISSUES - ALL ROCKS AND LANDSCAPE ROCKS ARE LOADING EVERY 1-2 SECONDS AS I MOVE AROUND THE - GARBAGE TRASH DEVELOPMENT !

More Feedback/Suggestions

UI/GENERAL:

Quick Load key (F5 is undocumented Quick Save), the usual assignment is F9.

Hide UI key for screenshots

When you finish a quest, if it must auto select another quest, please have it chose the lowest level quest in the same category at least.

Completed/Failed quest log should have sort options (level/area).

It would be nice if you had some additional options to sort/view 'in progress/new' quests:
* Sort by Level/Area/Type
* Have another tree branch under each category for area
* Option to hide quests (like hide level 18 quests when you're level 4)...

I know this would be tough, but an option to replay cutscenes (using the options you already picked).

An option to forever hide 'SPACE Skip".

GWENT

I'll be the first to admit I"m not much of a 'mini game' person but I've pretty much (at level 16) given up completely on Gwent.

Because of the story progression in the first area, I lost the opportunity to play the first innkeeper and the other guy to practice with and now I simply do not have enough cards to play 3 rounds of Gwent.

Moreover, a lot of the rules of Gwent are very vague and I am at a loss as to how to play it well. I realize there are FAQs on the net but the in-game tutorial was insufficient.

(Having said all that, I sucked at poker dice in Witcher 2 and gave up on that too so... there you are :p - about half the time I'd lose at least one dice while rolling to the floor lol)

TAME SEX:

This is going to sound odd but so far (through "Now or Never") but the sex scenes in Witcher 3 seem disappointingly tame.

Hmmm your game CDproject is great buuuutt one thing killed it and i mean totaly choped his head of by redanien soldires and burned by witchhunters ... but by witchhunters and redaniens who shouldn't be there anymore !

I red the message after i finished the mainquest which said the world is now in the state pre final quest ...
but didnt reliesed its meaning ... then was shocked why nothing changed, why NO mainquest npc ( not no but nearly no one ) was in the world anymore to speak with Geralt. I dont think you chosed that "solution" cause there were to many different endings having impact on the world and the npcs ... i realy doubt it that it is impossible to but other soldiers on the streets, putting mainquest npcs in the world ( maybe with one little quest line like meeting ciri huntig a monster that u searched too. That would have been the most epic of epics of the mother of epics ) and change some lines of the npcs so that u get feedback what you have done to the world.
This simple detail realy dissapionted me :(
Another problem which comes along with the previous one is that the St. Gerouges Brige was closed cause i killed Radovid and now doesnt open again cause you know ... but u can speedtravel in this location with one problem. You are trapped now on the Brige ( u can jumpe in the water ). A quest with a woman on the brige doesnt works cause she is glitching through the barricades (like everyone except Geralt) and you cant follow her to her house.
Realy this problem kills the game. This is one of the most important things and was many times done not realy good in games but in this its just missing entirely.
I can only think of one possible reason. The game wasnt meant to be played after mainquest.

Your game is nearly bug free BUT it crashes more often then any other game i played before. Dont know if its a driver issue or the games but i realy hope its fixed soon.

Last edited:
Just a minor thing: blood doesnt smear geralt's sword ( at least not on the ps4 version) maybe it could be added.
I would like to say that TW3 is living up to my ridiculously high expectations, thanks reds, I think I havent been so mesmerized by a game since I was 12. Thank you so much!!

-Blocking is pointless, seems like all enemies can stagger you if you dare to block -----> Pointless mechanic.

Its pointless cause u dont know how to block ! You have to counter that means blocking as late as u can ... that staggers your enemy and u can chop his head of if u wish :)
You can increas the stamina recovery amount ... so. And u can cancel your attack to avoid the counter from your enemy you just have to be quick. You sound like you are to bad for the game and frustrated. You know u can easily doge with the little side steps ? You know u can use quen to protect you if fighting against groups ? Learn the game then complain ... same goes with dark souls.

Its pointless cause u dont know how to block ! You have to counter that means blocking as late as u can ... that staggers your enemy and u can chop his head of if u wish :)
You can increas the stamina recovery amount ... so. And u can cancel your attack to avoid the counter from your enemy you just have to be quick. You sound like you are to bad for the game and frustrated. You know u can easily doge with the little side steps ? You know u can use quen to protect you if fighting against groups ? Learn the game then complain ... same goes with dark souls.

Dear god no... one of those...

Block =/ Parry

Get some reading comprehension skills before you quote someone.

Last edited:
Dear god no... one of those...

Block =/ Parry

Get some reading comprehension skills before you quote someone.

I wasnt sure if you know how to parry yes blocking is pointless indeed but it is good that it is becuase you have to block / parry right.
And yes u still sound you are too bad for the game. Learn it. I and i think the most have no problem to doge and strike then to doge or parry or sth else against a group of opponents. Realy it isnt the games fault. Learn the game and your problem is fixed.
Also the parry =/ doge wasnt the only thing ... i realy hope i helped you but you are seeming just pissed :(
You can belive me i played the mainquest, most of the sidequests and witcherquests. I dont know how many hours i spent cause the game doesnt counts the hours when the game is quit by a crash ( i had so many many crashes). But i think i played it 70h +. I am playing it currently on highest difficulty cause the game grows to easy at some point of the the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom