you gotta fix this fall damage....

+
Weird, I see this issue everywhere, but not once have I died from fall damage in the game. Am I doing it right or what? Just hit the jump button on landing again and problem solved.

it should be less damaging, it's plain, I mean I've jumped from the first story and took more damage than when a level 29 troll whacked me in the head. that ain't right.

Its perfect like it is, to many games allow stupid jumping and falling, go play skyrim if you want the hello kitty rpg experience.

I think the calculations are wonky, and it seems that damage is mitigated from things like touching a nearby lower object. I haven't died either, but only because I've been paranoid after seeing most of my health lost from a 6 foot drop.

You guys are right about the fall damage, but well, its the first witcher game that you can jump, it didnt made me so much surprised, they'll probably fix it but its understandable lol

Funny thing happened yesterday, Geralt pulled himself up a ledge and gave a little vault at the top to spring over it. Apparently, he pulled too hard because he took damage from landing (on top of the ledge) to the tune of half his hit points. Seems excessive.

yeah worst for me is sliding down a slightly steep hill, and splat dead... Though a creature did knock me off a tower and I survived though I think that was likely a bug. I am not sure if later in the game when you have more HP if this become less of a problem.

It is excessive at times, and a little broken or excessively tuned. Jump from the boat to shore sustain fall damage, jump from a bar table to the floor sustain fall damage, jump down a lousy 2 mtrs or so (which I do effortlessly in real life) get fall damage, slide down a 45 degree slop hit a pebble get fall damage... jump of a 5 metre wall etc nearly die (last 1 possible, but for a Witcher highly improbable)

"Not a problem, I'll handle the monster." Geralt said. "I'm a witcher," he added, stating the matter of fact. "Now where is the creature?"

"Just around that corner and down a ledge," the terrified peasant replied. "Hurry! Think of the children!"

"Down a what now?" Geralt asked, his face turning ashen.

"Down a ledge! About a three foot drop, the kids jump down there all the time! That's how this happened."

"Three foot?" Geralt echoed, fear clawing at his voice.

"Yes, three—is there a problem, witcher?"

"These children. You can have more, right?"

Ironically, I fell down a cliff but somehow managed to 'surf' all the way down with no damage. Also managed to jump off a cliff with Roach and float down with no damage. Fell off a ledge made from two wooden poles... it hurt.

Top Bottom