After 1.04, my ultra fps has gone from 55-60, to 35-40.

+
After 1.04, my ultra fps has gone from 55-60, to 35-40.

Barely even playable. I have a GTX 970, an AMD fx 6100 6 core processor (3.8 GHz) and 32 GBs of RAM.

I was fucking loving this game on ultra settings for the first 40 hours of play time. Couldn't keep myself off it, and had great, stable fps. Now, I have to run it on medium, and it still somehow performs ~the same/worse than what it was before on ULTRA.

Any way to rollback to 1.03 or before? I don't care about bug fixes, I was having no issues with the game up until this patch.

They said 970 owners would be able to run the game on ultra at 60 fps. I was until 1.04. What the hell is going on?

Absolutely. I have also crashed about 4 times today, and I've opened the game 6. It is an absolute mess, it's incredibly glitchy, clunky and it doesn't perform well at all any more.

had 25 % less fps with 1.04 when i deleted the user.settings file and had it created again by starting the game.
same fps loss even after changing all video settings to the same as before!

when i copied over my backup from 1.03 i got my 25 % fps back.

i looked at the files in the witcher 3 directory, it seems only a few files in the main dir have been replaced and one or more lines added to user.settings.

so if you have backups of your 1.03 user.settings files, copy it over again. hope you get the 25 % fps back, too.

I suspect they upped many of the default graphic options, and I heard, that they enabled negative LOD. This costs more GPU power, gard becomes hotter, frame rate drops.

A consequence of much yelling and complaining about graphics worse than previews, and so on. I should be possible to undo these, but I do not know how. I personally am still using 1.02, since I see no real advantage in the new 1.03 and 1.04 patches. They are all about graphic quality, as it seems. Had 1.03 installed and downgraded, because 1.03 introduced new problems and solved (for me!) no problem.

Welcome to the club of unhappy Witcher 3 customers. They really fucked up with this patch. My temps went up 10 degrees and I lost 10 frames. I mean I don't even know what to say at this point.

Getting hitching, I have had 50 hours of great gameplay now the patch has done something. I get random frame skip, really small but I'm sensitive to this and its quite annoying. I run a GTX 780 with ultra settings over 60 fps and it was awesome. But now sad face.....:(

how about this? revert the options, but add a new level called 'ultra 4k'... bcs i think its just the 4k users which are asking for more detail...

i mean, shit... i have this game on high and it looks fine to me. the resolution of textures might not be 'uber', but the fact that locations seem more natural, believable, and have a variety of foliage/fauna, all the lighting/weather effects, etc... are more than enough to compensate.

like wtf... are people kissing the dirt or something? how do you notice bad dirt texture?...

you spend a lot of time with your face in the ground?

Last edited:
Same problem for me with a MSI GTX 980...
Here are more info on my FPS drops

With a 980? Damn. CDPR need to sort this out. I emailed them about it today, it would be wise to do the same with your issue. Raise more awareness and they can hopefully fix the game.

---------- Updated at 10:20 PM ----------

had 25 % less fps with 1.04 when i deleted the user.settings file and had it created again by starting the game.
same fps loss even after changing all video settings to the same as before!

when i copied over my backup from 1.03 i got my 25 % fps back.

i looked at the files in the witcher 3 directory, it seems only a few files in the main dir have been replaced and one or more lines added to user.settings.

so if you have backups of your 1.03 user.settings files, copy it over again. hope you get the 25 % fps back, too.

How do I check whether I have 1.03 backups, and if I have them, how do I copy them over etc?

---------- Updated at 10:21 PM ----------

I suspect they upped many of the default graphic options, and I heard, that they enabled negative LOD. This costs more GPU power, gard becomes hotter, frame rate drops.

A consequence of much yelling and complaining about graphics worse than previews, and so on. I should be possible to undo these, but I do not know how. I personally am still using 1.02, since I see no real advantage in the new 1.03 and 1.04 patches. They are all about graphic quality, as it seems. Had 1.03 installed and downgraded, because 1.03 introduced new problems and solved (for me!) no problem.

Is there a way to revert to previous versions?

Top Bottom