PS4 pretty much unplayable in terms of frame rate

+
PS4 pretty much unplayable in terms of frame rate

Brand new ps4 here. Love the game, my favorite game in the series. But something that's killing the mood very fast is the atricious frame rate, i'm on the 1.03 patch and the frame rate is still the same!

You need to get past white orchard to really see the fps drops.

Novigrad during day or nights with lots of lights fps is around 20-22fps

Getting 12-16 fps in bogs!!! This is unacceptable

FPS drops a lot when:

Rain
Lots of NPC's
Spectres/Wraiths (probably due to massive alpha effects)
Torches, lights
The bog.... seriously this is like a slideshow

If the PS4 can't handle 1080p, then why not use 900p?

Thanks

Last edited:
Brand new ps4 here. Love the game, my favorite game in the series. But something that's killing the mood very fast is the atricious frame rate, i'm on the 1.03 patch and the frame rate is still the same!

You need to get past white orchard to really see the fps drops.

Getting 12-16 fps in bogs!!! This is unacceptable

FPS drops a lot when:

Rain
Lots of NPC's
Spectres/Wraiths (probably due to massive alpha effects)
Torches, lights
The bog.... seriously this is like a slideshow

If the PS4 can't handle 1080p, then why not use 900p?

Thanks

900p is a excuse for bad programming. Besides if the framerate drops to 12-16, even 900p will drop frames yet.

dang, i must have different kind of ps4 i use sshd maybe that the case... im not as good as TC in terms of counting frame rate with my bare eyes, but drops are not that bad and i never experienced camera stutter, and damn im in bog right now..... runs fine.

Since it takes M$/SONY nearly a week or so to get patches out (Which is annoying) my guess is 1.03 has been ready for a while, and 1.04 is likely coming in a week or two.

Hopefully, you know.. 1.04 ACTUALLY improved the games performance, like.. a steady, locked, playable 30FPS and not this bullshit of 25fps and lower, unplayable.

I don't understand these FPS drops people are getting. I'm about 30-35 hours in and have never once experienced stutter or frame rate loss. The game plays smooth as silk. Maybe I just don't notice it. Now if it were dropping to to something like 3-4 frames per I'd notice it and call it a big deal, but I guess i'm just not seeing what everyone else is.

its true that i also thought the frame rate was pretty good. but the reason people are coming along saying they dont notice the fps issues is largely because. A: they are still in white orchard where there arent many issues. or they havent been to crookback bog in Velen. because it does drop to at least 20, maybe lower and like someone else said. when it rains you are looking at around 15fps. i have heard that people who have upgraded their ps4 hard drive to SSHD or SSD are having a better experience. i dont know if that is true or not

Let the 10fps reign over them, they, who will face the enemy of frames, and playable games, and have you suffer.

You expected stable 30FPS?! HAHAHA! FOOL! Only 20FPS and lower to be found here!

How old are you really?

Does it matter how old is he? He's telling the truth, framerate is HORRIBLE in this game, once I left White Orchard I was so disappointed with the performance, especially near the bogs and after 1.03 in Novigrad (draw distance and texture quality on npc changing before your very eyes).

Can someone please point me to the option in the settings where I can enable the FPS counter? I see lots of posts with very specific FPS numbers, so obviously its something that is available within the game, right ?

Does it matter how old is he? He's telling the truth, framerate is HORRIBLE in this game, once I left White Orchard I was so disappointed with the performance, especially near the bogs and after 1.03 in Novigrad (draw distance and texture quality on npc changing before your very eyes).

He is telling the truth I agree with the comments about the poor framerate and I even made a thread about it. But the way he expresses his complaint is completely immature...

State your complaints but in a mature way, showing respect. Trust me it will be much more appreciative/productive that way.

Getting 12-16 fps in bogs!!!

please advise. i would also like to activate the detailed FPS stats on my PS4. can't seem to find the option to give me these accurate readings. thanks in advance :)

if you can´t compare the framerate of this game with PS3 games, it´s your fault. This game have similar drops to Dragons Dogma on PS3 (19-20fps according to Eurogamer).

Can someone please point me to the option in the settings where I can enable the FPS counter? I see lots of posts with very specific FPS numbers, so obviously its something that is available within the game, right ?

For those of us who grew up PC gaming and keeping our eyes on "fraps" or similar frame rate counters it's not hard to fairly accurately guess frame rates. While it may seem magical to you it's really just a skill you don't appear to have.

For those of us who grew up PC gaming and keeping our eyes on "fraps" or similar frame rate counters it's not hard to fairly accurately guess frame rates. While it may seem magical to you it's really just a skill you don't appear to have.

For those who grew up on console gaming instead these drops are nowhere different from any other drops games even less complex always had, so addressing those as making the game, expecially such a huge game, unplayable is, in my humble opinion, an exageration to be euphemistic at least, and i wonder why people who grew on Pc gaming, and consequently so sensible to this problem they can perfectly recognize every single drop and give it a correspondent number, didn't chose to play this game on Pc considering how frequent and unbearable the frame rate issues are on console gaming.
Maybe letting console players do not recognize this problem as they always do thanks to their poor training on it, should have put CD Projekt RED at work on REAL problems, like quest bugs.
Sometime a real author must remember his duty is not give the audience what they want, but what they need...

For those who grew up on console gaming instead these drops are nowhere different from any other drops games even less complex always had, so addressing those as making the game, expecially such a huge game, unplayable is, in my humble opinion, an exageration to be euphemistic at least, and i wonder why people who grew on Pc gaming, and consequently so sensible to this problem they can perfectly recognize every single drop and give it a correspondent number, didn't chose to play this game on Pc considering how frequent and unbearable the frame rate issues are on console gaming.
Maybe letting console players do not recognize this problem as they always do thanks to their poor training on it, should have put CD Projekt RED at work on REAL problems, like quest bugs.
Sometime a real author must remember his duty is not give the audience what they want, but what they need...

So your advice is to just not inform PS4 players of the frame rate issues - let them suffer quietly and hope they go away? I'm pretty sure you're in the wrong sub-forum.

I game on pc for years and always aware of frame rate but op described exact numbers, but yeah I'm just as annoyed, ruins the game,

I grew up on PC gaming ,and am almost 40 years old now, and truth be told, I cannot tell any frame rate difference from one area to the next so I guess its either old age or I didn't develop this magical "skill" because I've been in the bog in the rain fighting foglets (or whatever they are called) and haven't noticed a single issue. The game play is as fluid as it is on a clear day in an open area to my eyes. My wife is also a gamer and she can not see and drop in fluidity when she watches me play. I'm not denying that there is a frame rate drop possibly, but I am highly dubious of some of the "the game is unplayable" claims.

Top Bottom