• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Beard and hair suggestion!

I love the mechanic with dynamic hear growth, the only thing that disappoints me is the limit of length. I would love to see the checkbox in option that will allow to grow really long beard, that will force you to go to the barber. ))) Maybe make some unique haircut styles that depends on the length of hear.... that would be awesome.

Please Scale Quest Levels!

Note: This thread is supportive of up-scaling levels only. Down scaling is generally a bad idea for games and would destroy this one in particular.

I would first like to say that I am really enjoying this game. It may well end up being one of my favorite games of all time.

One issue I have though is that the game becomes too easy after a while, since there are so many missions to complete that I found my Witcher becoming over-leveled compared to the opposition he was facing. It was disappointing when I faced a boss that looked powerful and yet went down easily. I am playing on the harder difficulty settings, so that isn't the issue.

I think the fix would be simple: upscale enemy levels to Geralt's. A mission that is level 14 can remain that when Geralt is level 8, but should be at least near 20 when Geralt is level 20. Likewise, random enemies on the road should be at least somewhere in the range of Geralt's levels so each combat goes from a sure-victory to being a fight for survival.

---------- Updated at 12:36 PM ----------

Since the game already has non-scaled levels, it might not even be a bad idea for this to be an option in the menu.

Last edited:
I am really enjoying many aspects of this game. The story is good. The immersion is good.. but there are a handfull of tweaks that would make the quality of life in this game much better. I feel the list below distracts me from being able to fully focus on the gameplay and should be tweaked so it becomes a non-issue.

1 - Area Loot - Running over all the red dots on the map and spamming E doesn't feel rewarding and takes a lot of time. Area looting would solve this issue. Also when trying to loot big stacks of crates sometimes the camera won't lock on to some of them.. again area looting would solve this.

2 - Auto Pickup of Herbs - I can't use my horse because I see a node I have to pick it. I run around spamming E over herbs. Let herbs be auto pickup when you run over them please... or reduce the nodes by 95% and make them yield tons of herbs in a single loot.

3 - Durability / Repair System - Damage rate needs to be reduced 75%. Items break way too fast. Example.. I got stabbed 5 times in my face... better go repair my boots.. Makes sense right. Also remove the gold cost of durability and make repair cost mats? No need for a pointless gold sink. I already spend gold breaking down stuff into mats might as well require those mats for repairs.. makes more sense.

4 - Fall Damage - My greatest enemy is a 5 ft. drop. I can twirl around the battlefield leaping and rolling yet I can drop off a 5 ft. wall without crashing to my death. Sometimes when I fall I roll when I hit and other times just splat.

5 - Inventory Weight Issues - Just remove weights. I don't need to run back to town every 30 minutes because I'm overburdened. I mean if I can carry 15 swords around anyway the realism isn't there so just remove weights. Weight and inventory restrictions really only pull me away from the story and gameplay.

6 - Dismantle Tab Issues - First off, why the bleep is this tab filled with things that can not be dismantled? Second off, I want a "sell all junk" or "dismantle all junk" button

7 - Equipment Level Restrictions - I had the material to make almost every item for every pattern I knew... but I was level 7 and almost every single item had level restrictions. I hate it. Also.. How come I can use a rare sword that can freeze on hit yet I lacked the ability to wield a non-magical hatchet? I can't put on this pair of boots because of level? Items should be restricted by hard mobs. If I can kill it and loot it I should be able to wear it.

8 - Camera Zoom - Why can't I zoom in or out as far as I want or even go into first person? Can't even take a good screenshot. Sometimes I can't even target things to loot it because of the camera angles and lack of zoom.

9 - Regenerating Potions & Bombs - So I meditate and drink beer and magically all my potions and bombs are replenished? Uhh ok. So then do I even need to loot all the herbs I see? Is there a point to stocking up if I only gotta craft one potion one time? Not sure I fully understand the point to having all these herbs if I don't have to keep crafting.

10 - Can't kill anybody -
Game won't let me attack and kill anybody. I understand not being able to fight storyline characters but some peasant I found in the woods let me hack um up! After all who is around to see?

11 - Sprinting - I can't sprint forever. My bar eventually goes down and then I have to stop sprinting for 1 second and its full again. Just let me sprint forever since the stamina refills almost instantly anyway.

12 - Looting on horse - I can't loot on the horse so I choose not to even use it.

13 - Stealing - I can run into a house and steal everything and nobody tells a guard... yet I try to pick up an apple near a guard and they all go HAM on me. Although I found that I can sometimes position myself in odd places and loot it and they don't see me. Not sure how to fix this system.... but if a guard has his back turned or he can't see me then he shouldn't be able to detect me stealing.

14 - Quest Tracking - Track multiple quests at once. Kind of annoying to keep having to go back into the quest journal and reset the tracker.

15 - Hotkeys - Id like to be able to bind multiple consumables to multiple hotkeys. I don't like being restricted to R and F.

16 - Swapping to crossbow or swapping swords - This is the most clunky thing ever. Crossbow not only does horrible damage its a pain to swap to and from weapons. I don't like it pulling out my weapon for me anyways and sometimes I find myself pressing 1 or 2 on my own and then putting my weapon back up and find my self rolling around the battlefield trying to pull my weapon back out. Weapon swapping needs to be more instant and responsive.

17 - Monster EXP is non existent.- There seems to be no EXP reward for grinding / slaying monsters. Questing seems to be the only effective way to level. You would think that practicing my combat skills.. in combat.. would increase them faster than talking to people.

18 - No Buy Back System - A Sold an item for 6g on accident had to buy it back for 70g. As if anybody would deny The Witcher an even return when he hands you the wrong item.

Yep, basically almost everything you said are my problems too. I might add a few things though, but this is more like a personal preferences and hopefully mod community will provide it.
1. Unlimited weight personal chest (or a separate saddle bag inventory), just like previous games
2. HUD icons for potions, bombs and alt. weapons are on top left screen, grouped together with health bar HUD. this making it more easily to watch on screen. I get a little bit annoyed when you basically need to focus on fight but still need to watch some ground or grass.
3. on/off option for auto sheath weapons
4. bringing back animation for meditation.
5. parry icon on enemies. this is optional but sometimes it's a little bit hard to parry attacks while you got yourself a surrounded attacks almost at the same time.
6. able to reset you skill points with from the start, no lose place of power points if you reset it.
7.adding to "add to junk" option and "sell all junk" option for items
8.quick swap key for bombs & alt. weapons

I don't think you're going to find a lot of people in support of this idea. Most people despise level scaling.

I dislike the way Skyrim did it, where everything you find is always scaled to your level. But there are certain quests, even main story quests, that should be scaled so they don't become too easy if one finishes too many side quests. I, myself, would prefer if all monsters remain at least in a certain range based around the Witcher's level so that every fight seems challenging and potentially life threatening.

No to downscaling!

Yes to upscaling.

If you do a quest at level 10 meant for level 20 then the quest should remain level 20, however, if you do a level 10 quest while you are level 20 the mobs should scale up! :)

the potion and oil stats should appear on the screen at the same level as the armor and weapon stats during game play , like it was on the witcher 2 ... i can hardly notice when my potion effects run off .
(the 30s and instant effect totally broke everything that was special about the Witcher potion system : P)

No to downscaling!

Yes to upscaling.

If you do a quest at level 10 meant for level 20 then the quest should remain level 20, however, if you do a level 10 quest while you are level 20 the mobs should scale up! :)

Sorry, I should have made it more clear that I (and from what I've seen most people with this issue) only really want up-scaling. Down-scaling is a terrible idea for this (and most other) games. I'd change the topic title to clarify if I could.

- option to lower sensitivity settings further (lowest sensitivity is still too high)
I just wanted to update: the game is running surprisingly very smooth now that I turned off my internet and edited my tv settings.

For the running, I suggest instead:
[left analog to walk, click x once to go into running mode, hold x to sprint]
(Tapping x to sprint would be horrible which is why I never like GTA that much)
It's just that the graphics are so amazing, sometimes I just really wanna just walk around everywhere.

then,

-Fix a glitch where arrows go through trees
-improve the jump/climbing because it is too jagged
-Smooth out entering into a cinematic, especially when talking to NPCs. I just don't like seeing the black screen then directly the cinematic.

- animations for stuff like sharpening your sword and collecting treasure (opening boxes?), drinking a potion/beer etc ?
- I also feel like the game should have a stealth mode idk

Finally, I like gwent but it would be really cool to have a game involving a lot of people not just one on one, and let us see the characters like in Red Dead Redemption card games.

Incredible game, CD Projekt Red!
I'm sorry I'm so nitpicky but still best game on ps4 hands down, best game I've ever played!
This game deserves GOTY !

Cheers !

1.) Zoomable map (yes, I mean even more zoomable)
2.) Maps in dungeons
3.) Autosave option every X minutes (3,5,10)
4.) A place to call "base" and be able to storage things in it.
4.) Option to "Silent approach" enemies, not as close for a stealth kill but bit closer than it is now.

Amazing game. Loving it except for a few things that need to be top priority:

1 - Zoomable camera/FOV. On a 40" screen, the FOV/zoom behind Geralt is just WAY too low.

2 - Either remove or reduce weights on items. Why do some boots weigh two pounds and swords are only a 1lb? Either way, I can't even explore any caves or dungeons without being overburdened.

3 - A single button to toggle the GUI. As a game reviewer, I want to take some uncluttered screenshots.

4 - Quick save/Quick LOAD - Why does reloading on a super fast SSD take so long from a very recent quick save in the same area?

5 - Inventory sorting by weight/price/etc

6 - GUI scaling (Slider a la Divine Divinity Original Sin)

+1 to this. There's presumably an optimal order for doing everything in to minimise quests becoming too easy, but with the somewhat random order they appear in it's hard to know; on my first playthrough I was still discovering Level 10-15 quests when I was in the high 20s, and with no challenge or reward it felt a little hollow plodding through them.

I'm 45XP shy of level 6, and my quest log currently has five level 6 quests in it (three of which are quite lengthy) so no matter what order I do them in I'm likely to be overlevelled by the time I get round to them all meaning a) they'll be too easy, and b) I'll be done out of some XP. Either scale up the easy ones, or (as compensation) give us bonus XP or epic gear or something for doing one that's supposed to be beyond our skill level.

Font sizing

It's a little thing, but I'd love to see an option to have the font a bit larger on consoles. Maybe a setting that allows you to choose small, medium, and large? The small or large HUD option doesn't help within the crafting menu. I find particularly when I'm playing late into the night, my eyes start to get a bit tired and I struggle to read some text.

I agree for upscaling.
I have explored about 1/3 of Velen and Im already level 10 but have tons of quests that are 6~8. As further you go this will get worse I imagine.

I agree for upscaling.
I have explored about 1/3 of Velen and Im already level 10 but have tons of quests that are 6~8. As further you go this will get worse I imagine.

It takes a little longer to become all that noticeable, but there will be times when it is fairly blatant.

I don't know if anyone ever mentioned it, but the way oils work doesn't feel right.

Issue:

1-
Oil can be reapplied at any time.
No matter if you're in the middle of combat, just open up the inventory menu and use it again and you're instantly good to go.

2- Oil has to be reapplied constantly through an annoying process.

Suggested fix:

I believe there's a pretty simple fix to it that would not only fix oil but also make it way more fun to use:

1- You can't apply or reapply an oil once you're in combat.
That would make the fact that better quality oils have more charges actually be an advantage over lower quality ones.

2- The last oil you applied is automatically reapplied once you leave combat.
No more constantly having to reapply the same oil over and over again in such a dull way that honestly adds nothing good to the gameplay.

---------- Updated at 02:20 PM ----------

15 - Hotkeys - Id like to be able to bind multiple consumables to multiple hotkeys. I don't like being restricted to R and F.

You know what would be the best thing ever?

If the Tab radial menu was actually a mouse-driven menu with a bunch of icons of all the consumables/bombs/etc you have + your signs and you could just go and click to select what you want to consume/equip/activate.

I think level scaling would be good.
That means all enemies scale with player's level.
That way you get constant challenge, and it DOESN"T make leveling pointless, because you unlock new skills and perks, so your character gets more ways to deal with enemies. But those enemies will always pose a threat

I agree 100%, I am even new to The Witcher series and it has become way too easy as I have over scaled many of my quests...even after turning up the difficulty. I LOVE the combat, but now I have no fear when jumping off Roach to carve up whatever mob dares challenge me. "Bosses" can still be trouble if they are not lower/even leveled, but everything else in the game has become too easy. love this game and love exploring, but now I am punished for it by being too over leveled? I was worried about this before the game came out, but everyone kept saying this is the best way...but now I see the balance is all out of wack. Maybe the difficulty setting could also level quests/enemies up based on your choice? I need to find that sweet spot so most fights are challenging. I even use worse weapons and armor on purpose!

Top Bottom