Any chance of a New Game +?

+

• Total voters

New game +, meaning restarting the game to do the story missions with a beaten game's levels and equipment. I know it's not in the game now, but hoping to show enough interest so that it could possibly be put in.

And just in case, I will preemptively defuse this stupid argument should it come up here:

"But why can't you just cheat back in your items and levels in a new game?"

Because that's cheating. I don't want to cheat. I already earned the levels and items and I just want to replay the quests making different choices without having to craft everything again.

Thanks for reading.

I am not sure they have considered how they would rescale all of the game to meet such an adjustment. It would likely be a lot more work than we expect. That said I would love to see this!

There's no need to scale levels, just let people play their overleveled characters to blast through the fun and interesting story quests. And people that don't want this can just choose not to use it. Win/win for literally everyone.

You could make a note of your level, cash and gear, then use the console on a new game. But yeah, a New Game+ would be nice.

if they do a new game + mode... it needs some lovin' -> new items to account for higher levels, upgraded monster types, WAY higher difficulty and REALLY tough ai, etc

The first playtrhough i like to explore everything and test everything while i build in my mind what is the best course of actions to achieve the best results. Then on the second run i just do the best course of things to be more baddass quickier, i dunno new game + seems cool and all but nothing you can't achieve doing less on a second run because you know your way around, especially with a game with so many options, for example, next time i won't do the griffin quest, because i think the feline and ursine armour are better, and many other stuff to do first instead of wasting days exploring and getting tons of unique stuff that turns out useless if i have that "thing" first you know or buying stuff that gets useless quickly and so on
Oh but i would agree if the new game + where just the gwent cards, would love to have all the cards to tear down everyone from the start XD

Last edited:
The first playtrhough i like to explore everything and test everything while i build in my mind what is the best course of actions to achieve the best results. Then on the second run i just do the best course of things to be more baddass quickier, i dunno new game + seems cool and all but nothing you can't achieve doing less on a second run because you know your way around, especially with a game with so many options, for example, next time i won't do the griffin quest, because i think the feline and ursine armour are better, and many other stuff to do first instead of wasting days exploring and getting tons of unique stuff that turns out useless if i have that "thing" first you know or buying stuff that gets useless quickly and so on
Oh but i would agree if the new game + where just the gwent cards, would love to have all the cards to tear down everyone from the start XD

If New Game + was a thing, you wouldn't need to worry about doing the Griffin quest because you would already have Mastercrafted Ursine armor. Without New Game +, I'm not really incentivized to ever play again. The post-game that currently exists isn't good enough for me. Also yes, Gwent cards in my vision would be kept in a New Game +.

---------- Updated at 08:23 PM ----------

Bump

You want to replay the game, only with all the elements of character progression stripped out? That doesn't make much sense to me.

You want to replay the game, only with all the elements of character progression stripped out? That doesn't make much sense to me.
Have you beaten the game yet? There's no way I'm going to replay 120 hours just to craft everything I already had except with different quest decisions.

If you only care about seeing alternative endings to quests, just watch them on youtube. it doesn't sound like you really want to play the game again.

Wrong. I would love to play the game again, just with my old already earned equipment and the only quests I care about are the story line ones with the likable characters. It's not like New Game + is some unique obscure feature that never is in games. It's in plenty of games (especially RPGs) and never ever is a negative in any game it's in. There's not even a good reason to not have it because people that just want to start a new game with a blank slate can still do it.

no, it's in games. it just never really makes sense to me. i like building my character in rpgs. it's one of the draws of the genre. if i want to play again, i'll just start over.

You make it sound like it would take more work than just importing items and levels and deleting anything tagged as quest related from your inventory.

Of course it would take more than just importing inventory and levels. While YOU might be satisfied with such a horrific NG+, most people that play NG+ would expect it to actually be more challenging than regular game so the forums would be FLOODED with people screaming bloody murder about the horrible NG+ mode. I'd rather it not be there at all than be basically a God-Mode cheat. If you want one, you can have one through console commands or mods I imagine.

Top Bottom