Book queries [Spoilers]

+
Book queries [Spoilers]

I'm almost done tower o f the swallow, so I have not read LoL yet, but i know from the games that geralt dies and ciri disappears.. was that meant to be the end? I know that there is a 2013 book, but it is a prequel.

Did the author ever say that lady of the lake was the last book of the story?

Sapkowski never explicitly said that it was the last book, but it does seem like it. I think its up for interpretation - my friends and me had lengthy discussions about this actually, most of them in not a sober state though hah

well its not really spoilers, considering the first game picks up after the ending of the last book, also the ending is up to interpretation, you can argue that they are dead or living happily ever after... it was the last book of the main saga and there has not really been any mention of any possible sequel, i think the author said that we are not supposed to know what happened at the end, therefore a new sequel probably seems unlikely unless the author feels like it

it isn't a spoiler.. it is literally the first scene of the first game. it is like saying "hey. you're an inquisitor in da:i"
or "hey. you're a commander in mass effect"

geralt dies, yen saves him, and he gets anmesia.. LITERALLY the first thing you find out in the games.... lol..

Last edited:
I think that the thread is getting interpreted as spoiler-related because it's in the TW3 section and people are just seeing the title and thinking it's talking about TW3. I've modified the title to clarify it.

(As pointed out, this is info that's revealed in around the first conversation of the first game, so it isn't a game spoiler)

Whatever happens in the game is "canon " from now on for me , this isnt whoever wrote the book's project these games are CDPR's so whatever they go with is my canon.

Whatever happens in the game is "canon " from now on for me , this isnt whoever wrote the book's project these games are CDPR's so whatever they go with is my canon.

Uhh. No. The games are based on the books, which have been around a long time and are very famous (although not so much in English-speaking countries, as they weren't all translated). The games are a non-canon sequel to the books.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witcher

Uhh. No. The games are based on the books, which are very famous and have been around a long time (although not so much in English-speaking countries, as they weren't all translated). The games are a non-canon sequel to the books.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witcher

I am aware of the game's origin, im just saying that i consider whatever direction CDPR take the games my personal canon, the book's done as far as we know. Basically i dont look at this as just some fanfic.

Top Bottom