[V1.03] Fast travel broken

+
I think i found the culprit:

Contract: The Mystery of the Byways Murders

After clearing this quest i can now fast travel to other regions again. I suspect the quest was somehow in a bugged state, because i stumbled upon it by chance instead of accepting it from a notice board or the quest giver.

I love you guys soo much!!!! I finished the quest and am now able to fast travel between the zones with no CTD, Razor you should make another Thread and post it as a fix, so that others with this issue wont have to search the forums, maybe get a mod to sticky it, or maybe OP can change the title of this to read [SOLVED]. Those of you who are in Skellige check your auto saves for one thats in Novigrad, otherwise you'll have to wait til they fix the bugged quest.

Last edited:
Confirmed that completing Contract: Mystery of the Byways Murders also fixed this issue for me. What a hero, I shall name my firstborn after you!

Fixed here aswell, wrapped up some leftover quests including the Byways one, all works wonder now and I finally could get through the Skellige cutscene without a instant crash on load.

After clearing this quest i can now fast travel to other regions again. I suspect the quest was somehow in a bugged state, because i stumbled upon it by chance instead of accepting it from a notice board or the quest giver.

Yes! You are awesome, it works for me now after i complete the quest *-*. Thx mate

I have the same issue (in Skellige, can't travel back to Velen) so I can't finish the murders of Byways...

Confirmed my fast travel is repair after finishing this quest . Thx.

If im stuck in Skellige and can't complete this quest since it is located in Novigrad/Velen does any one if there is there any way to go into the game files and mark the quest as completed?

If im stuck in Skellige and can't complete this quest since it is located in Novigrad/Velen does any one if there is there any way to go into the game files and mark the quest as completed?

Same here, would appreciate such help.

Confirmed the Byways Murders was one of the quests I cleared before travel to Skellige started working. I also stumbled into it randomly.

The quest is on my list, but I´m stuck in White Orchard! Can´t fast travel back to Velen, since I have the same crash problem......

What do I do?!!?

The quest is on my list, but I´m stuck in White Orchard! Can´t fast travel back to Velen, since I have the same crash problem......

What do I do?!!?

Try to find an Auto Save, where you were back in Velen, I know it means losing a few hours of gameplay possibly but its better than having to wait for them to fix the quest.

Try to find an Auto Save, where you were back in Velen, I know it means losing a few hours of gameplay possibly but its better than having to wait for them to fix the quest.

Ok, turns out that I had a save just before leaving Velen! I went and finished the Mystery of the Byways Murders quest, and voilà! The CDT problem was gone!

Judging by all the replies here, I think we can pretty much affirm that the problem is this broken quest.

Thanks everybody!

I don't have a savegame in Velen, I need help to conclude the quest even if I'm stuck in Skellige...

Is it possible to edit the savegame?

Is there a cheat to advance the selected quest?

Something?

Plz help me I have 40+ hours on this playthrough, I don't want to lose it.

I don't have a savegame in Velen, I need help to conclude the quest even if I'm stuck in Skellige...

Is it possible to edit the savegame?

Is there a cheat to advance the selected quest?

Something?

Plz help me I have 40+ hours on this playthrough, I don't want to lose it.

Then you must wait until CD Projekt will release patch 1.05

Well if they solve this in 1.05 is not that big deal as I can do some quest in Skellige in the meantime :D

Just adding so they can maybe get the fix implemented... My crashing with quick travel also is fixed after I completed the Byways quest also. I hope everyone else can get a fix soon too, if the quest completion doesn't work for you.

Good Luck all!

Top Bottom