Royal Gambit Quest/Kings Gambit is Broken in Skellige - Infinite loading screen

+
Royal Gambit Quest/Kings Gambit is Broken in Skellige - Infinite loading screen

When you kill bears in main hall (after doing others quests and coming back for reward / asking him to join your forces in battle vs wild hunt) you have to choose to go either with Cerys or Hjalmar/ I tried going both ways:

• With Cerys after catching guy that escapes from you on a horse the games tries to load next cutscene/area where you are about to show evidence to king but infinite loading screen happens,
  • With Hjalmar after you kill some people you get infinite loading screen out of nowhere.
TL;DR. Broken quest, both ways give you infinite loading screen, avoid it or just tell them to fuck off and don't do it. Issue was found by other people also, Will most likely get fixed in next patch.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/36zthk/spoilers_royal_gambit_questkings_gambit_is_broken/

When you kill bears in main hall (after doing others quests and coming back for reward / asking him to join your forces in battle vs wild hunt) you have to choose to go either with Cerys or Hjalmar/ I tried going both ways:

• With Cerys after catching guy that escapes from you on a horse the games tries to load next cutscene/area where you are about to show evidence to king but infinite loading screen happens,
  • With Hjalmar after you kill some people you get infinite loading screen out of nowhere.
TL;DR. Broken quest, both ways give you infinite loading screen, avoid it or just tell them to fuck off and don't do it. Issue was found by other people also, Will most likely get fixed in next

I had the same issue on my ps4, ended up reroll to previous save and do the part over again worked fine and got the quest updated.

It is a quest that needs to be completed for the main Witcher quest "Brothers in Arms"... if it doesn't get fixed you cannot continue the main story. It is not something you can dismiss. Have tried previous saves, from several hours earlier and the result ended the same way... re-installed and patched the game same outcome. My suggestion either forget the game till it is fixed or start a new game with different build and a different rp Geralt . Im playing PoE while I wait.

Welcome to the club, good I have lot of witcher contracts to do but I think this needs to be addressed with high priority by CDPR.

Odd, I finished the King's Gambit and Coronation quest afterwards yesterday without any problems.

I do have all but the Yeneffer outfit active and game is patched to 1.04.

You know whats also funny?

Instead they fix these problems like we all have with this goddam quest. They fixed a cheat with the crowns, where you buy shells and dismantle them to pearls. i mean c'mon there something much worse to fix maybe the goddamn quest????

Top Bottom