After Patch 1.03 Framerate isn't any better, draw distance is actually worse and now this...

+
After Patch 1.03 Framerate isn't any better, draw distance is actually worse and now this...

Whenever I stroll around Novigrad I get blurry textures on people, I didn't have this issue prior to this fu*king patch, thanks very much. This is footage literally from 5-10 minutes ago.

[video=youtube;LKW0worcg-c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKW0worcg-c[/video]

Pray tell me CDPR, how am I supposed to enjoy the game when it's clustered those technical failures which break my immersion every minute? 15 fps whenever particle effects appear on the screen, 10 fps in the Bog, draw distance is just horrible and now the game needs to think a little more before it actually decides to load up textures. Game is up for sale, just waiting for someone to buy it, let me know CDPR when you fix this, last time I trusted you with "optimization".

Last edited:
This game is a disaster on PS4. They should have been canceled this game on PS4 and focus in their loved Microsoft (XONE and Windows).

Last edited:
Just look at the guy without shirt (watch fullscreen in 720p to see the tattoos)... :facepalm:

#immersion

More and more people on the various forums are starting to take notice, I'm glad, maybe there'll be a backlash after all. It's a shame REDs are ignoring every single framerate thread.

Having the same problem also after the 1.03 patch and before i was on 1.01 with no problems at all, we never got the 1.02 patch here but on1.01 there was not one problem for me in regards to framerate. Now i got this problem along with 2 ships that merged / morphed into each other in the novigrad dock, the imperiak ship and a normal one merged into one ship lol and looks stupid. And then we got the floating corpses after we sliced them up, floating cows is also a new thing in my game and not even to mention the problem we all seem to have with NPC's that have disappeared, noticable specially in Novigrad which was once a crowdy beautifull coty and now feels pretty deserted and dead at most places. I sure hope they are fixing these things in 1.04 because right now with all the problems i feel like it's not worth my time to get into it again as it really bugs me

In all my years of gaming i have never seen an unoptimized game become optimized after a patch...so i would just accept it and move on. I for one wont be buying another CDprojekt game again. I have the PC and Ps4 versions and they both run like crap.

I think the new patch has decreased the draw distance, anti-aliasing, and the number of NPCs in order to better the performance, and the vibrant colors have been toned down to address the complaints about the game being too colorful and not like the old trailers.
It is my pure speculation though, and I might be wrong.

I think the game looked better before the patch, and the new patch makes the game not look as good without improving the performance in return. It actually has had a negative impact on performance, at least in my case.

Having the same problem also after the 1.03 patch and before i was on 1.01 with no problems at all, we never got the 1.02 patch here but on1.01 there was not one problem for me in regards to framerate. Now i got this problem along with 2 ships that merged / morphed into each other in the novigrad dock, the imperiak ship and a normal one merged into one ship lol and looks stupid. And then we got the floating corpses after we sliced them up, floating cows is also a new thing in my game and not even to mention the problem we all seem to have with NPC's that have disappeared, noticable specially in Novigrad which was once a crowdy beautifull coty and now feels pretty deserted and dead at most places. I sure hope they are fixing these things in 1.04 because right now with all the problems i feel like it's not worth my time to get into it again as it really bugs me

Haaaa.. Haaaa.. Don't you know, floating cows are the new thing man... Moooo.... just kidding!!
HaHa..Your post made me laugh so loud :)Thank You!

Yeah they need to fix all this shit + the audio is still missing when Gealt jumps up in down in one place WTF? lol...

In all my years of gaming i have never seen an unoptimized game become optimized after a patch...so i would just accept it and move on. I for one wont be buying another CDprojekt game again. I have the PC and Ps4 versions and they both run like crap.

GTA V was unstable in terms of framerate on PS4 but after couple patches became practically solid 30. But yeah, I don't expect CDPR to do anything since they don't even want to acknowledge the problem, too busy making bushes on PC look better, I'll be very careful around cyberpunk now, won't believe their empty promises of "voodoo shamans and great optimization".

After years of supporting them I'm really disappointed and pissed right now, years of waiting to get ... this... great game but can't enjoy it at all because of the immersion breaking sh*t that's happening every 2 seconds on my screen, not to mention the horrible framerate.

Last edited:
I think the new patch has decreased the draw distance, anti-aliasing, and the number of NPCs in order to better the performance, and the vibrant colors have been toned down to address the complaints about the game being too colorful and not like the old trailers.

I think the game looked better before the patch, and the new patch makes the game not look as good without improving the performance in return. It actually has had a negative impact on performance, at least in my case.

Yeah.. this is kinda starting to suck, the draw distance was way better with v1.01 I'm starting to feel like we a the beta testers for this game LOL...

---------- Updated at 10:04 AM ----------

GTA V was unstable in terms of framerate on PS4 but after couple patches became practically solid 30. But yeah, I don't expect CDPR to do anything since they don't even want to acknowledge the problem, too busy making bushes on PC look better, I'll be very careful around cyberpunk now, won't believe their empty promises of "voodoo shamans and great optimization".

After years of supporting them I'm really disappointed and pissed right now, years of waiting to get ... this... great game but can't enjoy it at all because of the immersion breaking sh*t that's happening every 2 seconds on my screen, not to mention the horrible framerate.

Oh so sad, I hear yay.. it's a bummer, but hey fuck it, maybe it will be better in a year. Life goes on... they got some good money though, oh well...
I do hope things get better within this next year before the extension passes come out , I'm doing my best to remain optimistic :)

but hey fuck it, maybe it will be better in a year.

And that's probably when I'll pick up the game again, I just need to hold out without any new games untill MGS V releases, open world, great graphics, 60fps, just need to get through the summer.

My biggest issue is the draw distance that seems to be much different. Now the camera just seems to zoom in frequently and in certain ares I feel like I'm going to get a headache. Before the patch the camera moved more naturally and only fast if I moved it with R3, now it goes up and down on it's own when riding Roach so I went from using him a lot to not at all now. Just gotta keep hoping for better patches.

Here are some problems I have been having with the newest patch. The Foliage seems to pop in now along with some textures and shadows of NPCs don't fully come in until you get right next now to them and some other problems you can't see because of the video compression but there is some kind of artifacting happening in the sky. You should be able to notice the biggest problem I have after the update during the cut scene just look at the back ground inside the building and one of the transitions. The draw distance seems to be the trouble here in this case but maybe its something else you guys know of.

The times for the weirdest glitches are in the description of the video so you can skip to the parts.

Wow the foliage seems bad in your video, but I definetly dont experience this in my game. Is it happening everywhere or just that location? Maybe its specific in that part?

Yeah u are fully right i noticed the same like u, drawing distance is crap look the gras and the other stuff, shadows, thing like stones what ells, NPC´s coming much later. and in patch 1.01 it looked realy great i was stuned, know im disapointet. Did THEY realy test the PATCH? all the downgrade for stability??? realy ????
I dont feel a fps improvement it feels worse the before.

and the omportant Thing is, it destroys our illusion and atmosphere in this game...

I have to agree that the game looked and ran better IMO before patch 1.03.
I was not bothered much by the framerate with version 1.01, but now I am noticing stuttering and really bad texture pop-ins constantly since patch 1.03.
CDPR, please continue to work on this..I love the game, but sadly it does need more optimization

I have also noticed black artifacts popping in on the right side of the screen, covering the minimap sometimes, and then in the inventory screen, behind where Geralt stands there is some dark black artifact that shouldn't be there. Never happened with version 1.01

Last edited:
Here the same thing 1.01 played a lot better then now whit patch 1.03. You think that a new patch will make the game better

I played this part before I updated the other night and didn't save. I came back to the update and started seeing this and its happening all over not just this location.

I agree with the op this is a huge issue they must fix !

It's not a great start for the first playstation game

and 1 thing that also bothers me when the reviews came out how in the world could they give this game 10 out of 10 when the framerate was all over the place like this ?.

Top Bottom