Any chance of a New Game +?

+

Any chance of a New Game +?

• Total voters
No, pointless idea. Just start a new game.

You want to replay the game, only with all the elements of character progression stripped out? That doesn't make much sense to me.
There's this thing called fun. The OP would find it enjoyable to play the game with the items and abilities they have accrued from a previous play through. That alone debunks the notion that a new game+ feature would be pointless. And for the "just use the console" comments, not everyone has access to such functionality, being that not everyone plays TW3 on PC.

Last edited:
Of course it would take more than just importing inventory and levels. While YOU might be satisfied with such a horrific NG+, most people that play NG+ would expect it to actually be more challenging than regular game so the forums would be FLOODED with people screaming bloody murder about the horrible NG+ mode. I'd rather it not be there at all than be basically a God-Mode cheat. If you want one, you can have one through console commands or mods I imagine.
Yeah, I remember all the people being enraged at Chrono Trigger's New Game Plus mode which is basically just importing your items and levels. Oh wait, no one complained about it at all because that is exactly what New Game Plus is expected to do.

I'd be interested. That being said I'd also like it if there was more in other areas of the game, speaking resource management-wise (i.e. expansion packs and so forth). I'd prefer it if in the circumstance this is a huge enterprise (which it very much would be regardless of how conceptually simple it may seem) that they spent their time on other things. But I'd definitely be interested in a New Game Plus; at the moment I'm dreading the end of the game in the sense I know it's going to be fantastic but I also know the game is going to end. Even if you can play post-game I still feel like I'd be sad that main characters are gone or not interested in talking to me -- a New Game Plus would be welcome.

Yeah, and it's entirely optional to use. I mean, if they never implement something like that, I'd have to leave the game for about a year or two or three before going back for another replay -- I'd need to forget about all stuff I accumulated/levelling I did in order to go through crafting and whatnot again.

An example I really liked from the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (a terrible action game on ps2) where you'd start the game on Extreme Mode, stripped of /everything/ except for your levelling and the game was exceptionally hard (and boring because it was a terrible action game pretending to be an rpg). Gold was easier to come by and loot was more valuable but still reasonably rare. I know you said you didn't want to recraft everything, but there's also this whole 'over-levelling' issue people have brought up -- I found that, even though I lost all my cool gear in BG: DA, I felt reasonably satisfied with my skilltree to continue the game. Thoughts?

Yeah I wish there was a NG+, since I don't like the non-continuity of the post-game. I did create my own NG+ on my second play through using the debug console though, boosting levels a bit and giving myself some armor/cash.

I would love NG+

I want to be able to start the beginning of the game with good looking armor! I don't care about being powerful or having gold, I just want to look good from start to finish!

Don't get the hate from some users. If you don't want to use it then don't use it, but don't tell other people whats "pointless" and "stupid".

You're not alone on this planet, FYI

New Game + is something from JRPGs, but it's something awesome which hardly any western rpg has. I'd recommend cdp red tp implement it, if not for having some advantage over the western competition. And to get the Eastern People more interessted in your game.

There's this thing called fun. The OP would find it enjoyable to play the game with the items and abilities they have accrued from a previous play through. That alone debunks the notion that a new game+ feature would be pointless. And for the "just use the console" comments, not everyone has access to such functionality, being that not everyone plays TW3 on PC.

omg this. I'm a huge advocate of NG+ in games. I have seriously never encountered a game with NG+ that I didn't enjoy, or play over and over. If this game had this feature, I would not play anything else, lol. Believe me, if I could have access to cheats on Xbox One, I would use them to make (basically) a NG+ playthrough...unfortunately though, I cannot.

So if anyone, somewhere, is up to making a NG+ wish list, or poll, or Petition or anything. I would certainly sign it

You want to replay the game, only with all the elements of character progression stripped out? That doesn't make much sense to me.

I play these games more for the cinematic experience than for the gameplay, so it /really/ sucks that I see my Geralt wearing his mastercrafted Witcher armour in all of two cutscenes before the game's main storyline ends. So yes, if I could go back and play through the start with him in that gear, I would. And it's not like we can't keep leveling up. The game's level cap is supposedly 70, yet most people are ending up with 30 - 40 by the time they finish all the quests/points of interests. NG+ would help everyone hit max levelover time, completionists more easily than others.

Top Bottom