Is it just me, or is Yen... [Spoilers}

+
As someone who read the books I think CDPR nailed Yennefer.Also,Triss isn't always sweet and good hearted.She betrayed Yen multiple times in the books.

Don't care haven't read the books
And no one is perfect she did take advantage of Geralt in the games there is no denying that

For like 5 minutes? Yes, it's anyway very very good deed, but it's not months like Yen...

Exactly! And a couple of fingernails is nothing compared to what Vilgefortz and the other scum did to Yennefer.

---------- Updated at 07:38 PM ----------

In the books Ciri did some awful things.Necromancy is nothing compared to some of her actions.

Exactly! Yen is a saint compared to some things Ciri did in the books.

For like 5 minutes? Yes, it's anyway very very good deed, but it's not months like Yen...

Yeah it's not the intention and thought that counts in these situations, it's the time she was abused and the severity, of course..

Anyway, we are just speculating here, like either of us can say for sure what would happen in a situation where Triss - FROM THE GAMES - is required to sacrifice herself to save Geralt and/or Ciri be I choose to believe that she would.

Oh, common, what did Ciri do? Just a gang stuff really, killed some folks during robbery and etc. Obviously not the good stuff, but well, nothing extremely evil.

Ohh and by the way, I'm on Yen side about the garden thing.

If I look for someone important to me everything and everyone are fair game - I totally get it

Oh, common, what did Ciri do? Just a gang stuff really, killed some folks during robbery and etc. Obviously not the good stuff, but well, nothing extremely evil.

Well, killing a bunch of people compared to disturbing a corpse. I mean unless, you have some religious belief, there's really nothing wrong about what Yen did. And she did it for important information.

Yeah it's not the intention and thought that counts in these situations, it's the time she was abused and the severity, of course..

Anyway, we are just speculating here, like either of us can say for sure what would happen in a situation where Triss - FROM THE GAMES - is required to sacrifice herself to save Geralt and/or Ciri be I choose to believe that she would.
I'm sure she would. But this is the problem with games with such a big pre-history. If you knew the pre-history you're looking on things very differently if you don't. So when people with knowledge and without trying to discuss it's look very strange. Nothing bad about not knowing or don't caring about per-history but it's really may change your opinion. Triss MUCH MUCH more better than Yen without per-history, no doubt about that.

Have you read the books? If not, I can tell you that Ciri did a lot of killing, in self defense and not. So, I don't think she would have thought anything less of Yennefer for taking extreme measures.
No, I haven't read them, but as you know this isn't the books, so I digress on that front...

As for the other, I'll provide a likely scenario:

a) Necromancy on random stranger.
Ciri's reaction: Perhaps indifferent.

b) Necromancy on someone she knew & even cared for.
Ciri's reaction: Less understanding, perhaps upset.

I forget the dude's name, but he'd helped her escaped & saved his village from the wild hunt. I doubt Ciri would've been okay with what Yen did to him.

I would also like to beleive that Triss from the games, would have gone further than book-Triss regarding this. She is more brave in the games. But, I was mostly stating Yennefer's good deeds from the books, and that Triss didn't do anything like that. Triss even considered running away from the chaos in Rivia, whereas Yen didn't hesitate to help Geralt. But, she overcame her PTS from the Battle of Sodden, and helped Yen help Geralt.

---------- Updated at 07:54 PM ----------

I forget the dude's name, but he'd helped her escaped & saved his village from the wild hunt. I doubt Ciri would've been okay with what Yen did to him.

I believe she would have been understanding.

I would also like to beleive that Triss from the games, would have gone further than book-Triss regarding this. She is more brave in the games. But, I was mostly stating Yennefer's good deeds from the books, and that Triss didn't do anything like that. Triss even considered running away from the chaos in Rivia, whereas Yen didn't hesitate to help Geralt. But, she overcame her PTS from the Battle of Sodden, and helped Yen help Geralt.

Speaking of the lore, how come his mother is a sorceress? aren't they infertile?

You've just reminded me what a useless character Triss was in the books.I like her better in the games

You've just reminded me what a useless character Triss was in the books.I like her better in the games

Yup, she is quite insignificant in the books. Besides, helping Ciri with her dreams in Blood of Elves, she is just a bystander really.

---------- Updated at 08:01 PM ----------

Not all sorceresses are infertile,there are exceptions.But Geralt's mother was actually a druid,not a sorceress

I do believe she is both.

Yen got caught, Triss did it willingly.

You should re-read that chapter, then. Because, it is strongly hinted that Yennefer knew exactly what would happen to her when she went out to sea, and got captured. She even told the Lodge that there was a possibility that she would die.

And the purpose of getting caught was? You'll have to refresh my memory, I read the books years ago.

In any case, she gambled and got caught. Triss gambled and only lost a few fingernails which she can regrow in a week. But she could have been tortured and burnt at the stake. The notion that one of those acts of sacrifice is somehow bigger, because it ends with more bruises doesn't sit with me when both women risked their lives to help someone they cared about deeply.

Last edited:
And the purpose of getting caught was? You'll have to refresh my memory, I read the books years ago.

Yennefer was investigating teleportation traces from the portal which Ciri disappeared in on Thanedd. And one trace was in the middle of the sea outside Skellige. And she suspected that it was Vilgefortz's doing. So she knew she would most likely get caught, but considered it was worth risking in order to find Ciri

Top Bottom