After Patch 1.03 Framerate isn't any better, draw distance is actually worse and now this...

+
Wow, your Novigrad is full of people, mine is deserted. Is there anything you did to achieve that? Or was it like that since you went there?

I don't think so, I just installed that god awful patch, I'd gladly take less people that are rendering their textures correctly than this sh*t. But it doesn't matter anymore as the game is up for sale, just wanted to send that last video before I delete the remaining footage.

Guys, can you all please stop it. You are ruining it for everyone else by constantly moaning. Yes the frame rate is terrible but put some surround sound head phones in and you won't notice it as much as the sound will immerse you just that little bit more - it's a balancing act.

Please hurry up and fix it though CD Projekt or people might start taking it back under the trade description act which states - if a product is not fit for purpose then it can be deemed faulty and returned.

After spending the last 24 hours scouring the net and every Witcher PS4 related forum I haven't found a single person who claims this patch was a performance improvement. Just wondering when they are going to admit this was a fail of a patch and give us an idea when we can expect another patch with real performance improvements. I mean seriously they must have known this patch wouldn't have made a dent in the FPS/stutter issues during testing, unless they are all using modified PS4s with SSD drives or some such.

They are trying their best mate, please be patient. It was is probably chaos in their offices right now with them frantically trying to patch it. Remember how many patches they released for witcher 1 and 2, shows what a great company they are not just to abandon it.

Guys, can you all please stop it. You are ruining it for everyone else by constantly moaning. Yes the frame rate is terrible but put some surround sound head phones in and you won't notice it as much as the sound will immerse you just that little bit more - it's a balancing act.

Please hurry up and fix it though CD Projekt or people might start taking it back under the trade description act which states - if a product is not fit for purpose then it can be deemed faulty and returned.

What part of "PS4 Technical Suport Forum" do you not understand? How exactly are we "ruining" it for everyone else again? I'm pretty sure the several thousand views these threads have received do not equal 1.5 million presales. We just want an update.

You're right fo course that cd project red do not abandon their games but I don't want to wait another year for the "remastered" version.

Don't think saying the same thing over and over is helping. They aren't stupid and probably know about the issue anyway. Do you think acting pissed will speed up the process?

Don't think saying the same thing over and over is helping. They aren't stupid and probably know about the issue anyway. Do you think acting pissed will speed up the process?

True - and a lot of the frustration has been caused by trolls who just come here to claim there are no issues at all. All I know is the patch dropped 24 hours ago which appears to have broken more things than fixed (bug-wise and performance-wise) and we're still waiting on some developer communication about the situation. A simple "patch was borked, working on another should be out next week" would suffice..but....CRICKETS.

True - and a lot of the frustration has been caused by trolls who just come here to claim there are no issues at all. All I know is the patch dropped 24 hours ago which appears to have broken more things than fixed (bug-wise and performance-wise) and we're still waiting on some developer communication about the situation. A simple "patch was borked, working on another should be out next week" would suffice..but....CRICKETS.

The sad part is if version 1.04 if its like the pc version it will make the game look even worse the shadows too
and like 99% sure the next patch wont fix the performance issuse on ps4 + we have to wait freaking forever for sony to get their butts into gear.

To the owner of the thread: man... just relax.

Everyone here understand your complains because are ours too. But... chill out. :)
Guys of CDprojekt are working on it. We can't do anything but tell them the issues we're figuring out.

I'm sorry, but this comment makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. 1) How the hell does some people whining about a certain aspect of the game ruin yours and everyone else's experience? Like...just ignore this part of the forum and carry on playing the game if it bothers you so much. Seriously, what a baffling thing to say. 2) People whining about things which later may get fixed benefits EVERYONE, regardless of if you notice stutters or framerate drops or not. Think about that. People aren't whining on forums because they get a kick out of it or to be annoying a-holes, they're whining because they want a better experience. You're effective saying - "Guys, please stop wanting this game to improved! You wanting a better game is ruining the experience for everyone else". Which doesn't really make sense now, does it?

Not to mention the fact that this is the tech part of the forum, where the hell else do you want people to complain about tech issues? :S

And that part about the headphones is complete BS. You play games with your eyes and ears. If you're sensitive to stutters and FPS drops, and the game is stuttering and dropping frames, then you're gonna see it, no matter how much ambient music is played in your ears. Come on...

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but this comment makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. 1) How the hell does some people whining about a certain aspect of the game ruin yours and everyone else's experience? Like...just ignore this part of the forum and carry on playing the game if it bothers you so much. Seriously, what a baffling thing to say. 2) People whining about things which later may get fixed benefits EVERYONE, regardless of if you notice stutters or framerate drops or not. Think about that. People aren't whining on forums because they get a kick out of it or to be annoying a-holes, they're whining because they want a better experience. You'r effective saying - "Guys, please stop wanting this game to improved".

Not to mention the fact that this is the tech part of the forum, where the hell else do you want people to complain about tech issues? :S

And that part about the headphones is complete BS. You play games with your eyes and ears. If you're sensitive to stutters and FPS drops, and the game is stuttering and dropping frames, then you're gonna see it, no matter how much ambient music is played in your ears. Come on...

Because all I can think about every time it stutters is your type complaining hysterically. I'm not saying please stop wanting this game to be improved but what I am saying is there is no point in repeating which has already been said. Witcher 3 staff have personal PS4's too you know and are playing it reporting on issues too I am sure.

You don't notice it as much for the surround sound occupying your mind so much also. do you not know the more senses your mind activates the less powerful each individual one becomes. Don't mean to sound rude but I think you need a psychology lesson.

Because all I can think about every time it stutters is your type complaining hysterically. I'm not saying please stop wanting this game to be improved but what I am saying is there is no point in repeating which has already been said. Witcher 3 staff have personal PS4's too you know and are playing it reporting on issues too I am sure.

You don't notice it as much for the surround sound occupying your mind so much also. do you not know the more senses your mind activates the less powerful each individual one becomes. Don't mean to sound rude but I think you need a psychology lesson.

Actually you are very wrong the more people complain and spread the word the faster it will be done and fixed because it gets this much atention.

I made a thread about this in the main witcher 3 forum about this exact problem and people said I was lying. Absolutely horrible pop in.

First of all, I think it's pretty weird that you're thinking about strangers on a forum every time you notice the stutter, than that's all on you, bro. I mean, shouldn't you be thinking "man, I hope the devs fixes this stuttering soon"?

And yes, there is a point to people complaining over and over again. It shows the devs that we won't just settle for sub-par performance. It shows that we want them to make an already great game even better. And it gets attention on the issue faster, and thus greatly increases the speed of which the devs take notice and fix the issue. As I said, people aren't moaning just to be annoyances, they're moaning out of passion...as corny as that sounds. Not to mention that we aren't getting any official responses whatsoever from the devs themselves about the PS4's performance...so what are people supposed to do? Shut up and put up? No thanks. I'd rather make noise over and over in the hope that something is fixed than sit there and whine at the people trying to bring certain issues to light.

And I don't care about the pseudo-psychology nonsense you're spewing right now. I can only talk from personal experience. Playing the game at night, with the lights off and my headphones on results in me being just as distracted by the stuttering and FPS drops as I am any other time.

I don't want this to turn into some unnecessary back-and-forth forum argument, but people have a right to complain, especially when it comes to how a game performs. If it bothers you, for whatever reason, then simply don't come to this part of the forum. Problem averted! :D

Last edited:

Guest 3349340

In all my years of gaming i have never seen an unoptimized game become optimized after a patch...so i would just accept it and move on. I for one wont be buying another CDprojekt game again. I have the PC and Ps4 versions and they both run like crap.

Yeah my experience also.. to bad! I had such high hopes for this game, and the devs. Here`s hoping for a miracle :)

This just seems to be a worse version of what was already a problem, I would go up to places like the blacksmith in the fish market or the banker and the character model wouldn't appear there for a long time, I don't get why things are loading so slowly on screen at times.

Top Bottom