An Eye for an Eye Quest Bug (Spoilers)

+
Can't continue my main quest Brothers in Arms : Novigrad ..... Roche does not join before I help him with this one .... please patch the bug ... can't go any further right now !!!!

two patches releases about graphics and nothing to fix that damn quest... graphics is more important than story line? it seems so

I agree stability of a game is a top priority but they should have more than one team working on fixing bugs in different parts of the game so there is no reason these quest bugs should not have been included in the previous patches. Even if they don't have multiple teams fixing bugs there is still no reason a bug like this should be constantly left out in every patch they have done to date.

Yeah this quest is bugged out.

Got the quest, went and did some other quests before getting around to this, started Deadly Plot then came back to do this and Roche never showed up. He's in his cave, but there is no way to actually get him to show up at the tree.

Pretty massive bug, I would consider it gamebreaking since it essentially ruins a major story plotline and stops you from getting the best ending for the game.

Well I loaded again, crafted the Dimeritrium bomb (the signs bugged again, so I needed it to fix everything).

And so skipped Roche and went on into the quest. Even that "An Eye for an Eye" failed, Roche is again in the plot. So... Of course it's sad to skip Roche and Ves for the Brother's in Arms, but it doesn't really change anything.

Thanks for your post, but I am still confused. Without Roche, the main quest: Brothers in arms: Novigrad is always regarded as incomplete. So how can we skip Roche for it? In fact, I really want Roche to reject me so that I can continue my story. T_T

Hey guys, I am also experiencing this same bug, and I also just found out that completing it is necessary for what I believe to be the best possible ending.

I contacted support and they just told me to load to an earlier save or continue without finishing the quest...

This is even more frustrating than it was before. We deserve an answer for this, I've put too many hours into this game to not have it unfold the way that I want it to.

I'm glad I read this as I haven't reached this yet, and have been doing quests in odd orders. Maybe the DEVS could just slip an option to talk to him (where ever he is) or ask him to meet you, etc. reusing a generic Geralt phrase.

One thing about Skyrim on PC I always liked is the fact you can open the debugger and force a bugged quest (in most cases) to either "appear" or update, or skip a bugged section.

Whenever I play games THIS large, I manually save every 15 minutes roughly just in case. I suggest others do the same as it can be beneficial in some instances to redo an hour or 2 of missions vs. waiting a month to see it patched.

Just adding another voice to this.
Roche's back in his cave, I could talk to him to play Gwent but he never goes to the tree.

Would love a fix ASAP.

Even if the fix takes a week, I just want some acknowledgement from CDPR.

To have their customer support tell me to reload an earlier save (impossible at this point) or continue without completing a quest that is required for the best ending is a bit disheartening.

Mekc

Forum regular
Good news.

Preliminary 1.05 Patch Notes:

Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.
General stability and performance improvements
Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
Improved camera smoothness
Performance improvements during some cutscenes.
Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man's tree during Eye for an Eye quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs
Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable.
Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King's Gambit quest.
Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven's Treasure quest
The Pyres of Novigrad quest is going to be fixed as well as the XP glitch.

I accidently failed the mission An eye for an eye. I didn't realize I was letting Ves die when I had to help my wife. Anyway, failing a mission isn't that big of a deal, EXCEPT when it breaks the game. I am now on the mission Brothers in Arms, and trying to recruit roach who tells me no because vess is dead. Thing is it won't let me proceed after getting his answer, it simply doesn't act as if i've talked to him at all. Playing on PS4. Any ideas how to fix this?

Last edited:
I accidently failed the mission An eye for an eye. I didn't realise I was letting Ves die when I had to help my wife. Anyway, failing a mission isn't that big of a deal, EXCEPT when it breaks the game. I am now on the mission Brothers in Arms, and trying to recruit roach who tells me no because vess is dead. Thing is it won't let me proceed without him. Playing on PS4. Any ideas how to fix this?

Holy shit dude

I accidently failed the mission An eye for an eye. I didn't realize I was letting Ves die when I had to help my wife. Anyway, failing a mission isn't that big of a deal, EXCEPT when it breaks the game. I am now on the mission Brothers in Arms, and trying to recruit roach who tells me no because vess is dead. Thing is it won't let me proceed after getting his answer, it simply doesn't act as if i've talked to him at all. Playing on PS4. Any ideas how to fix this?

Same thing happend to me, what to do , have you gotten any help with it?

You are able to progress without him actually "coming along" if you

go to the isle of mists, my guess is the part of the quest will fail, you still did recruit the others.

As far as I can see, the two of them were no great help anyway... ;)

Well for me roach still isn't present at the tree. And reading here that he's part of the quest later on i really don't want to get ot that point and be disappointed. I'm still not that far into game but enough to not want to start again cause of it. It's true though i didn't do him right away i completed Triss' quest first and Radovid's then went to the Tree. Anyway i really hope they fix it soon. Didn't find any other bugs mentioned above.

solution: Ok so i just continued playing the game leaving the Eye for an Eye for when it's resolved.. thing is i then noticed a quest where you help Dijkstra with a certain quest regarding king Radovid ( trying to avoid spoliers) apparently you need to complete all quests where Roach is present for it in any way... i did that and afterwards i went to check the Hanged Man's tree again and lo and behold he was there.. so if anyone had the same problem, try to do all quests with Roach taking part it ( check the guide ) and it should work.

Regards,

Torg

Last edited:
Top Bottom