Pyres of Novigrad bug, can't progress with main quest line. *Possible Spoilers!*

+
But if you look at the release of TW3: Day One Patch, two days later patch 1.03, another two days patch 1.04. That's not bad and I would call this good support.
The console 1.03 patch needed 1 week. Let's hope that 1.04 will come faster or at least after 1 week too...

I would seriously hope that the certification and authentication process for 1.04 will be done anytime soon... Like REAL soon...

Most probably the bug is hard to reproduce on what testing hardware CDRP has or it requires significant changes that increases the testing time.
Guess you win some and you lose some when playing a game right after its release time (given the game and hardware complexity these days).

Most probably the bug is hard to reproduce on what testing hardware CDRP has or it requires significant changes that increases the testing time.
Guess you win some and you lose some when playing a game right after its release time (given the game and hardware complexity these days).

Well, they have more then enough sample to go on, in my previous post I've put a link to a post of Marcin on the GoG forums asking people to send him their savegames.

Attachments

• Warning-thread-bump.jpg
    Warning-thread-bump.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 49

BS! You can workaround it. Just let it auto activate the Brick if you come near it...

Shouldnt it be possible to fix this easy kind of bug? Srsly, if you found it with your vision just let it auto-activate the brick after 15 sec for all versions. Or increase the range of activation.
if you cant reproduce the bug you need to offer workarounds like this ffs. There are many ppl out there who cant continue the game.

My guess is that this bug might not be easy to fix/reproduce. It might not be that the brick is not activating, but that the quest progress cannot be updated. I've noticed people reporting other bugs where they cannot progress the main story and side quests for different strange reasons... I've spent a good deal of time trying to see if there is any way to force the game state to update (via code injections or some debug console command), but I haven't made any progress or read about anyone that has either. :(

Bump again, i'm lvl 13 now and i cant still activate the brick.....i tried to reload multiple time....redo the quest to the start....re-installing...nothing do....
its a game breaker. its the main quest. i'm a bit disappointed cause the 1.04 patch didnt fix it at all.

I don't think you will get more attention from CDPR with this topic, they've already stated that they are working on a fix and that it will be included in the next patch. It doesn't hurt to bump though, maybe there is a wizard that managed to fix this. I know I've read about some guy pressing X for 20 minutes then going to the XMB and back and it somehow clicked for him. I hope you guys will be able to get past this soon!

Bump again, i'm lvl 13 now and i cant still activate the brick.....i tried to reload multiple time....redo the quest to the start....re-installing...nothing do....
its a game breaker. its the main quest. i'm a bit disappointed cause the 1.04 patch didnt fix it at all.

You didn't read the previous posts in this thread did you? We know that 1.04 didn't fix it for you pc lads, but once 1.04 comes out for the consoles, they will probably release a hotfix for the pc since patches doesn't need to go through a week long certification proces like consoles...

Last edited:
I have hit this bug now as well. I will not touch the game again until they fix this problem. It's ludicrous. people deserve to get their money back if you aren't going to fix this obvious game-breaking problem.

Same here, not touching it until it is fixed. I dont want to ruin one of the best games I've ever played. I would rather just keep Geralt down there than do the main story with a level 25 Geralt

Top Bottom