Death March Tips!

+
Death March Tips!

I've been doing a complete play through, every quest and every discovery. I'm still on Skellige Isles, but I picked up on some early strategy. Quen shield is your friend and so is dodging and countering. I've killed monsters that have had a red skull. Always be patient is my number one tip. Look for openings and go in for a few attacks and roll out or I can strife is a good key in certain situations.

Pick one tree to spend most of your points, but pick the survival ones up as well like the health regen. Fleet footed is a must in my opinion incase you don't time your dodge correctly, you don't get rocked!Always stick to one armor and pick its passive up. I love the cat armor, currently rocking the enhanced armor version out, it gives attack power boost to fast attacks and stamina regen. I also picked up the first skill in Axii sign, you'll need to stun lock your opponents sometime when you get in on a 1v6. You can insta kill sometimes stun locking and also helps on dialogue choices in sticky situations. Always upgrade your gear with rune stones! The freeze, fire, Armor pen and stagger ones are my favorite to use for extra combos and DoT with the fire. I use the Feline Swords as well since they add dot as well, I was doing 1.6k tick per sec on red skull bosses. Potions come in hand as well, I use the Superior Swallow and Thunderbolt. I always use oils as well for extra damage.

Bombs are your friend too. I use Salum to blind a huge group and also Dancing Star for dot. Remember, patience is virtue on Death March, if you Rush in, expect to die. Looking for spots to attack and roll out. Pretend like your Floyd Mayweather of the Witcher World! Ha. Those are my tips, they may help, you may already know this, and you may have your own tactics. These are mine and I thought I would share!

I find the sun and stars passive the most useful perk early on. I'm level 15 and i'm still using it. I will probably stop using it later on around level 25~30. but the health regen is amazing early on when you have no food to eat.

Exactly. I'm level 24 and still use it. It's so useful when running to the next quest, letting your health restore. I find the 500 vitality one crap though, you'll out scale it early on.

I find the Yrden upgrade the most useful thing early on. +5%-10% dmg on sword won't matter much, but 10 sec longer Yrden will help you to have both Queen and Yrden up all time in "Boss fights". Not to mention it's must have vs Wraiths.

I like the Quen strategy my self, but whatever works for you! I roll around the big bosses with Quen up doing a 2-3 hit combo, strike or roll, and incase I don't time it correctly Quen is up and I don't get smashed. I've barely find myself using Yrden, only on the mobs that require it.

Top Bottom