Is it just me, or is Yen... [Spoilers}

+
Well that storytelling technique is very common. A lot of stuff is insinuated in books, TV and movies, and leaves the audience to fill in the blanks. I see no problem with that in games.

And I agree with Kraidy. If they had time to come up with that threesome, they had time to discuss their feelings also.

And? We still don't know what transpired. At all. In fiction, when something happens off screen, someone else provides the information necessary for the viewer/reader to follow the plot. It doesn't happen here. This is a dead end.

The scene might as well be a developer joke for all we know, given how out of character it is for all involved.

She did it once? In a situation where she wasn't even sure her friend was alive?

You know, forget it. You don't like her, it's fine.

I'm talking about the books.First,she seduced Geralt with magic ,than she refused to help her in Tower of Swallow.She didn't even bother to clear Yen's name for Geralt,instead Fringilla Vigo did that.With friends like Triss you don't need enemies.

I'm talking about the books.First,she seduced Geralt with magic ,than she refused to help her in Tower of Swallow.She didn't even bother to clear Yen's name for Geralt,instead Fringilla Vigo did that.With friends like Triss you don't need enemies.

And yet Yen somehow tolerates her. Stupid woman.

As I said, it's fine that you don't like her.

How did this go from discussing Yen's obnoxious personality to Yen vs Triss lol ? Yen's a bitch and i couldnt stand to be around someone like that irl lest i strangle them its that simple , but different folks different strokes.

You know, this is actually what I think the threesome was. Because it is horribly out of character, especially for Yennefer.

Yen would just fucking nuke Geralt, new Triss would just leave and Geralt wouldn't be stupid enough to even consider the idea. So yeah, if it's not a joke, then the writing crew did some witcher style boozing with a side dish of fisstech.

How did this go from discussing Yen's obnoxious personality to Yen vs Triss lol ?

It's one of the unwritten laws of the universe that every thread concerning on of those ladies will inevitably include the other in a verbal equivalent of a cage match to the death.

Last edited:
How did this go from discussing Yen's obnoxious personality to Yen vs Triss lol ? Yen's a bitch and i couldnt stand to be around someone like that irl lest i strangle them its that simple , but different folks different strokes.

Most of the people who dislike Yen, compare her with Triss. And in order for us Yen-fans to defend her, we must counter with facts about Triss. And many facts come from the books. But, it seems a lot of people just ignore the books, even though they are the absolute truth to the characters' backgrounds.

---------- Updated at 11:07 PM ----------

Yen would just fucking nuke Geralt, new Triss would just leave and Geralt wouldn't be stupid enough to even consider the idea. So yeah, if it's not a joke, then the writing crew did some witcher style boozing with a side dish of fisstech.

I don't think Yen would have nuked him. She would have given him so well chosen words. But, considering the circumstances, she would not have dumped him. Because, as I've mentioned earlier, Geralt didn't actually spend that much time with Triss anyway. Yen wouldn't have cast aside their long shared history because of that short fling.

Most of the people who dislike Yen, compare her with Triss. And in order for us Yen-fans to defend her, we must counter with facts about Triss.

Or you could defend Yen on the basis of her character and actions. It's not like it's hard to see past the ice and spikes and two wrongs never made a right.

I don't think Yen would have nuked him.

Figure of speech. That situation would have never came up in any world where Geralt is not permanently drunk, so it's pointless to guess what would have happened :p

Most of the people who dislike Yen, compare her with Triss. And in order for us Yen-fans to defend her, we must counter with facts about Triss. And many facts come from the books. But, it seems a lot of people just ignore the books, even though they are the absolute truth to the characters' backgrounds.

While its true that the game was based off the books it is still his own thing which is why most people could afford to never touch the books and still immerse themselves into the game world, i didnt read the books yet although i plan to, so the only Yen i know is the one i have heard about and seen in game , same goes for Triss , Geralt , Dandelion , Zoltan ( are the latter two in the books ? ) etc....so until i read it the book simply doesnt exist from where i am standing.

While its true that the game was based off the books it is still his own thing which is why most people could afford to never touch the books and still immerse themselves into the game world, i didnt read the books yet although i plan to, so the only Yen i know is the one i have heard about and seen in game , same goes for Triss , Geralt , Dandelion , Zoltan ( are the latter two in the books ? ) etc....so until i read it the book simply doesnt exist from where i am standing.

Yes, of course. You can treat the game as their own entity. But, a lot of people talk shit about Yennefer, without thinking why she might act a certain way. And, in the books one can find out why she is like she is.

And yes, Dandelion and Zoltan are in the books.

Well the OP actually did start off the thread with an on the surface comparison between the two. This of course led to a lengthy discussion as the characters aren't quite so 2-Dimensional.

Well, Yen not for a weak willed people, she has spikes and character. But hey, someone like puppy-like women like Triss. I'm joking but just a little.

I'll entertain your comment.

What is puppy-like about Triss?

I honestly am interested...coming from someone who's been waving the Team Yen banner for, oh, a long time, and only cared much about Triss since her character developed in the games.

I don't care about the books. That Geralt is not mine. As for Yen, I like her a bit at a time from playing the game. She's almost like Morrigan (From Dragon Age) and Morrigan is my canon LI. However, Morrigan possessed a certain down to earth charm whereas Yen is too high maintenance. Major turn off to her character. I wouldn't want to be around her IRL let alone leave Geralt with her for life.

As for Triss, I'm actually glad people are posting all the terrible things she's done, it makes me like her more and more. :) In TW3 she was coming across a bit sickingly sweet....just a little bit. But thinking about everything she did to get Geralt to be hers makes her rather enduring. I guess Geralt does have a thing for manipulative sorceresses. :D

Yen has a toxic personality. Now Triss , I want her involved in as many quests as possible. I felt robbed because Triss romance was most important thing for me in W3.

Romanced Yen for my death march playthrough. She's a sweetheart if you want to brave waves upon waves of sarcastic remarks, and manipulation. I guess you can consider that a 'strong woman', and 'being a strong-willed man'

I still preferred Triss. Yen still has underlying issues that she will probably never address.

If it weren't for Geralt it would've probably been Yennefer who would get the 'alone' ending.

Top Bottom