Playstation 4 Framerate topic

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Try turning the right stick sensitivity all the way down in the options. I felt sick and got a headache almost immediately when I started playing. Turning down the sensitivity in the controls helped a lot.

Yeah, but when you turn down the sensitivity, camera stutter becomes more noticeable.

Honestly i feel like the game has stutters and framedrops all over the damn game it's actually starting to really piss me off now xD
i need to play something else until they fix it.

What is the reason for PS4's performance being wose than Xbones? It should be a bit better in theory? Did the bag of money Microsoft gave CDPR for that collections edition thing also extened for extra bug fixes before release?

What is the reason for PS4's performance being wose than Xbones? It should be a bit better in theory? Did the bag of money Microsoft gave CDPR for that collections edition thing also extened for extra bug fixes before release?

Honestly i think it comes down to not enough experince with the playstation console since this is the first time ever they have done a playstation game
so i think thats why it failed. ( so fare)

they already did have experince with xbox ( witcher 2 xbox version )

You know the worst thing? That CDPR often reply when you are talking of "normal problems"....while they do not say a single word regarding the frame .
Not even a "sorry, we're working on" or "PS4 sucks, that's the problem " . Nothing.
Wait....not true....they reply to my email :

Greetings,

In patch 1.03 that went live some of the issues with fps are fixed. Please note that we are still working on improving the game.

Regards,
Amelia Kołat

Don't worry, I will wait the next 1000 patches.
Thanks CDPR.

Last edited:
Honestly i think it comes down to not enough experince with the playstation console since this is the first time ever they have done a playstation game
so i think thats why it failed. ( so fare)

they already did have experince with xbox ( witcher 2 xbox version )

But the thing is it shouldn't really work like that. The 360 was easy to develope for where as the architecture for PS3 made it very difficult. However with PS4 and Xbox one the reverse is actually true, with the PS4 platform being the easier to develope on. Something very odd has occured for them to get it so wrong on PS4 imo.

yeah sony made a big deal about asking the devs about ps4 hardware didnt they, it does baffle me why the xbox version is better though, have they locked the frame rate for it yet ? because when they do ill be jealous, i could give 2 shits about 1080p, give me 900p and 30 fps please any day

I was surprised how good game runs, but that was White Orchard. Which is very small compared to Velen. Whenever there if fog, intensive rain or many enemies at once or just all that in one place framerate is horrible. They should just release patch with some option graphics we can disable to run it smoothly. Also we should be able to set 900p. I know it's possible since some games used it already. Project Cars have some graphic options to choose from and in AC Black Flag they have changed resolution in patch. It get's a bit better in Skellige but now it's the XP bug so meh.

Did you try to rebuild Ps4 database and disabling wi-fi or other connection in order to stop eventual background downloading during gameplay?

Did you try to rebuild Ps4 database and disabling wi-fi or other connection in order to stop eventual background downloading during gameplay?

Mate please stop saying that people experience FPS problems because their PS4 is downloading or because they havent rebuilt their databases.

The game has framerate issues. There is factual evidence out there that clearly shows the problem, there are countless reviews saying the same and even more people experiencing poor performance. Its not their PS4s its the game.

They have to fix it. You are way too worked up in the notion that improving framerate means downgrading the visuals. It does NOT. We have numerous examples of games that have received amazing performance patches without affecting gfx in any way.

From 1080p to 900p you can gain 7-9fps. This game need 12-14 sometimes. The problem is not resolution, its the shitty port. They are silent about this topic.

From 1080p to 900p you gain nothing cause there is no optimization. It really wouldn't matter.

This is a similar case toe Metro: 2033. Game was horribly optimized, not even high-end GPU's could run at enthusiast settings and achieve a smooth 60FPS at 1080p. At the time I had a 6970, and lets just say I had to game at Medium just to play around 40-ish frames.

Metro: Last Light, an even better looking game, more open areas, tons of new graphical features, and guess what? Oh my, ran 10x better than 2033. That 6970 which struggled with 2033 now running High settings with 50 - 60 frames at 1080p.

There's a difference between an optimized game, and looking amazing (MGSV: GZ runs on fucking TOASTERS at high settings) and games which are horribly optimized, look amazing, but run like shit.

From 1080p to 900p you gain nothing cause there is no optimization. It really wouldn't matter.

This is a similar case toe Metro: 2033. Game was horribly optimized, not even high-end GPU's could run at enthusiast settings and achieve a smooth 60FPS at 1080p. At the time I had a 6970, and lets just say I had to game at Medium just to play around 40-ish frames.

Metro: Last Light, an even better looking game, more open areas, tons of new graphical features, and guess what? Oh my, ran 10x better than 2033. That 6970 which struggled with 2033 now running High settings with 50 - 60 frames at 1080p.

There's a difference between an optimized game, and looking amazing (MGSV: GZ runs on fucking TOASTERS at high settings) and games which are horribly optimized, look amazing, but run like shit.

Yeah them dropping it to 900 would do nothing
the optimizing would still be all over the place then we would just have lower resolution but left with the same problem ( the framerate)

Mate please stop saying that people experience FPS problems because their PS4 is downloading or because they havent rebuilt their databases.
Did i say that in that post? I suggested something that could help someone improve the experience, or do you pretend to just post complains?

There is no need to lower resolution. The game needs more optimization.

Lot of different factors come into play when "Optimizing" a gane. For exmple, Metro: 2033 REDUX runs infinitely better than the original, though it features less intensive visual effects as a way to gain performance. They focused on areas you normally see, and reduced in places you don't normally see. In turn you get an even better looking 2033 that runs amazing, and they reduced certain aspects which you would never really pay any attention to.

Do you care what the problem is or do you care to take rid of it?

But we already know what the problem is

The game is bad optimized for ps4 Because CDPR arent experinced with making games for the ps4
that's been pretty clear since day 1

so there is no taking care of the problems from our side It's all up to CDPR to fix it.

@Geber he cares for the issue to be resolved, and the only way that'll happen is through CDPR.

The game, in many areas, especially the Bog, and the surrounding areas, and Novigrad, perform like absolute trash with insane framerate issues. Signs, fire, rain, combat, smoke, fog, all these effects in areas that already cause the game to tank make them incredibly worse.

So yes, we care, we care a lot. CDPR has to fix the issue, and no amount of you hiding the issue is going to solve anything. Unless I'm thinking of someone else who keeps saying the game is fine and digital is the issue cause physical has no issues, which is absolute bullocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom