New AMD 15.5 Beta Driver for Witcher 3 OUT NOW!

+
No custom profile even though beta notes say there is. Tried both TW3 and Witcher3, the only profile that shows up is witcher2.exe.
"Default" crossfire setting now works but flickering is still there just not as siezure inducing as AFR friendly.
No improvment to AFR friendly as noted above but performance (using fraps) seems to be 10-15 fps higher than default mode.
To sum up.....it's still not reasonably playable with crossfire enabled. Eye bleeding flickering is still present only less so in default mode.
AMD 15.5 beta........swing and a miss.

No custom profile even though beta notes say there is. Tried both TW3 and Witcher3, the only profile that shows up is witcher2.exe.
"Default" crossfire setting now works but flickering is still there just not as siezure inducing as AFR friendly.
No improvment to AFR friendly as noted above but performance (using fraps) seems to be 10-15 fps higher than default mode.
To sum up.....it's still not reasonably playable with crossfire enabled. Eye bleeding flickering is still present only less so in default mode.

Did you try the unlimited FPS Setting trick for SLI / Crossfire? Just Curious.

Any case you could post an error report from Event Log?
Mine says something like Error 4101 AMDKMDAP stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Any case you could post an error report from Event Log?
Mine says something like Error 4101 AMDKMDAP stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

I know that error since 2011-2014ish can be caused by auto fan (not cooling enough), cool and quiet in bios, PCI power save in bios, and PCI power save in the windows profile, and if you're motherboard is attempting to to OC the PCI slot. Might want to double check all those just in case :) Not saying that's it, I just know from the past that it can be a hardware error.

Edit: I also forgot auto overclock like in the AMD control panel or by third party software. It's a common data/voltage hardware error.

Last edited:
Exactly. I have 6 system fans and two on the cpu cooled by the Evo 212. Sys temps never go over 40c even in the summer months in Texas. I've ruled out the heat issues. I also created a custom profile in BIOS and windows that enables the x16 slot to never go idle unless power down. The PCI power save preset or whatever it is called in the power options. Ive also disabled the other unused PCI express slots on the motherboard from BIOS .haha. But seriously, Thanks for your help!

I meant Im not getting any crashes so no pop ups telling me I have an error. Is that what you were talking about?

A guy said he found a fix for flickering with crossfire, he turned off AA in the game options and used the AMD control panel and turned it on there, let me know.

Last edited:
I meant Im not getting any crashes so no pop ups telling me I have an error. Is that what you were talking about?

Nah, never saw a popup. Checked the Windows Event log from control panel, then checked applications. few logs in there marked as warnings.

Top Bottom