My action from Witcher 2 doesn't matter in Witcher 3? Mass Effect 3 all over again.

+
I think all of the budget and focus shift to Open World aspect of TW3, which is great I love it and all. But a lot of things went missing especially in character development.

The sad thing is that Mass Effect 3 was better, in bringing back previous choices and states.

Much better in fact.

so very true.
tho I can safely say that Witcher 2 far surpassed Mass effect an Dragon Age in Story telling and characters.
I never felt this immersed into a game, especially a third person one, and I never been emotionally connected so well, with so many characters (even secondary characters you easily connect with) in a video game ever...

I would def have preferred that the major choices were not in the games at all tbh, its hard to do it well, and you can be more than satisfied with choices given to you on secondary quests/plots and customization and the like.

Or they could have just done it right. :)

Can't be done. When it comes to games that have choices and consequences no developer can get it right because it is impossible to please the fanbase it seems. Developer does A fans want ABCDEF..............^_^

The idea to cut out 40% of the second games content based on what choice you made was not a good one. A longer game could have pulled it off, but the second Witcher is extremely short (I believe I beat it in just over ten hours). It has a much tighter storyline because of its length, though, but I don't think that makes up for it.

And, yes, it is very disappointing that the choices in the second game don't matter. It is more disappointing that the choices you make in the first game are entirely irrelevant. I did not expect it to change much, but I hope they make a type of 'extended edition' where they fix this (and the Triss romance plot).

My problem is not so much that there was not different things based on choices, but how your choices were acknowledged. Like Iorveth and Saskia are not even mentioned. And Roche is your bro even if you went on the Iorveth path. Would it be so hard too add some additional dialogue? Like Roche indicating it wasn't cool leaving him in Flotsam, or someone saying clearly what happened to Saskia and Iorveth, even if they are dead? Even The Witcher 2 was better at this with small snippets of dialogue.

I am not asking for additional quests/content for different choices. All I want is a little dialogue that indicates what transpired in the past six months and is consistent with our past choices. It that too much to ask for?

I'm hoping they'll address this in the expansions or better yet, one of the free DLCs that are upcoming.

I mean, you'd think CDPR would see the reaction to ME3 and try not to do a worse job at imports. I've only played the game a little but everything I'm reading online seems to indicate that Witcher 2 might have well not existed.

As a sidenote to Saskia, she does get mentioned if you talk to Philippa on the boat.

Geralt: "Where's Saskia now? She manage to free herself of your spell?(sidenote, I imported a save where I saved her so that makes no sense but whatever on that)"
Philippa: "I lost control of her when the war broke out. I've no notion where she is."
Geralt: "I know you used her, but... couldn't escape the impression that you actually cared for her in some way."
Philippa: "Really?"

As a sidenote to Saskia, she does get mentioned if you talk to Philippa on the boat.

Geralt: "Where's Saskia now? She manage to free herself of your spell?(sidenote, I imported a save where I saved her so that makes no sense but whatever on that)"
Philippa: "I lost control of her when the war broke out. I've no notion where she is."
Geralt: "I know you used her, but... couldn't escape the impression that you actually cared for her in some way."

Headcanon that Philippa had a crush on Saskia accepted!

WAIT WAHT, AM I MISSING SOMETHING? Where's Philippa??

It would be great to see an enhanced edition or DLC/expansion down the line that focuses on adding impact from both TW1 and TW2.

I had a dream one day long ago of finishing TW3, then reading all of the books and replaying TW1-3 in order. I'll probably still do something like that over time, but I won't have the drive to really focus on the series like I expected. It's a shame the first two games don't tie in very strongly with the third. I'm skeptical CDPR will add a lot of TW1/2 impact though as TW3 seemed more focused on getting new players and pleasing book readers than rewarding past game series players.

At least in ME3 characters who could be dead had very important roles if you save them, but here we dont even see those who had plot armor

I was heavily disappointed when Iorveth and saskia did nto show, up, especially because philippa was supposed to have her under control in some scenarios. I fought for free non-humans in 2 games only to see nothing has changed and has no impact at all. Siegfreid would be my bro and he does not even appear in TW3.

Mass Effect imported characters, romances, gear, levels. In TW3 you dont even get a damned oren or your weapons from TW2. I worked my ass off for the darkmode sets, for the operators staff, nothing. I was really disappointed in that matter.

It would be great to see an enhanced edition or DLC/expansion down the line that focuses on adding impact from both TW1 and TW2.

I had a dream one day long ago of finishing TW3, then reading all of the books and replaying TW1-3 in order. I'll probably still do something like that over time, but I won't have the drive to really focus on the series like I expected. It's a shame the first two games don't tie in very strongly with the third. I'm skeptical CDPR will add a lot of TW1/2 impact though as TW3 seemed more focused on getting new players and pleasing book readers than rewarding past game series players.

Honestly in what way do you expect W3 to be different based on W1/W2? I'm not talking about some blurb or conversation. I'm talking about the big world and state of the world. All of that W1/W2 stuff in reality had a very small role to play.

---------- Updated at 05:27 PM ----------

I was heavily disappointed when Iorveth and saskia did nto show, up, especially because philippa was supposed to have her under control in some scenarios. I fought for free non-humans in 2 games only to see nothing has changed and has no impact at all. Siegfreid would be my bro and he does not even appear in TW3.

You do know that this is a whole different area of the world. W2 took place in Upper Aderin. Why in the world would you expect Saskia to show up here? Or even Iroveth for that matter?

---------- Updated at 05:27 PM ----------

You do know that this is a whole different area of the world. W2 took place in Upper Aderin. Why in the world would you expect Saskia to show up here? Or even Iroveth for that matter?[/QUOTE]

Simply for the same reason Roche shows up, his story was written so that he would be there for his reasons, devs could have done the same with other characters. Philippa has control over Saskia in some scenarios, would be kinda stupid to not use a dragon as an asset against radovid. I mean she basically could just have had him roasted. And if Saskia dies from her wound it would at least have been pleasant to know of her fate.

I mean there is not even one relevant scoia'tel quest in TW3(afaik) while nonhumans get slaughtered like animals.

Top Bottom