“The 1.03 patch on Xbox One will feature both, the FPS lock on 30 and will remove the save problem. We are hoping it will go live by Friday.”

+
“The 1.03 patch on Xbox One will feature both, the FPS lock on 30 and will remove the save problem. We are hoping it will go live by Friday.”

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/05...w-bigger-font-on-ps4-and-more-coming-in-1-04/

The Witcher 3 Xbox One Patch 1.03 Expected Tomorrow; Bigger Subtitles on PS4 and More Coming in 1.04

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is udergoing a rather quick patching schedule, but the Xbox One version still hasn’t received patch 1.03, while the PS4 version got it between Tuesday and yesterday, while the PC version is already on 1.04, since it does need certification by Sony and Microsoft.

Luckily, the wait for the Xbox One patch should be close to an end, and it should come with the previously announced 30 FPS lock and the fix to the bug that causes loss of save games, as mentioned by community coordinator Marcin Momot on the official forums.

For those playing on PS4, and still waiting for a bigger font for subtitles (that many thought would come with 1.03), it will be included in 1.04, alongside many quest fixes. It wasn’t specified if the same will happen on Xbox One.

Sounds like the Xbox One patch won't even have the bigger text and sounds like the stutter issue will STILL be there even with 30fps lock on?

Yeah sadly all looks like news we heard earlier in the week. Long as we get the patch tomorrow I think I can deal with my game being a complete brick for a week. If we have to wait into next week I hate to say my amusement level with spending the amount I did for a CE (with a broken statue) will drop considerably.

Thanks for sharing the post though

I just don't get it though. If the unlocked framerate is not the cause of the stuttering, why lock it at 30fps at all then? Cause except for the stuttering, i like how smooth it is on Xbox One. Remove the stuttering and i'd be ok with that. I gues i am jumping to conclusions though.

I just don't get it though. If the unlocked framerate is not the cause of the stuttering, why lock it at 30fps at all then? Cause except for the stuttering, i like how smooth it is on Xbox One. Remove the stuttering and i'd be ok with that. I gues i am jumping to conclusions though.
The unlocked framerate is source to the most persistent stuttering on Xbox. The uneven frames times are there throughout, even on the map. All other stuttering is lost in it.

It's maddening.

The unlocked framerate is source to the most persistent stuttering on Xbox. The uneven frames times are there throughout, even on the map. All other stuttering is lost it.

It's maddening.

Oh ok i see, So this is definitely going to make it much smoother. It;s surprising actually that X1 version gets the lock to 30fps before it does on PS4. And to think that plenty of people say they don;t see the stuttering at all. I can't understand that. Plenty people actually call it very smooth.

Oh ok i see, So this is definitely going to make it much smoother. It;s surprising actually that X1 version gets the lock to 30fps before it does on PS4. And to think that plenty of people say they don;t see the stuttering at all. I can't understand that. Plenty people actually call it very smooth.
It's already locked to 30fps on PS4 and so appears smoother there much of the time, in spite of a lower frame rate. A down side to the cap is it should allow Xbox users to see the camera and animation judder in its full and terrible glory.

I wonder if the unloadable saves are going to be unlocked by this or not or if the unloadable saves are bugged forever.

well iv not had any stuttering at all, i played over 80 hours, i hope this patch doesnt f**k it up for me some how cause i will be pissed.

also when they say there making the font bigger do the mean the subtitles or all the text in the sub menus ????

Last edited:
It's already locked to 30fps on PS4 and so appears smoother there much of the time, in spite of a lower frame rate. A down side to the cap is it should allow Xbox users to see the camera and animation judder in its full and terrible glory.

Nope, it's capped at 30fps on PS4, not locked. This means it can still go under 30fps but not above. Look on NeoGAF in the thread about how PS4 is still having framerate issues.

well iv not had any stuttering at all, i played over 80 hours, i hope this patch doesnt f**k it up for me some how cause i will be pissed.

also when they say there making the font bigger do the mean the subtitles or all the text in the sub menus ????

Exactly!! The game works perfectly for me on xbox one!!! No bugs, No stuttering. (Just Geralt's hair is always windy...it actually feels like a bug)
I'm always little nervous if the new patch will make problems instead!!!

And why are everyone complaining about the font! It's not so small at all and I don't have a good sight. There are games that have way smaller font.

Their are some bugs on the Xbox version like the suspend/resume issue but overall it seems to run better than the PS4 version. Locking the FPS on the Xbox one should dramatically improve the smoothness and since the Xbox one version doesn't dip below 30FPS now their won;t be any of the PS4 stutter when like when the PS4 version hits 20FPS.

The cannot save now error has ruined this game for me. On Wednesday I played for eight hours - went up three levels and was assuming I couldn't save because I was in the middle of a huge quest - how wrong I was!! With a game like Witcher 3 there are many choices you make which apparently affect the game play. Once I have made these choices I DON'T WANT TO THEN CHANGE THEM WHEN I AM FORCED TO PLAY AGAIN BECAUSE THE GAME DOESN'T SAVE!! How could this have got through game testing - or did you use the same people as Microsoft used for Windows ME and Windows 8.0? How about a free season pass for when you do get round to fixing it? And my three levels back would cheer me up.
Also, for me the problem doesn't normally occur after the xbox resumes. I have energy saving on - so my xbox shuts down properly and normally I can save a few times (to lull me into a false sense of security), then after I am feeling confident in the saving mechanic and play for a few hours without saving it then doesn't let me!!

Last edited:
Their are some bugs on the Xbox version like the suspend/resume issue but overall it seems to run better than the PS4 version. Locking the FPS on the Xbox one should dramatically improve the smoothness and since the Xbox one version doesn't dip below 30FPS now their won;t be any of the PS4 stutter when like when the PS4 version hits 20FPS.

That does make sense, and that would be fantastic. It's just surprising how they can manage to get the framerate higher on the inferior console. Or maybe not, since the resolution is slighty lower.

That does make sense, and that would be fantastic. It's just surprising how they can manage to get the framerate higher on the inferior console. Or maybe not, since the resolution is slighty lower.
900p to 1080p is a little more than the difference in GPU strength between the console. Theres's also a slight CPU clock difference, and these CPUs aren't quick so a little problably makes a difference.

I hope the next round of customers paying to beta test The Witcher 3 goes well with patch 1.03

I'll leave my worthless pile of Witcher 3 code on the Xbox for at least a month or two until I see the same pitiful article on gaming websites that I saw when Assassin's Creed : Unity received its final patch : that a game is still buggy, but at least playable.

It's bad enough that I paid for unusable code, but to pay to work for Microsoft and CD Projekt Red to help them fix their broken product? What upside-down world do we live in that people pay to work for others?

Yeah I guess the patch didn't really work because I just lost my entire save! Does antone have news on the matter? Tks

Guest 3349340

Well. Now I have tried both the PS4 and the Xbox version. And in my case (or at least as I see it) they both have issues with framerate, amongst other things. I am still experiencing stuttering, fps drops and it feels like on the bad side of 30 (something) fps on Xbox One. Now I am highly sensitive to fps, but I can`t be the only one experincing this. Patch 1,04.

Top Bottom