Links at the bottom of the webpage

+
Links at the bottom of the webpage

Maybe my "sugestion" is a little ridiculous, but have you realize the "PC DVD logo" links to gamesforwindows.com, which actually don't exist and redirects to xbox.com?!

It's pretty frustrating. Maybe you could link to GoG.com or steampowered.com...

FuKuy said:
Maybe my "sugestion" is a little ridiculous, but have you realize the "PC DVD logo" links to gamesforwindows.com, which actually don't exist and redirects to xbox.com?!

Nice troll attempt. It actually redirects to here: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/PC

FuKuy said:

Purpose of the topic?

Zanderat said:
Nice troll attempt. It actually redirects to here: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/PC

He specified that the link leads to Xbox.com. Which it does. Regardless of whether it sends you to the PC part of the Xbox Marketplace, it still sends you to Xbox.com.

Either way it doesn't matter. The URL is misleading for end-users but ultimately sends you to the place Microsoft wants you to go.

The only concern is that it's pretty damn confusing for anyone who doesn't know. They expect to go to a website called "Games for Windows Live" and they don't. So I can understand where the OP's confusion lies.

I think Zanderat interpreted "redirects to xbox.com" as exactly that. I, too, was expecting it to take me to xbox.com (hint: try typing that into your browser window).

If the OP isn't trolling, then he probably doesn't realize that those links are not just 'affiliates'. They are more or less advertisement/sponsorship/blah blah blah.

I'm not sure if they are meant to be 'navigational links' for players...

saintmagician said:
I think Zanderat interpreted "redirects to xbox.com" as exactly that. I, too, was expecting it to take me to xbox.com (hint: try typing that into your browser window).

If the OP isn't trolling, then he probably doesn't realize that those links are not just 'affiliates'. They are more or less advertisement/sponsorship/blah blah blah.

I'm not sure if they are meant to be 'navigational links' for players...
Right. It looked to me like the Op was trying to imply something devious was going on.

Top Bottom