Game is way too easy!

+
Game is way too easy!

Hi guys. Created an account just to post this (read until the end before criticize me)

I think that most of the players are fine with the current balance of the game. So asking to change that because of a minority is not correct. However, undoubtedly, certain skills are so much powerful that they break the game for some people.

Playing on Death March. Lvl 15.
Axii build: No way. You can span axii (puppets), it doesn't even consume all your stamina bar, and the puppets 1-hit kill all enemies for you.
I was not having fun, so changed de build (as recommended by a lot of other people in other posts)
Igni build: Burn everything to hell. Most enemies just burn indefinitely and get perma-stunned.
Not having fun again, changed to alchemy build.
2 concotions at the same time + permanent swallow: game breaking again.

So, my point is:

I`m not asking for a nerf, because I know that most of you are loving the game the way it is (and is a single player game bla bla bla).
But CD project could consider launch a new difficulty (or even more than one) making enemies much more harder after Lvl -12-13.
Until this point I was having a blast with this game. Now, I can do quests way above my lvl (like 10 lvl above), almost never getting killed.
Game is loosing its magic for me. It just too bad not being able to upgrade your favorite abilities just because you will become much more powerful than you supposed to be. And its not fun having to restrict yourself to not make this or that because the game will become too easy.

I don't want to create a fight here, so please just respect my opinion as I respect yours. I think that a lot of gamers are having trouble with the current balance of the game. A new difficulty (increase enemy HP and ATK or make axii consume all your stamina when casted or lowering the chance of burning of with Igni, etc etc etc) would be very welcome. It would not consume a lot of time from the developers, people that are enjoying the game the way it is would not be affected and people that are finding the combat progressively less fun would appreciate (there are a lot of posts in this forum about early OP builds/skills, though I haven't tested them because what I really like are signs and alchemy.

Except for this, W3 is the best game ever made.

Sorry for my english. Bye

I've found a few efficient techniques for killing that do the job all the way around, so I feel there needs to be a system a player can choose that enables massive increases in AI other than just disabling a player's expertise. Of course, I could just not trait anything or get better armor or weapons . . .. ;)

Have you tried sticking to a melee build (if you don't want to feel op). I found using mostly swordsman skills, and using signs for situational utility provides more of a challenge, vs higher level enemies, at least. Seeing as you don't get any special cc, or utility from them, for the most part.

Saying that. The only way I've got any good challenging fights, was from higher level enemies (eg 6-10 levels higher). Anything your own level is unfortunately too easy, regardless of difficulty.

I also don't think another difficulty will solve this problem. Because it's due to mechanics and AI. Doesn't really matter how much damage an enemy does, if it's too stupid to hit you in the first place, imo.

I agree. The first 20-30 hours on Death March are pretty challenging. After hthat it becomes a cakewalk if you use the right build. I tested different builds and especially alchemy is OP like hell. Mainly because of 3 things, which just shouldn't work together:
The possibility to change potions during combat.
The skill which almost instantly decreases your toxicity to 0 after drinking a potion
The skill which heals 25% of your life when drinking any potion
With this build I could use 40+ potions in every fight (each heals me 25%+ the regular effect) and after the fight I could just meditate to refill all my potions.
Considering enemies don't do enough damage to onehit me, I think I don't need to say it was basically impossible to die.
I think on Death March we shouldn't be able to change potions during combat.

I think on Death March we shouldn't be able to change potions during combat.

Then don't change potions during combat. No one is forcing you to do so.

Posts like these are sort of just like WTF to me. I mean, make the game as difficult as you want it. Why rely on devs to do it. Want more of a challenge, only spend 1/2 of your ability points. Need more of a challenge, don't put runes on your gear. Need a greater challenge, don't use potions in fights.. There are numerous ways to make the game extremely difficult on your own. You just need to decide how you want to play ;)

I think giving enemies more accurate cc would be interesting. Having them use stun/blind/knockdown, etc, (depending on who you're fighting) more often. It would make them a lot more dangerous, imo.

Sadly, the only way I've found to make the game actually difficult at higher levels, is to gimp yourself, and wear mediocre weapons. Good weapons really make the game easy. But, nobody likes to feel gimped. Thats not the right way to do difficulty. The game shouldn't make you feel weak. It should make you feel challanged, in a good way. When it should.

Imo, these artificial difficulties never really work anyway. (Pick a slider option and enemies have more hp, do more damage, etc).

The only real way to make enemies harder, is to make them smarter, quicker, and more aggressive, imo. Most enemies really aren't aggressive enough. They attack once or so, then give you about 4 seconds of recovery time before attacking again. It looks pretty wonky lol.

Last edited:

Posts like these are sort of just like WTF to me. I mean, make the game as difficult as you want it. Why rely on devs to do it. Want more of a challenge, only spend 1/2 of your ability points. Need more of a challenge, don't put runes on your gear. Need a greater challenge, don't use potions in fights.. There are numerous ways to make the game extremely difficult on your own. You just need to decide how you want to play ;)
Well I did change my build because the alchemy one became to easy.
But it's not my fault if the devs didn't manage to balance the game. One important aspect for me is to find the most efficient way to win a fight. Certainly this also includes to find the "best build".That's one of the reasons why I play in the highest difficulty. It's rather annoying if I have to go through all the builds and look for what is OP and then have do decide for myself if it's OP enough so I won't use it. Especially because there is a lot in Witcher 3 which makes even the highest difficulty easy (alchemy, igni, axii, horse combat against humans, a melee bleeding sword build)

house rules are cool and all but sometimes people just want to be challenged by the game not themselves

difference being in one case you have to play as good as possible in the other you deliberately hold yourself back

Yes and no. The fact is that much of what makes the game too easy are major skills, so telling somebody not to use their favorite sign or technique in order to increase challenge isn't fair.

True, you can always impose more difficulty on yourself in many games, but players shouldn't have to rely on gimmicks to compensate for the game's lack of balance. Statements like "just take your armor off" or "use default weapons" aren't really valid. What you're really saying is "Miss out on content!" How much do you have to pass up on and forget in order to just compensate for something? That cool new sword or piece or armor? That interesting new sign upgrade?

Hey man. I can't explain to you exactly why, but I can guarantee to you that self imposing challenges to make the game more difficult don't work for everyone (in fact, don't work for most people). Its just a feeling that something is not right having to restrict yourself.

That said, I agree with you that making restrictions is the short-term solution for this problem.
However, I disagree completely when you start your post saying that my post is WTF. Game is fine for you? Wonderful. It`s clear that for some people (minority) it`s not.
So can we have hope of minimal changes that would make the game better for us? If it`s to difficult to be made, developers will not make it. And in the future moders will do. But, if there is a possibility of improvement, why should I not post this?

The dip in difficulty from the Isles of Mists on is certainly an issue that has to be addressed. The game is well-balanced and fun until the Isles. On Blood Sweat and Tears. until the Isles I died like 40-50 times, afterwards I died once. I'm an above average players but by no means am I a pro. My right hand is kinda weak and disabled so the timing is not always perfect. I shouldn't be able to own everyone and I shouldn't be able to kill Eredin with full hp left.

The problem with nerfing yourself manually is that you're working hard for this tight build, good potions , nice items. You shouldn't have to give those up just to challenge yourself. For sure not on higher difficulties.

Just to be clear, the game is still a 10 for me. First game that got me properly teared up since 1998 (back then it was significantly easier to choke me up :) )

AXII is fun and it's only really overpowered when fighting groups of bandits or drowners. Things like Ghouls and Harpys scatter too much; you'll be sitting there all day trying to get them to finish each other off. Much more effective to just fight them.

Haven't really used much Igni and Alchemy; my build is primarily AXII, Quen and combat. I'm only level 10 but Death March has been sufficiently challenging with that setup.

less xp ( especial from quests) on death march would solve it, said this many many times...
- quen/igni builds around lvl 20 you are overpowered
- if you keep on main quest experience gain is so big that you are leveling up like crazy which leaves you with loads of gray side quests, no challenge there anymore since you can trash any opponent 5 lvl higher anyway
- game needs difficulty balancing

a part of this it's probably the best game I ever played

Last edited:
I wanted things to be easy and not like darksouls, but this is way to easy! lol..
Me SoM was a good chalange.. I kinda wish TW3 had that batman-ish, free flow style combat as an option.
Maybe they can patch that in as another option for players? Manual combat or freeflow combat :)

less xp ( especial from quests) on death march would solve it, said this many many times...
- quen/igni builds around lvl 20 you are overpowered
- if you keep on main quest experience gain is so big that you are leveling up like crazy which leaves you with loads of gray side quests, no challenge there anymore since you can trash any opponent 5 lvl higher anyway
- game needs difficulty balancing

a part of this it's probably the best game I ever played

Very True, you basically get 2,5 free levels for the "castle sequence" (not to be spoilery, I think you get which part i mean :)). I feel as though this single bump made me super OP

What makes combat imbalanced are the food items regenerating health points. I seen youtube vids of guys playing at the highest difficulty and all they are literally doing is spamming food/drinks during the fight. Least with pots you have the 3 and done limit.

Top Bottom