The ending that I got. What?! (SPOILERS)

+
The ending that I got. What?! (SPOILERS)

I just finished the game, loved every single moment, best game ever BUT what did I do to deserve this ending?!

I won´t put anything into the spoiler brackets, you have been already warned by the thread title.

- Okay let me start by saying that I romanced Yen only and never cheated on her with anyone! So when she asked me in the end whether I´d go with her once its all over, I agreed.

- I helped Djikstra and Roche with the assassination of Radovid quest but the actual assassination NEVER TOOK PLACE.
I was hoping that a follow up quest would appear because I really wanted Radovid dead.
But it didnt!
Instead, Radovid won the war.

Excuse you writers?

This makes absolutely no sense! I don´t remember making any decisions that would disadvantage Emhyr and make Radovid more powerful.
I never helped Radovid with anything, not even finding Philippa. I killed all the witch hunters I could.
So why the hell did he win the war? Can someone enlighten me what decision caused him to defeated Nilfgaard?
Or does he always win? Or is it completely random?

This was a real shocker. I definitely did not see this coming and I feel like I had absolutely no say in this.

- Last but not least, WHERE THE HELL IS YEN?! I loved her and told her I´d go with her, instead one week later after Ciri entered that portal (don ´t know if it can be prevented or not but I guess not since I did not want her to and was trying to choose dialogue options that indicated she won´t but she still did) I appear in a damn swamp hunting a werewolf?!

What the hell happened to everyone, especially Yen since I told her I´d go with her.

Okay, I´m really quite shocked and sad. I do hope that at least some of the other 35 endings are happy.

So my final ending was:

I asked the werewolf I was hunting to take me to the last Crone Ciri did not manage to kill to retrieve the medallion of my dead daugher as Geralt put it..

I battled the Crone, killed her and found the medallion.

The story ends with Geralt sitting inside the hut holding the medallion and a plenty monsters surrounding the hut running towards him. (Drowners, water hags so on...).

THE END. Nothing else. : (

Let me know what you think, can´t wait to hear your thoughts. I´ll go and google the endings : (

Last edited:
There should be a follow-up quest for the assassination that is level 30. Not sure how it pops up as I skipped a lot of side quests on my story mode first run play through, but I saw it failed in my quest log. As for going off with Yen, basically if you got that ending then Geralt becomes so depressed with Ciri's apparent death that he pretty much ends his life in the swamp. Thus no happy ending with Yen as he just can't pull himself out of his depression.

I am 100% sure I did not come across a follow up quest and it also did not appear in my quest log as failed.
I have no idea why did he not stay with Yen and apparently committed suicide this way.....what decision was it that I made that made him do this : (

I am 100% sure I did not come across a follow up quest and it also did not appear in my quest log as failed.
I have no idea why did he not stay with Yen and apparently committed suicide this way.....what decision was it that I made that made him do this : (
The factors that determine the ending all have to do with Ciri. If you're too strict/overbearing/overprotective with her then she will lack the resolve, will to live, or will to return to Geralt at the end. So either she dies or she decides to live in another world away from Geralt due to the bad memories.

Last edited:
Nonsense I was nice to her all the time : ( Only did what I thought what best for her!
Just have to watch her reactions when you make decisions regarding her, you'll know whether you made the right choice or not. It's just about letting her spread her wings and making her own decisions, with Geralt in a supportive role.

I just googled the possible endings. This is so unfair, I got the worst one where pretty much everyone dies or goes missing.

I was just trying to protect her. I took her to the Emperor true but I did not accept his money and we left right after.
I felt like this matter needed to be resolved.

I told her that she doesn´t have to be good at everything and thats true. How is that a negative reply?

I went with her to the meeting of the Lodge because I knew Philippa and how manipulative she could be. It was for the best that I went.

I did not take her to visit Skjall´s grave because:

1. I really felt like there was no time.
2. I did not want her to find out that he in fact was not even buried and Yen has used necromancy on him.
3. Besides, when playing as Ciri, I did not made any indications that I liked him, I even said I prefer women.

And I think I did tell her to calm down because I thought she meant it literally and could kill me and Yen.

I still feel betrayed and that follow up quest for assassination of Radovid, never got it. Don´t know why : / Or a battle between Vernon and Djikstra? Nope. Never happened to me. : (

I was just trying to protect her. I took her to the Emperor true but I did not accept his money and we left right after.
*SNIP*
I told her that she doesn´t have to be good at everything and thats true. How is that a negative reply?

I still feel betrayed and that follow up quest for assassination of Radovid, never got it. Don´t know why : / Or a battle between Vernon and Djikstra? Nope. Never happened to me. : (
It's a bummer that you didn't get the ending you wanted, but there's more content coming, so that's an excuse to replay it again.

First: I think the final (second) assassination quest comes up when you help Triss evacuate the mages from Novigrad. Helping Triss is optional, but Djikistra makes a surprise appearance, and so the political ending is directly tied to this quest. That is unfair, and probably poorly thought out by the devs.

I did what you did with the lodge and Ciri, but I'd argue against the general idea of "just trying to protect her". It's a well-meaning motivation, but--if you saw my snowball fight rant on the Ending thread--I'd argue that it's actually the wrong motivation. Ciri is tough, and has already survived more difficulty and had more life experience than just about anybody alive. So "trying to protect her", or any similar motivations, trying to teach her, trying to steer her or worse, trying to control her, are all varying levels of bad. Or if not bad, at least not what she needs.

The game puts you in a situation that as Geralt, you have to get over yourself and give Ciri what she needs rather than what you want. (And what she needs isn't teaching or protection.) And the game doesn't require you to support her every time, just several of the possible times. Ciri had an unbelievably tough few years, survived it, and she doesn't need yet another authority figure trying to call the shots. It fits perfectly with the story, and Ciri and others warn you in various ways if you're being overbearing.

Just a question for my 2nd playthrough, since I heard that if you don't let Triss get tortured (which I don't intend to do this time around) the Djikistra is pissed. Does that lock all the assassinations of Radovid quests?

I got the Radovid quest when I got Phillipa out of the bathhouse, Dijkstra told me to meet with him at the docks. Maybe it depends on what you're saying during that conversation between him/Eilhart/Geralt

Forum veteran
Just a question for my 2nd playthrough, since I heard that if you don't let Triss get tortured (which I don't intend to do this time around) the Djikistra is pissed. Does that lock all the assassinations of Radovid quests?
I didn't let her get tortured (in fact, I didn't even make it inside before I started killing everyone) and he was pissed, but I still got the assassination quest.

It might revolve around what you say to him in the bathhouse after finding Phillipa like LoghainMacTir suggests. I told him that the emperor intended on putting Ciri on the throne and he suddenly got all excited. I think he does give you the assassination quest in that conversation based on what you say/do.

When I was rescuing Philippa from the bath house I broke Djikstras leg. Maybe thats why I didnt get the follow up quest to assasinate Radovid.

When I was rescuing Philippa from the bath house I broke Djikstras leg. Maybe thats why I didnt get the follow up quest to assasinate Radovid.

I read somewhere it indeed does. I might've be tempted to try it, though leaving Radovid to continue his madness and torment North is a big No in my book.

I still got the second part of the assassination quest on my first playthrough where I didn't recover the vault location for him. The main difference is that if you recover the vault location for him then he'll provide you some manpower with the Dandelion ambush rescue. He'll also give you some gold and runes when you ask for help against the Wild Hunt.

I still got the second part of the assassination quest on my first playthrough where I didn't recover the vault location for him. The main difference is that if you recover the vault location for him then he'll provide you some manpower with the Dandelion ambush rescue. He'll also give you some gold and runes when you ask for help against the Wild Hunt.
I didn't locate his gold -- I didn't know it was even possible -- and I still got the assassination quest from him, so that's most certainly not the trigger. It most likely simply has to do with the dialogue choices you make during the conversation that starts up the quest.

I do belive the "plotters" were still waiting for you to arrive. I almost completely forgot about that mission. I also got the second worst ending, where Radovid wins the Northern war, and ciri becomes a witcher (it's actually a cool ending) and if you go back to the White orchard and head towards Tomira the Herbalists hut (I liked Tomira and frequently dropped by to look at her ass) you'll find the witch hunters are burning her at the stake (you can hurry and rescue her) which I thought neat little twist.

The best ending has got to be the final one, where ciri becomes empress. had a tear in my eye for that one.

since I heard that if you don't let Triss get tortured (which I don't intend to do this time around) the Djikistra is pissed. Does that lock all the assassinations of Radovid quests?

I didn't, yes he was irate, but wasn't locked out of it...unless *I* was bugged?

Tried that quest Triss's way once to see what happens different; listening to her being tortured was sick and cruel...reminded me of finding her in TW2 @ Loc Muinne. Restarted it for a third time just to walk in their front door Firestreaming every last one of 'em.

Just fucking disgusting, can't word it differently:ermm:

If you shove dijkstra out of the way forcefully when you leave the bath house then you dont get the follow up to the assassination quest.

The best ending has got to be the final one, where ciri becomes empress. had a tear in my eye for that one.
Why should an ending where Ciri becomes Empress be the best one, I would think the one where she becomes a witcher and sets out on her own would be the best one, seeing it's what she always wanted to do

Hahaha! I got the same sad ending for my first playthrough. it was indeed shit. anyway i've restarted the game on death march and i'Ll make things right now :D

Top Bottom