Possible Sequels

+
Geralts story is done, which is a shame kinda. I really liked him even though he wasn't the most emotional. Another game would be great, playing as Ciri or Yen or Triss I don't know. Lambert or Eskel?

Why is it milking? Yea, the stories about Geralt and Shepard are over, but their worlds are big. I guess no one want to "resurrect" Gerald for Witcher 4, but just throw away such a nice universe? Nope, I want my Zerrikanian and golden dragons.

Its not throwing away since the Trilogies are already completed
There is no need for more, its not like DA where its every game a new protagonist

You don't need to explore the whole world in these games just for curiosity's sake

Last edited:
I want to play as a brand new character. I love the Witcher universe, but the lore from the novels makes it more of a story-driven game and less of a roleplaying game. The protagonist of an RPG shouldn't have like 7 novels worth of backstory and established lore and baggage. RPG protagonists should be blank slates so that players can roleplay how they choose. This is why Geralt having amnesia was so important in TW1 and 2, because it removed the baggage from the novels so the player could roleplay Geralt however they wanted.

I would love to see Ciri, but she would come with her own novels worth of baggage. I wouldn't be opposed to a Ciri game, but again, it would be more of a story-driven action/adventure game than a roleplaying game. I say, I want a brand new RPG in The Witcher universe with a brand new Witcher protagonist. Give us a blank slate and a fresh start into the world of The Witcher. By all means, keep the big important NPCs, but let the protagonist be a new character who doesn't have a bunch of established lore and baggage.

My response to that?

I HATE Blank Slate characters so very very much.

Can we keep the Witcher free of them?

Even if there's a new Witcher, I'd like them to have a completely new personality free from the whole "audience projection thing."

---------- Updated at 01:05 AM ----------

A Witcher game without Geralt? Hell no
I really don't think its needed but its clear many fans want more
But I don't get it why always milk things even though the story is over?

Just like with Mass Effect (off topic), there is no need for a Mass Effect 4
At least this isn't Ubi level of milking (what they did to the AC series..damm)

eh, I also think there's plenty of room for more Geralt.

Geralt is the Man with No Name. His story never ends.

My response to that?

I HATE Blank Slate characters so very very much.

Can we keep the Witcher free of them?

Even if there's a new Witcher, I'd like them to have a completely new personality free from the whole "audience projection thing."

---------- Updated at 01:05 AM ----------

eh, I also think there's plenty of room for more Geralt.

Geralt is the Man with No Name. His story never ends.

I would be down for more Geralt too! I just don't want new protagonists (and especially not blank slate characters like in Bioware games on that I agree)

They said it would be the last Geralt Witcher of the series I believe in a interview or on twitter I don't remember. They could spin it off 100 different ways, so if the game pays and they feel they can get another good story out of it, You never know after Cyberpunk their next release. Bioware said no more Mass Effect BUT guess what, they are making another lol so you never know.

It seems Geralt's story is finished, so I don't think we'll see any sequel(s) with him as the main protagnist. Also, and I'm sure I'm in the minority when I say this, but I don't think Ciri will be the next main character either, as her fate is pretty variable - she can die/disappear, become empress of Nilfgaard or wander the Path as a pseudo-witcher.

Now, IIRC, the prophecy of Ithlinne says Ciri will give birth to a son (or of either sex if CDPR goes with a Create-Your-Own-PC like other RPG's) who would destroy the old world and, from its ruins, build a new one. Perhaps the next set of games could follow the ascendancy of this person?

CDPR said he might still be in one of the sequels but probably as NPC, anyways i cant imagine a witcher game without geralt because it would lose soooo many interesting characters.

many think a sequel with geralt MIGHT end in a repetitive useless piece of junk pretty much like any other single player game nowadays but i mean.. we're talking about CDPROJEKT guys! it takes them 3 years to put a trailer up and 3 years to develop the game but its worth really worth it to wait im pretty sure they didnt want to force geralt's story thats why they ended it but they surely will make another game worth of the witcher saga

Last edited:
I think Geralt is not done.
Geralt was the best thing about Witcher 3, and he lives his life after the end of the Witcher 3. It was proven to me that Ciri cannot replace Geralt, because her bits and her personality fell short compared to Geralt's. To put it bluntly she is a Geralt wannabe just like Robin is a Batman wannabe. Geralt is an icon and not a weak character you just replace.

The main story in the Witcher 3 was the weakest aspect in my opinion, and the main attractions were the interesting side quests. If you think about it the most interesting main story bits were also huge self contained side quests, for example the family matters and the ensuing side quest with the Baron.

Which brings me to the point that a Witcher game does not need a main story. It should be about a Witcher's life, which is a collection of interesting and intriguing stories just like how it started with Geralt and the collection of short stories.

The next game should star Geralt. The game should revolve around the contracts that Geralt takes and each quest should feel like a mission. Each quest should be a self contained story, which brings interesting and intriguing consequences and decisions.

If we are meant to play someone else than Geralt in TW4, then I want to play as a mage. Clearly no one can match the mastery of swordplay as Geralt does, so it's high time to allow players to fight using spells, charms and curses. Fireballs for everyone!

I love the trilogy but i'd be wary of a sequel
If it was based on Ciri, What about Geralt would he show up as a supporting character, would they bother accomodating the choices such as Yen/Triss/alone etc
What about the political ramifications that we've seen would they be overwritten.

Suppose they could base it around the notion of a prequel before Geralt and the end of the line of Witchers at Kaer Morhen.

yeah, heard the same about "sequel about ciri! yay!" its cool ya but WITCHER series are about WITCHERS,
ciri became a witcher without mutagens and that does not make her a witcher at all
(dont get me wrong, i'd love any sequel since i really love the witcher universe)

Last edited:
The Witcher 3 has a huge world and consists of multi regions, in fact the second expansion will take place in a new region/new map, I don't mind if by the end of 2016 they release a third expansion as big as the main game itself, before moving on to Cyberpunk2077. They said 2015-2016 belongs to The Witcher 3 and I don't think those two expansions will be the only expansions we will be getting.

What's weird is The Witcher 3 was announced to have 40 gigabytes installed, but it's only around 25. I bet they have more contents for the Witcher 3 aside from the already announced 2 big expansions.

I don't want to spread false rumors, it's just a hunch and personal opinion.

Ciri? She's a too OP, plus her personality is a rather boring imo.

I'd actually like a player-made character that can define their own personality.

gwynnbleid, white wolf, a character made by the players wont have names such as these that describe the player's character i dont like this idea but i guess it never hurts trying

Top Bottom