Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
i still beleive it can be reached overtime, with patches and so on, with the current hardware, but also with the upcomming new technologies comming this summer.

Speaking of patches, they sure are taking their time with the 1.05 patch, wonder what new issues it's gonna bring ?

ftfy

Metal Gear Solid V , does , too bad Kojima is leaving.
agreed. it looks like a technical marvel. seriously, it's probably the most beautiful game right beside TW3, if not more. and yes, it's sad that kojima left. v_v

now back on topic, any news concerning the 1.05 patch and its features ?
-crosses fingers for visual improvements-

agreed. it looks like a technical marvel. seriously, it's probably the most beautiful game right beside TW3, if not more. and yes, it's sad that kojima left. v_v

now back on topic, any news concerning the 1.05 patch and its features ?
-crosses fingers for visual improvements-

My guess is 1.10 will be the patch we are looking for , I could be wrong.

Just because it's low fps, doesn't mean it's great graphics. Do you know anything about anything?

A badly optimized game can look like ass AND run at 15 fps.

(Not the case here, taking it to the extreme in this example)

He's been expressing an opinion that's different to your own. Which is permitted. You don't need to agree with him, but drop the ad hominem attacks.
Sorry for the attack but it's frustrating seeing this happen. A few times now we've corrected him with citations but because it doesn't suit his view he ignores it.

The witcher 3 has amazing graphics. Just vote with your wallet for cdpr's next game and/or witcher 3 dlc as punishment for making one game and considering dumb platforms.

I can't really be disappointed at the murder rape and death of moral values by cdpr rather choosing console peasants, when as soon as you load up the game it is amazing... even what we have.

Please use my profile and your bitterness will diminish promise. Its improved from the current screenshots there but for the discussion here please try it.
http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3742/
This profile will make your game witcher instead of warcraft.

So all that's left is boycotts of gog, cdpr, paid dlc.. to repay what they did to us.. OR wait for pc features to be added back and be forgiven.

w3 is awesome!!! The wont go out of business.. all the xbox one fans who are enjoying their gwent cards will double purchase because of love i'm sure. Or microsoft marketing will compensate.

I'm happy with the graphics.

Last edited:
This shall now be known as the "2013 trailer" effect.

Do you guys really think colors are what made having those graphics/atmosphere impossible on the final version?

I think all these reshade/sweetfx profiles are silly

It is , yet its not at the same time. Reshade/SweetFX cannot bring back 2013/2014 , yet the very fact that half of these profiles have the words , Sword of Destiny/VGX/2014/2013 Shows that there are a number of people who want these graphics.

Oh don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the 2013/4 graphics and would kill for them. Yet that is not how we're going to achieve them. The sheer amount of details on Geralt and everything else is just NOT there, no matter the lighting. One can only hope CDPR will actually work on it specifically for pc. Wishful thinking considering they're probably busy with other stuff. Consoles can keep playing these Warcraft colored 2d grass graphics.

---------- Updated at 05:54 AM ----------

Why couldn't they just do what they did with TW2

Develop on PC first, push graphics to new limits, later downgrade into shitty version to run on console

Oh don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the 2013/4 graphics and would kill for them. Yet that is not how we're going to achieve them. The sheer amount of details on Geralt and everything else is just NOT there, no matter the lighting. One can only hope CDPR will actually work on it specifically for pc. Wishful thinking considering they're probably busy with other stuff. Consoles can keep playing these Warcraft colored 2d grass graphics.

---------- Updated at 05:54 AM ----------

Why couldn't they just do what they did with TW2

Develop on PC first, push graphics to new limits, later downgrade into shitty version to run on console

This was my exact question. Witcher 2 was multiplatform but the PC version didn't feel or look like that at all. All that being said though, it's hard to complain at all after I captured this shot from an amazing scene of the game:

I wonder if CDPR actually wants to do any bigger improvements in graphics since its likely that modders will take care of most of this stuff, if they release redkit in time that is. We should at least be able to work on models and improve existing ones so the amount of details is definitely gonna rise up.

Also, it seems like they had PBR in their early trailers if Im not mistaken? PBR (= Physical Based Rendering) basically makes textures and surfaces more realistic, tries to make them look like the materials theyre actually made of. Star Citizen uses that technique.
In the final game version there appear to be lots of passive and active highlights on armor, no matter the materials. To me this makes it look like most armor parts are made off of plastic. Its just a detail but compared to how his armor looked in 2013 this is just poor rendering...

I have noticed one thing, the shaders are different during conversations. Atleast for me maybe not so much when you have ultra on but if so is there someway for you to have the conversation shaders when playing normaly?

I'd also like to add that a lot of people seem to forgot what kind of technical marvel TW3 really is.

The Witcher 3 is the first game I've seen that is truly open world. You can walk from the center of Oxenfurt all the way to the center of Novigrad without a single loading screen. Meanwhile all lights and shadows are dynamic and rendered in real-time. There are no static shadows and none of the lighting is pre-baked. For those who aren't really well-versed in the technical side of game development; this is a HUGE deal. All the people who are familiar with the technical side of game development will be able to confirm how big of a deal this is and how difficult it is to pull this off without huge performance issues.

I have no evidence of this, but I believe the lighting in the 2013 trailers and the 2014 demos was actually pre-baked. It wasn't dynamic. If this is indeed the case (and again, this is just me speculating right now, I have no evidence of this) then that explains how CDPR was capable of pulling off much higher graphics in the trailers/demos than in the actual game. Introducing real-time dynamic lighting and shadows probably meant they had to downgrade some of the other features in order to make the game playable.

That's what I think. If one of you CDPR devs read this, can you please confirm if this is indeed the case or not?

Yes, this is big deal to make such big world with dynamic lighting. And I do not think there are anybody in this forum who do not know that this is big work. But again i find something strange in your post.

I do not believe that CDProject made all trailers with baked lighting. Because they said many times that we will get same graphics as trailers. Even few months before game release. So they are not stupid and they know that they can not make open world game with dynamic lighting same as baked lighting graphics. They just know that they have to downgrade for some reason and they did not say that to us. But Jose said. ;) And THX and respect to him for this.

---------- Updated at 09:38 AM ----------

I have noticed one thing, the shaders are different during conversations. Atleast for me maybe not so much when you have ultra on but if so is there someway for you to have the conversation shaders when playing normaly?

RED said that for Geralt's face they have 2 different shaders. 1 for gameplay another for conversations. But i do not remember where i read it. It is same in every game with this structure. But i do not think there are too much difference wirth shaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom