Posting instructions to help with reporting problems

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting instructions to help with reporting problems

Hi Everyone

To help The Witcher team help you with technical issues when you post here, please make sure you include the following in your message:
1. A detailed description of what your problem is (what happens, where it occurs in the game, the more details the better) along with screenshots or video of the problem if possible.
2. The platform you game on (PC, Playstation 4 or Xbox One). This is the Playstation 4 forum. If you have a PC or Xbox One issue, please post in the correct sub-forum.
3. How often it occurs. (every time I do X, only once, 3 or 4 times, it blocks my progress, etc).

The more details you can give us, the faster we will be able to investigate the issue and be able to help you.

We appreciate everyone's help. :)

繁体中文版ps4版巫师3打了1.01补丁后就不能跑步了,不打补丁能跑。
有人遇到过类似情况吗?才开始游戏,没超重。

Last edited:
I have a problem playing.

at the beginning of the game was running well in control is good.

but when i fight monsters change to walk and after that i can not change to running in the game .

i do not know how i can change my method to running

I can not complete the play

version is:1,01

Last edited:
just finished the quest to kill the royal wyvern for the phantom road quest. Couldnt use signs during the fight or after finished the quest can still not use signs and did other story progression quests. and can still not use signs. It keeps saying "you cant do that right now, or You cant do that in combat".
this is on Platystation 4 with the current released patch.

this video to understand my problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoY41Uqp-5U

I need a solution to this problem
We need responsible for technical support to respond to the game Notes

We did everything but does not have any change of method camera display

I purchased the game from the Sony store and update v 1.01 and there is no updates in the store I hope to resolve the problem quickly.

---------- Post merged on 25-05-2015 at 04:42 AM ----------

The problem has been resolved

i can run now.

Hey guys
Yesterday I dowloaded the beard and hair DLC, I continued playing and everything was fine, a couple of hours ago I started playing and once I hit Continue an error message shows up... saying I cant continue cause the DLC is missing...
I play on PS4....
I dont know what to do... anyone can help?

There's currently an issue on PS4 where the game stutters when panning the camera. I've tested the game with the latest patch installed and it still happens. What's weird is that it only seems to happen when panning the camera with the right stick at slow-medium speeds. It doesn't happen when moving the left stick on its own, which makes Geralt run in circles and thus makes the camera move too. It also happens when riding your horse, here are some videos demonstrating the issue:

[video=youtube;YL-K9UpXPPU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL-K9UpXPPU[/video]

Are you guys aware of this, and if so - when can we expect a fix? I've decide to shelve the game until the issue is resolved as it's something I'm very sensitive to and it detracts from my experience. I'm dying to play this game so I hope you guys fix it soon.

Thanks.

Last edited:
XP Bug - can't get any XP from quests or side quests. For the Second time.

Ps4 - can't get any Xp from quests or side quests, i've used an old save and it fix the problem for some time but i'm in level 15 again and the problem is back again, quest level 12,

There's currently an issue on PS4 where the game stutters when panning the camera. I've tested the game with the latest patch installed and it still happens. What's weird is that it only seems to happen when panning the camera with the right stick at slow-medium speeds. It doesn't happen when moving the left stick on its own, which makes Geralt run in circles and thus makes the camera move too. It also happens when riding your horse, here are some videos demonstrating the issue:

[video=youtube;YL-K9UpXPPU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL-K9UpXPPU[/video]

Are you guys aware of this, and if so - when can we expect a fix? I've decide to shelve the game until the issue is resolved as it's something I'm very sensitive to and it detracts from my experience. I'm dying to play this game so I hope you guys fix it soon.

Thanks.

Exactly the same problem here, great post with the examples, thank you!

The game crashes and then the savegame data is unloadable. The same happens when starting the game since the CE 34878-0 error shows up for the first time. So everytime I try to load a savegame (death, starting game, etc.), the loading screen ends with this error code, which makes the game unplayable. Starting a new game includes the same error (game crashes, saves don't load, game is useless). It happens that one savegame data is working (depends on how lucky someone is), the game load and I can play. But every single savegame I create during the gameplay is some kind of "corrupted": When I stop playing, shutting down the console and try to start again after several hours, no savegame data is loadable. I can't locate a special quest or point in the game, when this happens. For me, it looks like the saving process in general initiate the unloadable savegame datas. The 1.03 patch doesn't help, by the way. The problem is still there and very frustrating.
By the way, other games work well, the error don't shows up. Resetting the console didn't help. The same as reinstalling the game itself.

Last edited:
When does it occur?
Every time you ride your horse and walk slowly or trotting (not galloping)

Platform?
PS4 also related from PC that I know.

Bug/ glitch/ problem?

It produces stuttering. Every 1 second while you're riding your horse at walking speed, the screen freezes.

Examples?

From v1.00 to v1.03 I've noticed this very very very very very uncomfortable issue. It really kills my gaming experience because I love to go slowly through cities and villages, watching the beautiful landscape. :-

Last edited:
Im on the ps4
After the patch 1.03 the NPCs dont appear. Novigrad has become deserted. If I meditate for one hour the npcs appear. This also happens with some merchants. Has this problem been reported? Its really destroying the experience, even secondary missions that occur on the road dont appear. For example the one with that guy claiming he has a basilisk in a cage near the oxenfurt bridge but its a weavern instead. I pass by nothing there, being sceptical because of what happens in novigrad I meditate for 1 hour (it was during the day) and suddenly dozens of soldier npcs and that mission become available. This is killing the game for me. Should I reinstall? wait for a patch? I dont mind starting from scratch cause I like the game as long as there wont be such a problem. But would reinstalling solve the problem?

Problem with completing 'Empty Coop'

If you start the quest 'Empty Coop' but do not complete the quest quickly, and instead complete something else first. it will be listed as a failed quest. However if you then go on to meet the children from the the quest after you have already received the quest failed message it will be removed from the quest failed tab and instead be listed as incomplete. Yet you will be unable to complete the quest as whilst the children go to the old ladies house you cannot start the dialogue with the old lady. This has occurred during my play-through on PS4; it means that the quest cannot be completed but is not all that important in the game as a whole.

Platform: PS4. Digital copy installed to HDD (no physical disk) Noticed it on release day and is still occurring on p1.03.

Issue: The map will pop up at random, and very inconvenient times while playing.

When does it occur: It is very sporadic, and very random.. It doesn't matter what I am doing - Sprinting, in combat, riding Roach, looking through my ability points (or any of the other tabs, for that matter), etc. After having it pop up so many times, it is now my natural instinct to immediately exit and get back to the action by pressing the big touch pad (map) button. Lately, it has been popping up 1-3 times in a row (opens randomly, I close it, it pops back open AGAIN and then AGAIN almost immediately after exiting) This is happening to me A LOT. I was very surprised to not find any other reports of this in any of the threads on here. But I did manage to find at least one other report on a Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/36js8s/map_keeps_popping_up/. He explains it to happen after double tapping X to sprint, but for me, it is happening during practically any activity, apart from cut scenes when the map is unavailable to open. I am unsure if the X button is directly tied to the issue, but it does seem to occur a lot more often when the activity requires the use of the X button.

I have eliminated the factor of having a damaged/defective controller by purchasing a brand new DualShock controller and testing it. Still happening, still very, incredibly, annoying. I have not noticed any other truly bothersome issues with TW3 thus far, and can honestly say I love the game. Not even the occasional fps dip bugs me. But battling a never ending pop up of the map is making me want to scream and pull out thick locks of hair.

Dear Sir,
I have been playing your game for a while now and Ireally had no disturbances with it until now. I am playing this mission where you have to break in to the prision of Oxenfurt to save a sourceress but I just can´t climb any ledges. This is highly disturbing because I can´t do anything now, neither forward nor backward. I would be very thankfull if you could solve this problem as soon as possible. I am reallly impressed with this game it is a masterpiece.
Thank you very much if you are reading this and taking it into account.
Regards
Patrick Caffarena

Sound effects were fine on my PS4 pre patch 1.03. Now I'm missing sword strikes at random intervals, I'll hit one bad guy with every sound then the next two out of five strikes will not play. The clicking between items in menus like the bestery is erratic also.

Hello, i've noticed a few weird things going on.
So i thought, why not report em to improve the future of this game.

First off, im not sure if this is a bug or not, rather a question if its suppose to be like this, because it seems very odd.
Swallow Potion. The duration of the first rank is 20 seconds, while the enhanced version says [extended duration] and yet its still 20 seconds just like the old one. It dosent seem to be any difference between these two at all.
While the duration of Enhanced Thunderbolt increased up to 60 seconds from 20.
There are also a few other potions such as Devil's Puffball.
All 3 versions (Standard, Enhanced and Superior) has same effect/duration, while the description says it should increase.
And right below that description it says, 20 seconds /100 damage on all 3 of them.

So my question is simply if its suppose to be like this? or is this whole thing currently being worked on for a fix?

I recently found the Manuscript for Enhanced Moon Dust , at first it didnt appear in my list. I removed the first Moon Dust i had in my inventory and all of sudden Enhanced Moon Dust appeared in the list, but it disappeared again as soon as i created regular Moon Dust.

This bandit camp seems to be bugged, you are unable to obtain it no matter what you do. I've looted everything, and killed everything around the place, (not to mention there was only 1 bandit there) and yet the icon keeps appearing white on map as if it aint completed yet.
I have to point out that i tried both during night/day time.

(PS4 User)
Appreciate an answer! :victory:

Will it have a patch for the all missables gwent cards ? I really dont understand the logic...if you missed a quest with the baron, you can pick his card in his area but for the other cards you just loosed forever ? Why when you missed a card like the dandelion card, the sidequest Collect them all still active................

I'm having an issue with the main quest 'The Last Trial' at Kaer Morhen. After starting the quest and then telling Lambert to wait for me since I wanted to finish another quest first, he's no longer in the castle. According to the location finder on the minimap, he is below the point where he should be standing. So it seems he's quite literally sunken through the floor. I've tried reloading, restarting and reinstalling the game.

Here's the image. (Hope it turns out large enough.)

Attachments

• CGU97NXU8AASV0L.jpg large.jpg
    CGU97NXU8AASV0L.jpg large.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 73
To Lartz: havent been that far but as I see in the picture on the objective it says below. That means that Lambert is a floor below you check for stairs or something that is no bug
also to arccai:

---------- Updated at 11:45 AM ----------

Hello, i've noticed a few weird things going on.
So i thought, why not report em to improve the future of this game.

First off, im not sure if this is a bug or not, rather a question if its suppose to be like this, because it seems very odd.
Swallow Potion. The duration of the first rank is 20 seconds, while the enhanced version says [extended duration] and yet its still 20 seconds just like the old one. It dosent seem to be any difference between these two at all.
While the duration of Enhanced Thunderbolt increased up to 60 seconds from 20.
There are also a few other potions such as Devil's Puffball.
All 3 versions (Standard, Enhanced and Superior) has same effect/duration, while the description says it should increase.
And right below that description it says, 20 seconds /100 damage on all 3 of them.

So my question is simply if its suppose to be like this? or is this whole thing currently being worked on for a fix?

I recently found the Manuscript for Enhanced Moon Dust , at first it didnt appear in my list. I removed the first Moon Dust i had in my inventory and all of sudden Enhanced Moon Dust appeared in the list, but it disappeared again as soon as i created regular Moon Dust.

This bandit camp seems to be bugged, you are unable to obtain it no matter what you do. I've looted everything, and killed everything around the place, (not to mention there was only 1 bandit there) and yet the icon keeps appearing white on map as if it aint completed yet.
I have to point out that i tried both during night/day time.

(PS4 User)
Appreciate an answer! :victory:

I had the same thing happen at a different camp. That one you are now I completed without problem. Ever since patch 1.03 the npc spawning behaviour has fucked up the game. not all bandits spawned so you cant finish that camp. Though you could try meditating for an hour at the spot, this helps in other places were merchants or other npcs dont appear unless you meditate for an hour

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom