Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
not only Redkit is not even confirmed, but ther's very little hope to get better graphics with mods from what i could look into the files structure in general

not only Redkit is not even confirmed, but ther's very little hope to get better graphics with mods from what i could look into the files structure in general
actually, the REDkit 2 was confirmed last year (during gamescom 2014 i think ?) by official statements but also during multiple interviews. as for the files not being very mod friendly, i don't know. perhaps it'll be fixed with patches ? or maybe the modders will find something they can manipulate in there ?

they said " maybe " they will release it, not 100% sure

But how they can say this. They confirmed it many many times and even said that they will not keep it long how it was with witcher 2. And even i think Jose said that they work on interface of redkit and they want to make redkit easy to use. Because now it is very complex. Or am I wrong?

But how they can say this. They confirmed it many many times and even said that they will not keep it long how it was with witcher 2. And even i think Jose said that they work on interface of redkit and they want to make redkit easy to use. Because now it is very complex. Or am I wrong?
i can confirm that i remember hearing him say this before ^^

You cannot prebake anything that is not static, not on UE4 , not on any engine. Also, it does not make sense to use prebake lightings (apart from things like AO) if you are going to use dynamic lightings, then it doesn't in any way to show gamepalying using prebake lightings.

The lightings on the characters in 2014 demo is clearly better than the finish product is also evident that the complete lighting renderer have change. (The final lighting in W3 looks like a UE3 game or WItcher 3 with more details, than a next gen Ue4 or Frostbite engined game). I know Unity uses a lot of prebake lighting, but you cannot argue that the charcters are also better lited compared to W3, which looks flat. So its not just about W3 not using prebake, that the characters & environment looks flats.

W3 do looks great, but the flat lighting in the final product is kinda a shame given the amount of details on the meshes the artists put into the game.

Most CG artists will agree than the rendering (which is mostly lightings) is 50% of the final result. The difefrences between a properly lited scene & one that isnt is massive.

Last edited:
CDPR, give us some sort of confirmation that you're working on restoring the graphical fidelity to the point where it starts to resemble a PC game

+1. We have speculated that they'd probably fix the graphics by new patches yet there have been no official extensive comments made by CDPR that they are indeed working on that. Instead some tweet that the main focus now is DLCs and Expansions.

You cannot prebake anything that is not static, not on UE4 , not on any engine. Also, it does not make sense to use prebake lightings (apart from things like AO) if you are going to use dynamic lightings, then it doesn't in any way to show gamepalying using prebake lightings.

If I do not understand you wrong you made mistake. You can bake light with movable meshes in UE4. I mean you can use dynamic mesh and still use baked light. But not baked shadow. You must disable static shadow on mesh. And use dynamic shadow instead of that.But still baked light.

If I do not understand you wrong you made mistake. You can bake light with movable meshes in UE4. I mean you can use dynamic mesh and still use baked light. But not baked shadow. You must disable static shadow on mesh. And use dynamic shadow instead of that.But still baked light.

Really. When you put an object in the world, you have to declared if the object is static or dynamic, & dynamic objects will not be baked, & have shadow backed onto other object. Even if possible to bake light, it doesn't make sense,since an objects & light have a positional relation, if you move an object, the lighting that cast on it changes, unless you have only static directional light.

But I took a long break from UE4, to focus on making game asserts, so many things might have changes, & you could be right.

Is there a "game building for dummies" book?
I want to understand better the effects that were removed. I know the basics of polygon modelling and light sources but tessellation meshes, volumetrics, and stuff . I have no idea of the amount of work that goes into it.
I want to understand better what I'm expecting CDPR to do.

Really. When you put an object in the world, you have to declared if the object is static or dynamic, & dynamic objects will not be baked, & have shadow backed onto other object. Even if possible to bake light, it doesn't make sense,since an objects & light have a positional relation, if you move an object, the lighting that cast on it changes, unless you have only static directional light.

But I took a long break from UE4, to focus on making game asserts, so many things might have changes, & you could be right.

Sorry for of topic post moderators. My last.

Yes. You are right. My english is not so good. There is 2 type of setting for meshes. If you chose dynamic setting for mesh you can move that mesh even in baked lighting scene. But you must turn off the static shadow of that mesh and use dynamic shadow. But if you use static mesh setting then you can not move that mesh.I did not use UE3 so I do not know how it was before. But now you can use dynamic mesh in baked light scene. So now the light and shadow both can be dynamic and static separately.

But in W3 there is not any baked light. And we can see some meshes cast shadow and some don't with same light source. And some light surce doesn't cast shadows totally too. And DEVs even use emmisive color to mimic the light too.For example the lantern of gosts.I am not sure 100% but i think gost's lanterns use green emissive color not light.

actually, the REDkit 2 was confirmed last year (during gamescom 2014 i think ?) by official statements but also during multiple interviews. as for the files not being very mod friendly, i don't know. perhaps it'll be fixed with patches ? or maybe the modders will find something they can manipulate in there ?

Ohh ok that's fine then, it's definitely confirmed, because they totally would not lie to us.
Oh wait...

Which is worse, counting on modders to fix the game for you or making promises you can't keep? :hmm:

Someone oughta remake this game in TW2 engine and it will look better. *-* g fuckin g

The sad thing about the game industry, is very few things can be taken as face value. Saying REDkit 2 is confrim just means its under consideration, thats all, & should be reada as such until we get more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom