• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
I would like the various undiscovered areas to have a suggested level number attached to them. Its a bit frustrating travelling to a question mark only to discover it requires level 40 and you are level 15. Currently, I am not aware of the possibility to know what level of the various monsters etc at these locations.

Hi,

i have been playing Witcher3 now for about 40 hours and i wanted to give some feedback and huge thanks for this amazing game. I have been playing games for over 20 years and this one already made it into my top 5 of all time.
World of Witcher3 is such an amazing place and i enjoy so much coming back there every day for past week. I also wanted to give some feedback and my thoughts on the game along the praise you so well deserve.

I am game programmer myself so i tried to make the feedback a bit constructive hopefully. I am aware most of this feedback is in no way applicable at this stage as possible fix, but perhaps could be changed for next witcher :).

-Character controls are very heavy, navigating the character into gate or small narrow space can a bit messy at times. Same for horse. My guess is that this is caused by smoothness of character movements, i would take a bit better responsivness over the smoothnes, tho thats my personal preference.
-when player runs/walks for a longer period and will let go off joystick for a small amount of time, Geralt should not stop running. I need to rest my thumb or just readjust for a split second but Geralt goes immediately to full stop.
-looting/picking up stuff is rather annoying, player has to face the loot, be at right distance, not too close etc. some area collider/check for the loot would be better, for example if there is loot available in the area, show option to loot
and show all available loot in the area ( some small area, few meters ), player then can loot more things at once. After 40 hours it gets very tedious to loot every sack, box i see, but i still do it, since i pretty much have to it ( and want to ).
-inventory, menus load realy slow, they should be swappable with L1/R1 or L2/R2 so player doesnt have to go up again through the dozens of things through menu if he wants to go to quest items for example, but just quickly swap with R1 for example
faster loading could be done by not loading all the items in inventory as soon as menu is switched, but wait for half second or similar to allow for quick swap to next subcategory ( weapons, usable, etc. )
-there should be more subcategories in menu, i think that it is in usable menu where i have 10 oils at top, then 100 books, then potions etc. so i if i want to apply potion or just access it, i have to switch menu category, scroll down through
hundred items, apply potion ( or assign it to slot ), the scroll back, then go to other subcategory if i want to. So subcategory, like books, oils, potions etc would be much preferable in the usable menu.
-i would love to be able to order items in menus by weight, price, etc.
-alchemy system, i am not sure if i like the idea that once you create one item you have it all the time and you just replenish it with alcohol. it renders picking up dozens of ingredients from killed monsters obsolete in a way, since
you need only few. If you would make the alchemy items you can make ( potions, decotions, oils ) a bit easier to create ( cheaper on items ) and require to use always the same igredients when you want to make new ones, it would make
more interesting looting all killed monsters and picking up all the flowers, it would actualy make sense and would be needed to do, which player does anyway, cause he is not sure if already has that or if he will not need more, but he
will not need 90% of those things and they just sit in the inventory. Would be more enjoyable if you could be spending those items
-combat system is realy fun, but the Quen ruins it quite a bit, for me at least. I am playing on Blood and Broken Bones and the combat is rather easy because of the Quen. Now, i dont mean that the game is easy or that the difficulty isnt
hard enough, it is and enemies can be tough and i can die once in a while, but the problem is that i die mostly because i am impatient and i just dont apply the quen before i jump onto the enemy. If i do that i can take down pretty much
enemy since i am invincible. I am level20 but i can easily beat level30 enemy if i am patient and apply always quen after i get hit even tho he can kill me with one hit. So my each fight looks like, use Quen, do 2-3 hits or more until i get hit, move away, use quen, repeat.
And its a bit pity because other spells are good as well and are quite useful but Quen is so overpowered in any combat situation on top of it with its alternative mode that you pretty much have to use it if you want to get out of combat
without any damage taken ( which is preferable on this difficulty ). So all in all, i think nerfing the Quen so that it doesnt reflect all damage but some percentage of the damage taken would be preferable and would make for more challenging
and fun combat. Right if i want to make the combat more enjoyable i wilingly wont use Quen.
-fast travel, i would definitely prefer if i could fast travel at any point to fast travel location. The need to go to the travel posts is just rather time consuming, since i always have to open map ( which could load faster ), find closest
travel sign, place marker, close map, travel to the sign ( minimap doesnt show navigation to placed markers which would be also good to be able to switch from the quest ), then open map with travel sign, then finaly go to location i want to.
This makes traveling a bit annoying and more time consuming then it could be without any benefits. If it was done for the sake of forcing player to explore the area more i dont think that helps. If you want to travel somewhere else, you are not willing
to explore as much, you want to get as fast as possible to the travel sign and it means you need to go back to the location you already been to. Personaly for me this didnt yield single time to explore area when i wanted to fast travel somewhere, as i want to fast travel, not explore. So just being able to fast travel from my map to any travel singpost at any time would be much more preferable and i would be much more prone to explore areas actualy with question marks. Now i dont
because its a bit annoying to fast travel for me because of time it takes.
-loading should be faster. Now i understand how ignorant feedback this is, but it is realy problem. In such an open world where you want to be free to go anywhere you want to, you dont just jump between areas as much because you are aware
of the loading times, which basicly prohibits one of the main aspects of the game which is exploring. I would explore much more if i had fast travel from my map and shorter loading times.

-map, i would love to be able to see all my quests on my map if i wanted to. I can be roaming around quest i am already on, but i dont know a bit. Also being able to filter the things should be done in opposite way, i want to see only blacksmiths for example, not disable blacksmiths, there is zero benefit for me in disabling blacksmiths and huge benefit in seeing only blacksmiths on the map.

-minimap, would be nice to be able to switch pathfinding between quest and marker. Also dont remove the marker once i get on its location, this means you can miss being on the marker unless you watch the minimap all the time

-witcher mode, amazing idea and works amazingly as detective mode, but is dumbing down the looting. Any new area i enter i have witcher mode on so i can see the loot, but because in witcher mode you have distorted vision i dont get to see the area all that well. It makes me rather sad because instead of enjoying the visuals i am so often in witcher mode looking for glowing boxes instead of looking around the are or the room i am in. If i could just scan the are with the witcher sense and it would leave the loot glowing on for a longer time in the normal mode, that would be so much preferable. So bigger area for scanning the loot so i can scan almost the whole room and leave the glow on for much longer. Then i could walk around the area/room and also enjoy the room and see the amazing visuals you made and not only run from one glowing box to the other.

I think this pretty much sums up all the feedback i can give. Beyond this i think the game is perfect and absolute blast. It just saddens that to me personaly if these things were fixed, it would be easily the best rpg i have ever played. As
you can see all of those are rather miner issues, and they dont affect in a big way how much i enjoy the game as the core of the game is so well done. And most of all, all these are personal preference, they would make the game better for me, perhaps not so much for someone else. So thanks again for a brilliant game, it has been blast so far.

REQUEST: Crafting Archive.

Reason: crafting section gets too crowded when filled with all random items you never going to use again, like low level gear. Would have been great if we could archive these items out of sight in a sort of book. If we need these items again, we just open a book and it contains all these old diagrams and formulas.

This would really complement the already fantastic and extensive crafting system in W3, please implement it ASAP.

Wow dude you've really given this some thought :) Personally most of these things would make the game too annoying for me, but I respect people who like it proper hard core :)

Yes, it probably would for many people and I'd understand if it did; this is definitely not for everyone. I suppose if I could make a module myself, some day, the one thing I'd start with is a Compass as the only gui object on my screen as I play for better map making outside the game. ~laughs~

Uhm. It's interesting, and you have done a great work in terms of brainstorming.
It's very complex.

Just a thing. You can't disable all the quest markers without improve the quest journal.
That journal expecially needs more effort. Sadly all the quests are designed with quest markers in mind, so...devs needs to rework all of them. And they should rework even the witcher senses to make them less hand-holding. Those are the things that really pissed me off.
And I still don't realize was the point in the monster's nest. Are simply a useless way to fill the world. But devs could make them like a monster contract (as it was in TW2) and in this way add more variety to those sidequests.

Request: Quest design enhancement

It's very simple, actually. All quests are designed with quest markers in mind. It's a very bad design choice, because you can't follow a quest without them. Dialogues didn't give you enough info, and the quest journal is full of useless descriptions, but without the necessary info about the quest.
If you wanted to please the mass market, you've chosen the wrong way. It was better to design the quest with proper dialogues and quest journal, adding an optional quest marker. even the contracts on the notice board don't give to the player enough informations to find the contractor without the quest marker.
The other problem is about the witcher senses. A good idea with a bad implementation. They are too hand holding, where you have to follow a single trail with your brain off, from A to B. And...there is a simple way to fix it. Just, give different trails with different footsteps, in which you have to recognize the right one on your own, seeing an example of footstep from the bestiary. And, just...disable the red hint for the quest objects. Just one yellow colour is enough.

So, please, put more effort in this. Because it is pity...a wasted occasion to create a good open world RPG.

This is a more serious problem then a storage chest, first person view, NG+ and other bullshits..

Sadly all the quests are designed with quest markers in mind, so...devs needs to rework all of them. And they should rework even the witcher senses to make them less hand-holding. Those are the things that really pissed me off.

I'm seeing a pride-issue forming on these forums and this comment will continually be bashed as incorrect (and not just by players). I share your views on this and would of 100% agreed with this statement if 'all' was simply changed to 'many'. =)

Right now what I'd love to see more than anything is more HUD customization options. (For console players at any rate, I'm fairly sure that PC players have a host of great HUD customization options)
Witcher 3 is jaw-dropping gorgeous and immersive like nothing I've played before. What often breaks that for me is always having instructions in the lower-right hand corner telling me how to jump, sprint, use my Witcher sense, and call my horse. I'd REALLY like to be able to turn that off! At almost 40 hours in, I know how to sprint and jump :p

Also it'd be fantastic if we could have the option to have our mini-map and objectives fade in and out. Perhaps they could only show up when we're on horseback, when we sprint, or press a certain button, something like that. I have the mini-map turned off at the moment. Because when it's turned on, I end up playing the mini map moreso than playing Geralt. On the plus side, this helps me immerse myself in Witcher 3's amazing world, on the downside I'm constantly having to open my world map to check if I'm going in the right direction! A middle ground would be great.

I'm seeing a pride-issue forming on these forums and this comment will continually be bashed as incorrect (and not just by players). I share your views on this and would of 100% agreed with this statement if 'all' was simply changed to 'many'. =)

Well...I didn't see a single quest so far that gives to you enough info to be completed without markers.
I'm at Novigrad and I finished the main quest in there.

Can you give me an...opposite example?

Well...I didn't see a single quest so far that gives to you enough info to be completed without markers.
I'm at Novigrad and I finished the main quest in there.

Can you give me an...opposite example?

Sure, I believe one of them was called Finding the Witch. That one is very well done to lead you to Keira Metz.

One that nearly requires the tracker (or in my case a dedicated 12-15 hours of exploration) is the quest a priest of the internal flame asks you to burn corpses. I would imagine most players use the tracking for that one.

Sure, I believe one of them was called Finding the Witch. That one is very well done to lead you to Keira Metz.

Oh, yeah, it's right, I remember. Yeah, that quest gives you enough info. That is...how all quests should be done.

One that nearly requires the tracker (or in my case a dedicated 12-15 hours of exploration) is the quest a priest of the internal flame asks you to burn corpses. I would imagine most players use the tracking for that one.

Yeah, that is impossible to complete without markers.

And I forgot to mention the treasure hunting. No clue of where to go except for the quest markers which indicate to you the right place.
What's kind of hunting is supposed to be that????

jumping damage

i jumped a small ladder and i almost died. what the hell! i didnt know you can die from 5 feet...
FIX IT!

Small rant/ things i'd like to see fixed

Hey everyone !
So first of all sorry if this isnt the right place to post it but i want as much people to see it as possible ! :) and hopefully as much devs as possible ! :p
Anyway
The Witcher 3 is one of the best (if not THE BEST) games i'v played in my lifetime ! the game has such depth and you can really see the effort that was put into it. Im a person who usually doesnt buy games but in this case i just knew the game would turn out awesome so ofcourse i preordered it

but theres a few small things that me personally and hopefully some others of you would want to get fixed/ changed

- Fall Damage so as i heard in TW2 geralt wasnt able to jump at all (thankfully we're able now lol) but when we for example drop of some ladders into the basement or jump off a small cliff, Geralt takes massive damage
i mean i do parkour in real life and trust me that there's ways to neglect damage (for example rolling)
but a witcher should have such problems to begin with, right ? :p

- Public enemy number #1 so after playing for 62 hours already i noticed that if you come across two different kind of enemies (or groups of enemies) they'll both prioritize geralt and basically gang up on him
which imo is fine as long as its humans and nonhuman beings but i dont think monsters are that clever to let their rage focus just on him, what do you guys think ? it kinda sucked when i got attacked by 12 wild dogs and 6 drowners at the same time, really dont like that in games

- Camera depression overall i love the camera but at some point i want to look right above or right underneath me and i cant because the camera simply doesnt go that far

basically this are the main 3 things that bother me
nontheless i give this game a freaking 11/10 because its so good

- Fall Damage so as i heard in TW2 geralt wasnt able to jump at all (thankfully we're able now lol) but when we for example drop of some ladders into the basement or jump off a small cliff, Geralt takes massive damage
i mean i do parkour in real life and trust me that there's ways to neglect damage (for example rolling)
but a witcher should have such problems to begin with, right ? :p

Press the jump button twice just before you hit the ground to roll and avoid majority of damage from fall.

Then let me summarize why I assumed this was a joke: 1. the need to fall is rare occurrence in this game, 2. if you do fall and die you can simply reload the last save, 3. the OP mentioned "almost" so therefore didn't even require a thread to be created, 4. this wasn't even about actually falling and seems to be pointing out a bug of jumping "over" something (a small ladder), 5. What is the OP really trying to express? no idea because he mentions he "almost died" then follows up with "I didn't know you can" thus creating confusion, 6. see entry #1.

Top Bottom