Witcher 3 PC price at big retailers ranges from 28 to 60 Euro

+
Witcher 3 PC price at big retailers ranges from 28 to 60 Euro

Hi,

What is the official price of standard W3 PC version? It there any?
Steam sells it for 59,99 Euro
Amazon.de or Saturn.de sells it for 44,99 Euro
GOG.com sells it for 39,99 Euro
Saturn.pl sells it for 28,81 Euro (119 PLN). The 119 PLN are listed as the normal price, no discount/red price.

Some online shops sell the box version even as low as 26 Euro, but let’s just focus on the huge retailers, where you can be sure it’s no fake or against the law.
Now why these huge price differences? Why would anybody buy the game on Steam? It Steam using their monopoly/dominant position to charge more and therefore they are ripping us off?
Have only checked USA, UK, German and Polish prices. Not sure what it costs elsewhere, but as for the low price in Poland this isn’t a currency fluctuation problem. The conversion rate of PLN to Euro was stable with max changes of +/- 4,3% in the last 2 years.

Another think is that I red in an stock price evaluation report for CDP, that they only earned an average of 6,10 Euro per Witcher 2 unit sold, put will probably earn 8,60 Euro per Witcher 3 unit sold. Didn't know developers earn so little, will definately buy the expansion pack from GOG, so they get the full amoutn.

STEAM have always been a rip off. Their prices are outrageously high unless they're having a sale. Amazon has always been the best place for new games because they pay no tax whatsoever and pass those savings on to customers, unlike STEAM who pay no tax but still charge scandalous prices.

What puzzled me was seeing the PC box for 59,99€ right next to the console boxes for 69,99€. People really pay 70 bucks for a video game? Do the console manufacturers take such a big cut?

GOG €39.99? I paid GOG £49.99, that's just a tad over €70, why are people in the UK being charged that much?

GOG €39.99? I paid GOG £49.99, that's just a tad over €70, why are people in the UK being charged that much?
Really, hard to belive. Did you buy the one without the DLCs? The 2 DLC's cost an extra 25 Euro, so it's 64,99 Euro for Witcher 3 and 2 DLC.

GOG has a fair price police, you should be able to get a refund:
http://www.gog.com/support/policies/gog_user_agreement

6.5. The Fair Price Package applies to all of the titles which we couldn't include in our standard pricing scheme. If you end up paying more for a game in your local currency than its US price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket.

Really, hard to belive. Did you buy the one without the DLCs? The 2 DLC's cost an extra 25 Euro, so it's 64,99 Euro for Witcher 3 and 2 DLC.

GOG has a fair price police, you should be able to get a refund:
http://www.gog.com/support/policies/gog_user_agreement

6.5. The Fair Price Package applies to all of the titles which we couldn't include in our standard pricing scheme. If you end up paying more for a game in your local currency than its US price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket.

The base game, I just checked my account and they gave me £10 credit supposedly to make up the difference, that's better than nothing but it still means the money is their pocket, not mine. And at £39.99 it still works out as €56, way above the €39.99.

I've bought from Gog and i remember it was fairly cheap. i think 36 euro. but it was preorder so -4euro reduction if i'm right, so the normal price is 40euro.
I like the GoG client. it's simple fast to use and the overlay doesn't have issues like steams. only issue i found was a problem with samsung magician.

steam is a ripoff. I stopped buying steam games for this reason. totally pointless to pay valve 20 euro more for literally nothing. they are adding extra drm protection, their overlay is bugged 90% of time, they charge more money. No thank you.

at £39.99 it still works out as €56, way above the €39.99.
Ask GOG. They need to refund you the full diffrence between the british pound and USD price. 44,49 USD is 29,15 pound, so they should refund you 20,74 pounds, not 10...
CDP is the best developers towards players, but I see more and more signs that worry me.

Ask GOG. They need to refund you the full diffrence between the british pound and USD price. 44,49 USD is 29,15 pound, so they should refund you 20,74 pounds, not 10...
CDP is the best developers towards players, but I see more and more signs that worry me.

Thanks for the numbers, yeah I think I'm going to get onto them.

The regular price on GoG is €59,99.

When you own The Witcher and The Witcher 2 on GoG, you get a discount and also for pre-order. I paid €16,20 less. Also you get the store discount for the fair price deal, to compensate for the different pricing in Dollar and Euro.

The regular price on GoG is €59,99.

When you own The Witcher and The Witcher 2 on GoG, you get a discount and also for pre-order. I paid €16,20 less. Also you get the store discount for the fair price deal, to compensate for the different pricing in Dollar and Euro.

For me GOG shows a regular price of 39,99 Euro or 44,99 USD. And I do not own W1 or W2 on GOG. If I log out it's still 39,99 Euros.
But their policy says that they want to sell games for the same price to everybody and when they cannot, they will refund the diffrence, so nobody should pay more than 39,99 Euro or 44,99 USD.

Last edited:
Ever since STEAM changed the currency to CAD$ games have become severely overpriced, like Witcher being $60 and on GOG $46. Technically speaking, this doesn't make too much sense since $60 has always been regular price for a game, but the games insanely more affordable through GOG (As expected) however, majority of Publishers have their games listed $70 instead of $60 or #27.99 instead of $24.99.

Games at retail, like Witcher 3, are actually $80 including taxes, such as Wal-mart or EBGames. On PSN the games $70 without tax.

Games will soon retail at $80 WITHOUT TAX if our dollar continues to go lower by helping 'Murica with her debt, making games $90 in total at retail.

Only GOG seems to not include other region currencies?

Ever since STEAM changed the currency to CAD$ games have become severely overpriced, like Witcher being $60 and on GOG $46. Technically speaking, this doesn't make too much sense since $60 has always been regular price for a game, but the games insanely more affordable through GOG (As expected) however, majority of Publishers have their games listed $70 instead of $60 or #27.99 instead of $24.99.

Games at retail, like Witcher 3, are actually $80 including taxes, such as Wal-mart or EBGames. On PSN the games $70 without tax.

Games will soon retail at $80 WITHOUT TAX if our dollar continues to go lower by helping 'Murica with her debt, making games $90 in total at retail.

Only GOG seems to not include other region currencies?

It has nothing to do with the the economy why video games cost more than inflation. It's directly related to EA!!!! and other BIG publishers There is even a HUGE article about it, EA / Activision, etc.. keeps raising the price 5 dollars and then gets millions of copies sold so all the other companies go "oh we can make more to fund our game" and they all charge the same price changing the standard price for video games...
You guys need to read about this stuff before you say why :p

@RedBehrend Really? I just assumed it as such since prices and cost of living just keeps raising due to our dollar, apparently, being worthless cause, you know, GOTTA HELP OUR NEIGHBOURS cause DEBT and such.

But that oddly makes more sense. Fucking NoVision scumbag exploiting pieces of Kotick shit...

For me GOG shows a regular price of 39,99 Euro or 44,99 USD. And I do not own W1 or W2 on GOG. If I log out it's still 39,99 Euros.
But their policy says that they want to sell games for the same price to everybody and when they cannot, they will refund the diffrence, so nobody should pay more than 39,99 Euro or 44,99 Euro.

Can you show me a screenshot of that? Because when I log out, it is still €59,99 for me:

View attachment 15467

Attachments

• witchergog.png
    witchergog.png
    48 KB · Views: 40
@AudreyWinter YES! You must! That is really messed up. CD Projekt and GOG in general seem to respect region fairness, so this is really out of WHACK!

Also, 60 EUR is 80 CAD. Well then... good to know...

That explains why all the imports I want are EXPENSIVE AS HELL!

Top Bottom