Person in distress in velen no key bug

+
I'm having the same problem, the level 10 leader on my game is gone so no key like every one here but i have a problem that none here is talking about in my game the cage is empty there is no one inside so no Leader, no key and no one in the cage wtf please help.... P.S. I'm on PS4

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

We are aware of this issue (despawning bandits/ lack of key) and currently working on a solution. Fix for this will arrive along with one of the upcoming patches.

Happy hunting, witchers!

Any update on this one please? One of the merchants I'm unable to free happens to sell Gwent cards for the quest / trophy.

Last edited:
Any update on this one please? One of the merchants I'm unable to free happens to sell Gwent cards for the quest / trophy.

I cant buy rare card from merchants at claywich because i cant recuse him at Bandit's Camp because there's no key lol I hope they will fix it asap so i can have my platinum trophy... sorry for my bad english.

I have the same problem the only difference is that I believe I have the key in my inventory the key is labeled "Bandit's Key" and I know I've had it since sometime in the beginning of the game the main thing is that I can't seem to get the game to recognize that I have the key and it states that "Locked Key Required" for the cage and subsequently does not open I'm way to far into the game to go back to a previous save so that's not a work around as a few people have stated to work or going to the right side of the cage and facing the door to open it nor have I been able to find one on my own and if it makes a difference to anyone reading or the tech team attempting to fix it I'm on PS4

I have the same problem the only difference is that I believe I have the key in my inventory the key is labeled "Bandit's Key" and I know I've had it since sometime in the beginning of the game the main thing is that I can't seem to get the game to recognize that I have the key and it states that "Locked Key Required" for the cage and subsequently does not open I'm way to far into the game to go back to a previous save so that's not a work around as a few people have stated to work or going to the right side of the cage and facing the door to open it nor have I been able to find one on my own and if it makes a difference to anyone reading or the tech team attempting to fix it I'm on PS4

I also tried getting a key from another camp and trying to open it, no luck. I'm desperate to get to that NPC. I've tried the side cage too but couldn't get that to work. Wasted the camp for hours maybe hoping a key would drop.

Last edited:
I love you guys, but I love Gwent more, any update on a potential fix release?

Last edited:
No update from cdpr at all, i guess they want us play another playthrough and collect all gwent card again just for their huge mistake ?

Last edited:
Any updates?

As I cannot get all the gwent cards as the Person in distress at the bandit camp is stuck in a cage and the key is missing, he holds the last two remaining gwent cards that I require to 100% the game.

The two cards are: Sweers and Puttkammer

Can you please confirm that you will be fixing it? I also hope that it doesn't matter that i've killed all the bandits already, I really don't want to have to replay the entire game just to get this final trophy.

Found the key, but the trader keeps spawning in the cage over and over, and the marker is still in the cage. next to the hanged mans tree, annoying.
Hope it gets fixed. Other than that no bugs for me yet.

1.04 PC and this is so annoying at least they say they are aware but damn this is killing the completeness in me. If you face the cage and it says its locked the bandit boss should re-spawn you have the key it unlocks quest done but open world + move-able quest item droppers = glitches I know but please fix it it in 1.05

I am also having this problem, and until it gets patched, I think I found a temporary solution to the problem. Hopefully this helps some of you, I am still having trouble getting the merchant to show up at his house after I rescue him. (None of the following are my own words. I found this off a link which I will include at the bottom of this response.) Here it is:

"I had to start a new game 3 times b4 I figured out how to bypass the "Claywich merchant glitch".

The Bandit Camp is on the large Island roughly 640m SE of Crows Perch Fast Travel in Velen. It has a single bridge connecting it to the larger mass of Velen's land.

Here are the steps that I have successfully used in order to ensure a key is located.

1)1st off you HAVE to start a new game

2)Be sure to SAVE BEFORE the game has "located" the Person in Distress camp.( I saved about 65m away from it)
(if you die and it has been located already -the key will NOT be found) -(saving b4 you have located allows you to reload if you do die)

3)DO NOT under ANY circumstances allow the Bandit Leader to leave your sight
(if he leaves your site then there is a good chance he will disappear=no key)

4)kill everyone --be sure that the bandit leader dies and you don't

IF you have been successfull thus far --CONGRATULATIONS!!! BUT--YOU AREN'T done yet!!!

You will still need to follow the merchant back to the village to make sure he gets there. Which brings me to step:

5)SAVE your game and Do NOT unlock the cage until 2 things have been done 1st:
1-Go kill the drowners and bandits at the bridge (which gives you a cut-scene)
2-NOW you can release him ( if you don't kill the bandits and drowners he most likely will either get scared or just stop walking and will NEVER make it to Claywitch if this happens)

6) Follow far enough away back behind him and avoid any conflicts that could arise.

7)Now once he stops you can immediately buy his cards and play him for another.

Pat yourself on the back for a job WELL-DONE!!!"

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/...erchant-how-get-him-even-though-glitches.html

bandits camp person disstress no key

Can you please make the card's the claywich person in disstress sells/gives away afther beating him availlable from an other npc? Or could you let the bandit leader who's suppost to drop the key to his cage respawn at the bandit's camp?
I cant complete the collect m all trophy without them and i dont want to restart the game just because of this!

Can you please make the card's the claywich person in disstress sells/gives away afther beating him availlable from an other npc? Or could you let the bandit leader who's suppost to drop the key to his cage respawn at the bandit's camp?
I cant complete the collect m all trophy without them and i dont want to restart the game just because of this!

Another issue is that the Claywich merchant won't have interact with you even if you manage to rescue him and get him back to Claywich. He'll just stand there outside his house without an interaction button above his head.

Having the same problem on X1. I'm killing everyone, even the bandyta that are highlighted on red and theres still no key to be found :/

Top Bottom