Is there any cool armor?

+
Is there any cool armor?

I just saw the thread "Worst looking armor you've found" and to be honest, I've seen very few appealing armors in this game. To be honest the only armors that I thought were nice were Nilfgaardian, hunter and superior Urisine. So, has anyone found some really cool looking armour?

The cat armor is pretty cool, if it's design wasn't so cluttered and busy.

kaer morhen armor, bear school set (artwork looked way better tho) cidarian cavalry chest plate (doesnt make you as fat as nilfgaardian chest plates because its a medium armor if im not mistaken)

Last edited:
Outside of Kaer Morhen and Temerian I haven't seen a single chest piece that I liked... unlike TW2 which was teaming with excellent armors imho. One of numerous steps back in the game. Really makes me realize I probably don't want to see HL3.

Hmmmm, you see that's where I think the issue lies. Cat armor had the potential to be great, but it was rushed and overdone. I really wasn't too impressed with the armor in this game.

The base Cat gear looked like it could be something pretty cool, maybe reaching the level of style of some of the TW2 armors, but they ended up just slapping a bunch of pointless things on it, making it very visually busy and just ruining what could have been. The collar it gets at max level is alright, would have preferred fur like the Bear armor was SUPPOSED to have.

---------- Updated at 08:39 PM ----------

Outside of Kaer Morhen and Temerian I haven't seen a single chest piece that I liked... unlike TW2 which was teaming with excellent armors imho. One of numerous steps back in the game. Really makes me realize I probably don't want to see HL3.

TW3 has this feeling of being heavily rushed in every single aspect except the story, acting, graphics and music, everything else is way below CDPR's standards.

The base Cat gear looked like it could be something pretty cool, maybe reaching the level of style of some of the TW2 armors, but they ended up just slapping a bunch of pointless things on it, making it very visually busy and just ruining what could have been. The collar it gets at max level is alright, would have preferred fur like the Bear armor was SUPPOSED to have.

---------- Updated at 08:39 PM ----------

TW3 has this feeling of being heavily rushed in every single aspect except the story, acting, graphics and music, everything else is way below CDPR's standards.

I completely agree. This seems to be the case with all armors in TW3.

@chrissr disagree on many negatives you pointed out, but I can agree on several aspects overlooked completely, and the game somewhat suffers from this.

Thankfully one of the most important aspects of the game, Story, Characters and Music HAS NOT been overlooked.

That would be like playing a Metal Gear game and the direction and story, and characters are flat and lack substance.

band ard plate is my favorite because it actually looks like armor, not a heavy metal costume.

also, why do most of the hand armors have that glove sticking out the back? kind of ruins the assault gauntlet and other metal based glove armors.

Last edited:
I completely agree. This seems to be the case with all armors in TW3.

Bear 1 and 2 just looks so stylish

while 3 and 4 just go kinda silly. I mean really, two metal rings on the chestpiece, that's somehow supposed to count as ringmail now, and what's up with that puke colored scarf?

I've been extremely stubborn trying to stick with armour that DOESN'T give Geralt a beer belly. It's really, really ugly and distracting, and takes away from his rather excellent figure.

I've been extremely stubborn trying to stick with armour that DOESN'T give Geralt a beer belly. It's really, really ugly and distracting, and takes away from his rather excellent figure.

Yeah, I hated that as well. I'm very disappointed with armor design in this game. I wonder what happened with all those good looking leather jackets we had in TW2.

I understand the Medieval theme of the series, especially showcased with Witcher 3. However, seeing as this is a fantasy world they could have at least offered more designs around Geralt to look like a badass Monster Slayer. Everyone else can have beer bellies and ugliness. I want Geralt to look awesomesauce.

Try master crafted Ursarin heavy armor. It looks the est in my opinion and the one I use, heck the game practivally forces you to use it for the best stuff. Kinda stupid CDPR said that the best gear in the entire game is the crafted stuff, but it ALL stops at level 31 for the crafted armor. Yet the weapons stop at level 30 (don't use the harpy it sucks and can't be compared to the ursarine master crafted level 30 stuff with it's buffs).

You know something that's really unfair?

Look at this familiar looking jacket that our main boy Eskel is rocking!

Lambert isn't far behind on stylish Witcher's clothing either! Seems like Geralt is the only one who doesn't quite fit the dress code anymore.

Yes, this ones crafted and am only level 18. Medium set

Attachments

• witcher3 2015-05-29 03-20-25-72.jpg
    witcher3 2015-05-29 03-20-25-72.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 569
Top Bottom