Level 70 max

+
Than they lied because every single live game play and announcement about levels says there are unlimited levels but the soft cap is 50 where you stop gaining skill points. So explain that one?
Not sure about any soft caps ... but as someone mentioned above, the official strategy guide has a table showing XP level requirements and skill point rewards up to level 70.

Not sure about any soft caps ... but as someone mentioned above, the official strategy guide has a table showing XP level requirements and skill point rewards up to level 70.

I believe it can go as high as they want, but 70 is such a redic cap as it is with the first release content I wouldn't worry.

If you need to know so bad and you'll be destitute without this knowledge just slap the cheat engine on (it's fine you can) and level yourself until you can't anymore.

Than they lied because every single live game play and announcement about levels says there are unlimited levels but the soft cap is 50 where you stop gaining skill points. So explain that one?

If there is no hard cap then its not a lie even if you can't get above a certain level due to lack of things to do. I think the info I heard is CDRed did not want to place an arbitrary cap on leveling for the sake of doing so, known as a hard cap.

Why do people online feel the need to call names all the time? Its rude and its sad.

If there is no hard cap then its not a lie even if you can't get above a certain level due to lack of things to do. I think the info I heard is CDRed did not want to place an arbitrary cap on leveling for the sake of doing so, known as a hard cap.

Why do people online feel the need to call names all the time? Its rude and its sad.

I didn't call a name, why is it that people online think questions are demands and demands are demands and requests are demands? Why do people online take offense at everything and deny it to the bitter end? Why do people on the net refuse to acknowledge anything they did wrong? Why do people come to the internet wielding a metaphorical (100% correct sterotype) battle axe ready to kill anyone who isn't in the status quo?.... on and on and on....

Look I don't understand why it is such a hard question to answer with directness. It's just a simple yes or no. Did they lie or not? And then explain. They said and there is video proof on this that there is no hard level cap (say 100 as many are saying with the DLC coming out this October) That there is no level cap that there is a soft level cap (means you can keep leveling but at some point it's useless because you gain no stat advantages or something stops but yet you can keep leveling, that is if you didn't know) of 50. That at 50 you stop gaining skill points. Now I am asking did they lie? They have said it multiple times. I am not going to do you guys the work of proving you right and that CDPR are liars to myself. You made the claim with others that it is 70 and you can go no higher as of this moment. Well CDPR disagrees with you by what they have said live. So I am asking YOU (which I can't answer for myself) are you saying they are lying?

100% accurate = truth
99.99999~% and less = lie no matter what

Last edited:
Holy cow! I've been playing since launch and am only level 8. So let's see by the time I'm level 100 I'll be...100. Perfect!

Holy cow! I've been playing since launch and am only level 8. So let's see by the time I'm level 100 I'll be...100. Perfect!

if you're trying to level based off of only grinding enemies until you hit max level you will have a long wait.

Level 21-70 require 2000 exp every level. Basically from level 21 to level 22 is 2000 exp, from 22 to 23 is 2000 exp and so on and so forth forever. However CDPR has stated that there is no level cap. There is a soft level cap at 50 where you stop gaining skill points as you level.

I don't know if you know this already but there is a xp glitch in the game where you only get 2-3 exp per kill no matter your exp bonus % and the mobs don't level with you.

I thought they took 9 months to fix all these bugs and to "optimize" the game for us? I would have hated to see what it was last October if it came out on time then. A train wreck? I doubt it.

Actually what happened is they lied to us and said they were optimizing, They removed a bunch from the game and re did it so that we would have the shock and awe factor with the story because some idiot SUPPOSEDLY leaked all there story information onto the net that worked for them after hacking there servers and dumping the files onto reddit, which ironically have never existed and or could never be found, yet all the gamer review sites said it was out there but yet like I said it can't and could not be found anywhere (over hype????)

Wasn't dancing around anything really. I saw a video on youtube. The guys Geralt was a level 70...

maybe after everything is said and dune it will be infinite leveling after the dlcs and payed dlc are out? I dont know but CDPR was very adamant that it was unlimited.

maybe after everything is said and dune it will be infinite leveling after the dlcs and payed dlc are out? I dont know but CDPR was very adamant that it was unlimited.

I wouldn't mind that but with the rate I'm doing quest's and noticing how much XP I get compared to how much XP I get when killing bigger monsters like fiends, giants, etc, it would take forever. I'll probably settle for high level 40 until the expansions come out. The next game I'll end up getting is Mad Max in September. That'll hold me over until the Expansions come out. UNLESS of course, CDPR has something up there sleeve, and end's up releasing some really nice side quest's for the free DLC.

Finishing all quests and opening all ? locations (even killing lvl 43 archgryphon) was barely enough to get level 35

Top Bottom