How well is the PS4 version running for you? (Performance - wise)

+

How well is the PS4 version running for you? (Performance - wise)

• It runs like a dream - how is this possible?

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Occasional stutter but doesn't detract from my enjoyment.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Performance noticeably drops fairly often - killing my immersion.

Votes: 57 42.9%
  • Constant performance fluctuations - putting game on hold until it's playable.

Votes: 36 27.1%

• Total voters
Had to stop playing becuase it's so unoptimized. Don't get me wrong the game feels great otherwise, good writing and atmosphere and I liked the music so far, but the bugs and lag are just to distracting. I'm confused as to why we never heard more on this in reviews? Either way I really want CDPR to fix this asap but I don't have high hopes, it's going down as a great game spoilt by poor optimization at the moment. Even xbox one version runs better for some unknown reason ffs!

Had to stop playing becuase it's so unoptimized. Don't get me wrong the game feels great otherwise, good writing and atmosphere and I liked the music so far, but the bugs and lag are just to distracting. I'm confused as to why we never heard more on this in reviews? Either way I really want CDPR to fix this asap but I don't have high hopes, it's going down as a great game spoilt by poor optimization at the moment. Even xbox one version runs better for some unknown reason ffs!

honestly ? I think the hype/atention got the best of them and the funny thing is
they even reviewed the ps4 version first ! and we got scores like 10/10 xD
( with this kind of performance problems you see, it just dosent add up)

many of the reviews even admitted it had performance problems but that it dident ruin your experince ( ​Bullshit !)

Last edited:

Guest 3349340

I honestly think when they said True voodoo shamans it wasent the engine/ game code they talked about,
it was actually something they had inhaled somhow XD

but yeah you are experiencing what everyone of us is so lets hope for a patch that fixes this.

Well a bit of pipe weed, dos`nt hurt I guess :) Just makes the process of making an adventure game that more interesting.

Joking aside - true, that and more people which are experiencing this issue will contact CDProjekt and so on.

---------- Updated at 04:49 PM ----------

Wow, the devs need to look at the swamp video! this is terrible!

Well.. The first two videos, dos`nt even show the whole picure - as I see it at least. There are no NPC`s, no real activity in the background, no rain, etc. :) It gets worse then that.

Last edited by a moderator:
its not cds fault sony loves forcing 1080p on every game even those that can't handle it if you want to blame somebody blame sny

You should buy xbone version, it's near perfect! If you have both of course, if i was ps4 only, i would be disgusted...
xbox version is far more polished (i repeat framerate is near perfect!)

My experience with PS4 version is really awfull. FPS often drops, textures need a lot of time to be load. The patch 1.03 didn's solve these problems it only made them worse, but what is more important that CDproject does'nt say anything bout that, that's really killing me. Hope they will solve these cons, because I love this game very much! The atmosphere is great and it is seen that CDproject made it with great great love, but, guys, every time I run this game it makes me angry because sometimes it's unplayable. Hope guys from CDprojectRed will see our messages and take all our complains into considertation.
P.S.: Thank u, CDprojectRed for such a great game! But try to fix all problems.

Putting the game on hold, THE worst optimized PS4 game I had the displeasure of playing, will pick it up later on PC or again on PS4 but only after I read the framerate has been SIGNIFICANTLY improved in many areas like the bogs, novigrad or during particle effects like smoke/fire near torches/braziers etc.

Otherwise the game would be my goty contender, but that will probably go to MGS.

its not cds fault sony loves forcing 1080p on every game even those that can't handle it if you want to blame somebody blame sny

stop putting this one on sony !

its CDPR fault all of it

they made the games code they created it It's all on them dont go the easy way and push it over to sony just because you dont want
to hear bad stuff about CDPR.

I have no complaints on the performance aspect of the game. I experienced a few pre-rendered scenes stuttering before 1.03 but since, frame rates have been fine for me. My biggest complaint about the game is the set story level difficulty, and from 1.03 some missing sound effects.

Im wondering though, how many are playing the game on non standard PS4s? By that I mean how many have upgraded hard drives and could this be a factor in performance?

Last edited:
I have no complaints on the performance aspect of the game. I experienced a few pre-rendered scenes stuttering before 1.03 but since, frame rates have been fine for me. My biggest complaint about the game is the set story level difficulty, and from 1.03 some missing sound effects.

Im wondering though, how many are playing the game on non standard PS4s? By that I mean how many have upgraded hard drives and could this be a factor in performance?

Having a better hard drive, maybe a ssd one, don't fix frame rate problems... only the landscape streaming can get benefits, maybe.
For god sake stop believing that a ssd can make a game run smoother, it's not possibile.

Runs like shitt! I think its insulting to actually release this crap of a game. I want my money back...

Where in my post did I mention a SSD Strazyer? I simply wanted to know how many of those experiencing choppy frame rates were using 3rd party drives, all HDDs are not made equal, some have slower write/read speeds than others, I'm no expert and its most likely irrelevant but if the majority have 3rd party drives then it could indicate a cause

I and others haven't had noticeable frame rate issues while a lot have, I was simply trying to determine if there was a common denomitor, that's all.

Where in my post did I mention a SSD Strazyer? I simply wanted to know how many of those experiencing choppy frame rates were using 3rd party drives, all HDDs are not made equal, some have slower write/read speeds than others, I'm no expert and its most likely irrelevant but if the majority have 3rd party drives then it could indicate a cause

I and others haven't had noticeable frame rate issues while a lot have, I was simply trying to determine if there was a common denomitor, that's all.

It dosent matter what you use It's still running like crap when there is effects going on fire/fog/rain

I've found that before the 1.03 patch i was getting constant game crashes on my ps4 but everything else seemed to run smooth.. but what ever they did for 1.03 they made a mess of it npc with no bodies slow loading of npcs in towns.. walked in to dandelions place and it was missing walls till it all loaded up.. unable to talk to npcs straight away have to wait about 40seconds before I'm allowed too interact with them.. once i galloped for miles under the terrain.. one stage i was unable to ride roach... i had some purple haze effect from one quest follow me around for a few quests .. had to quit and reload to fix… sadly its worse than the day one patch that it got.. still love the game a lot 3rd play though now and i understand its a massive game and with such expanse theres always going to be problems.. but i thought the goal with patches was to make it better not worse!!

I didn't have as much of an issue with performance until 1.03, on the 1.01 patch frame rates certainly weren't perfect but they were acceptable for the most part. Whatever their last "fix" was pretty much had the opposite effect. But that being the case I'm confident we will see performance at least back where it was before 1.03 after the next patch.

My hdd: HGST Travelstar 1TB 7200RPM. The game runs pretty good. I can't really notice FPS drops, just the stutter when I pan the cam too much. Some minor bugs like dead guys floating off the ground. Had a drowner swimming on the land. Only bugs that scare me are the ones that people say are game breaking, so I look on some forums and stay away from those quests

Top Bottom