• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
The combat in this game is pretty mediocre across the board. Are we going to see some changes, balance, improvements.?

Biggest problems for me are.

6. Make dodge more fluid and bigger movement. Are we not Witchers?

Bigger? They need to be smaller. I think Geralt moves too far away when he dodges. Takes too long to close range after a dodge.

Hello everyone.
i would like to report some trouble after installing the 1.03 patch on ps4 versione.

1-in game loadings are dramatically slowed down, even pressing L1 slots are blank until i pass the cursor on.
2- Novigrad Textures are loaded step by step, i can see the first layer and then it change into the hd detailed texture. even the little map on the top right corner is black and then it change into the map it should be.
3- frame rate is now a stick in "you know where"....
4-every time i approach to an npc for a mission it takes a lot of time to take the X input. Sometime i have to wait the ! to appear to talk to.
5- during dialogs there is this fading effect. I'll try to explain it : the mission starts and gerald i speaking, the camera changes subject and this cut is faded. ( gerald speaking-fading white-fading white-other charachter speaking).
6- i think a sub is bugged, The empty henhouse ( i have the italian version, don't know if it is the correct name ) .anyway it is loacted in Yanina's home and you have to find out who killed chickens.
well, she has the ! mark on her head but there is no way to start the talk and so the mission. I've noticed that all children are out of the house, so maybe i've missed something.

Well, i hope you guys will read this and try to fix the loading rate that is ruining the experience.
i would like to thank you for the impressive work you have done with this game, it is beautiful and every story is amazing.
Keep going

Yup, actually you just need to push the jump button once, the same time you land, and he'll roll and absorb most of the damage.

Actually haven't come across two groups of enemies yet (as far as I can remember anyway) but yea would be cool if they attacked each other and didn't just gang up on Geralt.

Agree on the camera. Strange that it's limited like that. Hopefully a mod will fix it shortly.

Nothing wrong with the combat... I'm actually enjoying it (I only hit 1 key to cast, KB and macro mouse for the win). Controls are very responsive, zero input lag.

Another From fanboy? Really? How many stupid fucking threads do we need comparing this game to a Souls game?
Yeah. I mean, I'm even a *big* fan of the Souls games myself, but holy shit if it doesn't get tiring when you reach the point where with these people "it's not like Dark Souls/Bloodborne" becomes automatically a flaw to address.

For the record I'm incredibly pleased with the combat in TW3. I spent more or less the last two years saying "The combat will probably range from mediocre to terrible but I'm in for all the other good things". Well, it turned out combat is now actually one of my favorite aspects of the game and it can feel incredibly satisfying when you learn to pull off some good moves on Death March.

Hopefully not but i will.

- Rebind the dodge key to something better.. Rolling is a "get out of here and regroup" move.. if you actually want a chance at hitting something you need to dodge. Alt is spastic at least for my hands.
- Rebind the sign keys to something reasonable and learn them somehow. The names are a bit random, i'm more this key does this function. To reasonably use them in combat, you need to be able to quickly hit a key for an effect, that wheel is a console (peasant) thing.
- An mmo or moba mouse is your friend.
- The animations are heaps better in the witcher 2 which is sad.

Should be good.

Things they need to add in the next patch or dlc

Things that i think would be cool to get on the next patch or dlc:

- More horse and fighting tournaments
- Witcher school gear ( normal, enhancement, superior, mastercraft)
- I would love to see Saskia, Sile and Ioverth again

Things that i think would be cool to get on the next patch or dlc:

- More horse and fighting tournaments
- Witcher school gear ( normal, enhancement, superior, mastercraft)
- I would love to see Saskia, Sile and Ioverth again
Sile is in the game iirc

Just finished the game - i'm so sad that my mate asked me if something serious happend - told him i finished this awesome game about someone called Geralt. I don't think he understands :/

Thank you for this awesome game CD Project RED

Request: Please make a separate key for lighting candles and torches in the world. It should not be the E key, that is used for looting. It is so irritating when you are looting, and the candles are in the way. Maby lighting candles can be the same key as casting signs. That would be more correct, since igni realy is on that key. Just a small thing, but it would be real good to see it ingame. And thanks for an AWESOME game. I love it.

- Rebind the dodge key to something better.. Rolling is a "get out of here and regroup" move.. if you actually want a chance at hitting something you need to dodge. Alt is spastic at least for my hands.

You can just double tap the 'WASD' keys to Dodge. It's much better. :)

With Signs, it's just a matter of memorizing their hotkeys, and keep in mind that Geralt has a casting delay, so it's not a twitch mechanic. I don't mind pressing Q, tbh. My strategy is usually Igni or Aard for crowd control until I manage to thin the numbers, when there are only 2-3 enemies left I prefer to counter-attack to finish them off, with Igni/Aard thrown in to open them up.

Last edited:
People need to understand that such a leveling system and such un-scaled world is IMPOSSIBLE to balance.

IMPOSSIBLE. plain and simple.

if the world doesnt scale than what determines if the quests are easy or hard is how many side quests you do. if you love doing many - you will over level. if you do few - you will face a greater challenge in the main quest. if you first tackle main quest than side quests will be easy. if you do a lot of side quests than the main quest will be easy.
it is IMPOSSIBLE to balance because CDPR can never know how many side quests you do and how you combine them between main quests.

if CDPR will make quest give LESS XP than ppl who dont do a lot of side quests wont level up enough to tackle the main quest.

The only thing they could do is make difficulty levels also determine how much XP you get, but then ppl who want tough fights like in DM but do not want to do a lot of side quests before main quest will have impossible missions. if ppl want to do a lot of side quests but want a medium difficulty will find the entire game way too easy.

in order to fight this - two different difficulty settings can be applied -
Combat difficulty - How hard the enemies are.
Experience difficulty - how fast you level up.

but balancing these and doing this seems like a really long shot. no other game ever did this and i doubt CDPR will be the first. only MODs for the PC can do that. some already do. you wanna balance your own play style? play on the PC with mods.

but officially i dont think TW3 will EVER be balanced. as simple as that.

Last edited:
I have already beaten the game but I didn't know how to roll after jump lol. Thanks a bunch !

btw what is REDpoint ? is it something bad like throwing bricks in other forum ?

Seriously, what is this compulsion in modern gamers for a "balanced" game? What the hell does that even mean?

Look, the entire concept of level scaling runs counter to what the devs were trying to create. Personally, I love the way it is. I despise level scaling. There should be areas of the world that are too difficult to take on at first. Some quests should be too difficult, and when one becomes a master some should be trivial. Would you prefer Oblivion style level scaling where none of your achievements matter? Where the challenge is static and you are always playing the same game? Where after braving some of the most deadly challenges the world can throw at you, you then get owned by a highwayman in better gear than what the gods gave you? Perhaps instead of level scaling what we should be asking for is additional high level challenges, ie: more content with deep stories and intense challenges that we might need to fall back and regroup to deal with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom