Count Reuven's Treasure Bug - Cannot Start Quest

+
For anyone who does want to do the quest later, you can tell him you'll look at it. He'll give you a potion for the gas. Then leave back up the sewers and out of the bathhouse. That said, exploring the passage itself only takes a few minutes using your Witcher Senses. Then you report back to Dijkstra. It's not like the 'Wandering in the Dark' quest. <shudders>

I think I ran into a completely different problem where not completing this questline all the way to the finish prevented me from completing a different quest where I meet Cleaver as his headquarters. I think CD Projekt will know why but I don't want to spoil the reason.

Hey,

I can confirm that this is still broken. I am to "Return to Dijkstra" after the cellar discussion and me opting to not continue the quest there and then. I made the choice to do side quests, contracts and exploration which have totaled nearly 15 hours of play since then.. so reloading an old save is not an option I am willing to consider.

The journal entries for this particular quest look like http://i.imgur.com/AiqmLtX.png, even if this is not my screen shot (this was posted on the Steam forums). I tried going back to the cellar via the "back entry", which is located at the southern point of the bridge between the two islands in Novigrad, but this does not work. Once you've navigated through the sewer labyrinth and poison clouds to return to the rock troll and the area you spoke with Dijkstra previously, Dijkstra is nowhere to be found. Dijkstra is in his office in the ground floor level of the bath house. All dialogue options available are not related to continuing the quest. The ladder connecting the bath house and the cellar is not there either. I tried switching between tracked quests to see if this would 'phase' Dijkstra to the cellar, but to no avail.

I hope a CDPR employee sees this and can acknowledge that the devs are at the very least aware of this game breaking bug. Hope to continue this great game soon, but for now unfortunately I cannot.

Last edited:
Hey,

I can confirm that this is still broken. I am to "Return to Dijkstra" after the cellar discussion and me opting to not continue the quest there and then. I made the choice to do side quests, contracts and exploration which have totaled nearly 15 hours of play since then.. so reloading an old save is not an option I am willing to consider.

The journal entries for this particular quest look like http://i.imgur.com/AiqmLtX.png, even if this is not my screen shot (this was posted on the Steam forums). I tried going back to the cellar via the "back entry", which is located at the southern point of the bridge between the two islands in Novigrad, but this does not work. Once you've navigated through the sewer labyrinth and poison clouds to return to the rock troll and the area you spoke with Dijkstra previously, Dijkstra is nowhere to be found. Dijkstra is in his office in the ground floor level of the bath house. All dialogue options available are not related to continuing the quest. The ladder connecting the bath house and the cellar is not there either. I tried switching between tracked quests to see if this would 'phase' Dijkstra to the cellar, but to no avail.

I hope a CDPR employee sees this and can acknowledge that the devs are at the very least aware of this game breaking bug. Hope to continue this great game soon, but for now unfortunately I cannot.

I hope to.

This is exactly what has happened to me. Tried everything to continue this but It seems as Long as you can't talk to dijkstra about it its broken!
Please just a coment from Red that they've seen this would be nice. This is a main quest bug that prevents people of advancing the game!

I got same problem here!! Damn it it gonna take me 3 days from my last save to comeback to where I am right now.... Ps4*... Fix this!!

Top Bottom