Posting instructions to help with reporting problems

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting instructions to help with reporting problems

Hi Everyone

To help The Witcher team help you with technical issues when you post here, please make sure you include the following in your message:
1. A detailed description of what your problem is (what happens, where it occurs in the game, the more details the better) along with screenshots or video of the problem if possible.
2. The platform you game on (PC, Playstation 4 or Xbox One). This is the Xbox One forum. If you have a PC or PS4 issue, please post in the correct sub-forum.
3. How often it occurs. (every time I do X, only once, 3 or 4 times, it blocks my progress, etc).

The more details you can give us, the faster we will be able to investigate the issue and be able to help you.

We appreciate everyone's help. :)

The issue of text size and colour is universal across platforms it seems - are you going to fix it quickly? I don't think you'll need to investigate that, it's right in your face when anyone plays the game - I, for one, would be interested to know if you actually sent the game out for testing with xbox one users who use a television and sit something like 6 feet away from it to play their games, because unless they wear binoculars there is no way they could read the texts. Please tell us you are sorting this out quickly. Thanks.

Why don't you guys just quit your jobs. You've failed. No one likes you, anymore. Except maybe your mothers - and that's only because
they don't try and play this BROKEN GAME.

Well Done Guys !!!!!!!!!

Why don't you guys just quit your jobs. You've failed. No one likes you, anymore. Except maybe your mothers - and that's only because
they don't try and play this BROKEN GAME.

Well Done Guys !!!!!!!!!
Wow, someone has anger issues, and a lack of patience. While game launches like this shouldn't happen (at least for non-MMOs), sometimes things just don't work out as planned. I'm sure the devs are taking the feedback seriously, and will do their best to implement fixes (hopefully the frame rate and camera related stuttering is at the top of the to do list, as well as the saving issue that GroundPounder is suffering from).

Wow, someone has anger issues, and a lack of patience. While game launches like this shouldn't happen (at least for non-MMOs), sometimes things just don't work out as planned. I'm sure the devs are taking the feedback seriously, and will do their best to implement fixes (hopefully the frame rate and camera related stuttering is at the top of the to do list, as well as the saving issue that GroundPounder is suffering from).

yes, take your point - but good customer service for people who have shelled out good money would say they should get some staff on these forums answering questions and giving regular updates with regard the many issues which continue to be posted here - it is not good enough in this day and age for them to leave the forums filling up without responding in some way - and i mean respond on here, the official forum, not on twitter or such like - did the game through enough extensive testing across platforms before release i wonder?

yes, take your point - but good customer service for people who have shelled out good money would say they should get some staff on these forums answering questions and giving regular updates with regard the many issues which continue to be posted here - it is not good enough in this day and age for them to leave the forums filling up without responding in some way - and i mean respond on here, the official forum, not on twitter or such like - did the game through enough extensive testing across platforms before release i wonder?
In answer to 'felismenari" critiquing me having anger issues and lack of patience - I understand games have bugs at launch; But, what am I suppose to do. I can't save the game anymore. When I try, I get a response of "Can't save game right now". Sooo, I just boot the game up every couple of hours and see if they have fixed it? Or, do we get some response from the game developer about how long this might take. By the number of problems this game has, my faith in their work is waining. I spent money on this game and it doesn't work. Do I have anger issues? You bet I do. If you don't, then good for you.

In answer to 'felismenari" critiquing me having anger issues and lack of patience - I understand games have bugs at launch; But, what am I suppose to do. I can't save the game anymore. When I try, I get a response of "Can't save game right now". Sooo, I just boot the game up every couple of hours and see if they have fixed it? Or, do we get some response from the game developer about how long this might take. By the number of problems this game has, my faith in their work is waining. I spent money on this game and it doesn't work. Do I have anger issues? You bet I do. If you don't, then good for you.
I've only recently joined the forums, so I cannot speak for how well the devs communicate with the Witcher player base. Ideally, there will be patch notes posted whenever a patch is pushed out to players to download. Of course it would be nice to get confirmation on what is being addressed in the upcoming patch, but we likely won't know until it's already out. The best thing you could do (in my opinion) is to put TW3 out of our mind and move onto something else until the major issues plaguing TW3 are fixed.

Broken Secondary Quest: - Fake Papers (I think i broke it)

Started by talking to the shady merchant on the road between Border Post and Hanged man's tree (Has a yellow ! for him on the map).

He tells you he can give you a fake pass to cross the border (One of the ways to complete Thou Shalt Not Pass Quest) and tells you he'll give you a discount if you help protect his brother in law while they scavenge the battlefield (Bitter Harvest Quest). the other option is to use Axii on him if you have a high enough ability points.
I use Axii and got the pass for 50 crowns (this did not finish the quest).

While off to do the contract Woodland Beast (the quest starts at around the same location and is received from the guard captain) i ran into the merchants brother in law and received the quest Bitter harvest (the battlefield is opposite where the shady merchant is standing) i quickly finished this which updated the Fake papers quest. so went ahead and finished the woodland beast contract then returned to the captain for the reward. I then talked to the gate guard to finish the Thou Shalt Not Pass Quest which opens the sign post Border Post. I opened the quest menu to look for the next quest i should do and Fake Papers was still in my secondary quests so a ran back across the bridge to talk to the shady merchant to finish the quest i now can't interact with him to finish the quest as i already have the fake papers from him from using Axii. Tried fast traveling back and forth and meditating to change the days but still can't interact with him to finish the quest.

Quick Brake down.

1 - Talked to shady merchant
2 - Used Axii to get cheap pass
3 - Took Woodland beast contract
4 - Took and finished Bitter harvest quest
5 - Finished Woodland beast contract
6 - Finished Thou Shalt Not Pass Quest
7 - No longer able to finish Fake papers quest

I think using Axii to get the papers is what actually broke the quest.

Problem with Empty Coop

When playing the empty coop quest I found the Children but when I return to Talk to the Old lady she just says the same 3 sentences so I cannot continue. I Am playing on the xbox one.

A lot of players have met the bug for the quest " An eye for an eye" after finishing higher level quest, especially the "deadly plot".

When I was about 14, I accepted the quest "An eye for an eye" but I did not follow Roche as he said. Now I am level 22 and have completed "deadly plot" without finishing the quest "An eye for an eye". Currently, I am supposed to ask Roche to join our team to fight. But he said he need something to be done first while I can never find him near the hanged man tree due to the "An eye for an eye". I have tried to re-install my game, mediate to wait him for hours, and did some lower level quest but none of them work. This bug is so annoying because we cannot continue our main quest!!

My platform is Xbox one and it only occurs once. But once is enough. And I see many players of other platforms have the same issue. I love the game and please fix it! _:)з」∠)_

Last edited:
Broken Secondary Quest: - Fake Papers (I think i broke it)

Started by talking to the shady merchant on the road between Border Post and Hanged man's tree (Has a yellow ! for him on the map).

He tells you he can give you a fake pass to cross the border (One of the ways to complete Thou Shalt Not Pass Quest) and tells you he'll give you a discount if you help protect his brother in law while they scavenge the battlefield (Bitter Harvest Quest). the other option is to use Axii on him if you have a high enough ability points.
I use Axii and got the pass for 50 crowns (this did not finish the quest).

While off to do the contract Woodland Beast (the quest starts at around the same location and is received from the guard captain) i ran into the merchants brother in law and received the quest Bitter harvest (the battlefield is opposite where the shady merchant is standing) i quickly finished this which updated the Fake papers quest. so went ahead and finished the woodland beast contract then returned to the captain for the reward. I then talked to the gate guard to finish the Thou Shalt Not Pass Quest which opens the sign post Border Post. I opened the quest menu to look for the next quest i should do and Fake Papers was still in my secondary quests so a ran back across the bridge to talk to the shady merchant to finish the quest i now can't interact with him to finish the quest as i already have the fake papers from him from using Axii. Tried fast traveling back and forth and meditating to change the days but still can't interact with him to finish the quest.

Quick Brake down.

1 - Talked to shady merchant
2 - Used Axii to get cheap pass
3 - Took Woodland beast contract
4 - Took and finished Bitter harvest quest
5 - Finished Woodland beast contract
6 - Finished Thou Shalt Not Pass Quest
7 - No longer able to finish Fake papers quest

I think using Axii to get the papers is what actually broke the quest.

I'm having a similar problem after I complete the Bitter Harvest quest the game tells me to go and collect the transit pass from the merchant. The pass I already have and when I go speak to him I just get generic talk and the quest won't update.

Game crashes everytime i try to load any of my saves!

So i have progressed quite a bit in the game and put many hours into it. I really enjoy the game and i can definitely say its one of my favorites. That being said, i am at a halt right now for the reason that none of my games saves will load. Every time i start the game up and pick a save to load, it crashes out during the loading process. I have the xbox one marketplace full download version of the game. I've done a good deal of quests and have explored alot of velen and novingrad. My character is level 16 and i have 3 Main quests active: destination skellige, Get Junior and Count rueven's treasure. I feel im at the near end of all of them except i haven't started destination skellige. The last save i had was a checkpoint for the quest - "an eye for an eye" at during which i died while trying to save Ves and when i loaded the the latest save it crashed. I the learned that none of my saves would load except one that was much further behind in the story. I'm really anxious to get back to playing, so i really hope you guys can help me fix this problem. I will try and post a video of it soon to better display my problem. Also i still have this problem post-patch 1.03

---------- Updated at 10:03 PM ----------

Also i went back to a save that loads and the game keeps crashing after i talk to wolverstone to sail to skellige. As soon as it shows geralt put his swords down(on the ship) the game crashes.

Last edited:
So i have progressed quite a bit in the game and put many hours into it. I really enjoy the game and i can definitely say its one of my favorites. That being said, i am at a halt right now for the reason that none of my games saves will load. Every time i start the game up and pick a save to load, it crashes out during the loading process. I have the xbox one marketplace full download version of the game. I've done a good deal of quests and have explored alot of velen and novingrad. My character is level 16 and i have 3 Main quests active: destination skellige, Get Junior and Count rueven's treasure. I feel im at the near end of all of them except i haven't started destination skellige. The last save i had was a checkpoint for the quest - "an eye for an eye" at during which i died while trying to save Ves and when i loaded the the latest save it crashed. I the learned that none of my saves would load except one that was much further behind in the story. I'm really anxious to get back to playing, so i really hope you guys can help me fix this problem. I will try and post a video of it soon to better display my problem. Also i still have this problem post-patch 1.03

---------- Updated at 10:03 PM ----------

Also i went back to a save that loads and the game keeps crashing after i talk to wolverstone to sail to skellige. As soon as it shows geralt put his swords down(on the ship) the game crashes.

You need to complete the quest Contract: Murder at the Byways. For some reason finishing that fixes this issue, but it requires a loadable save. I used to have your issue until Smidge2k7 told me about that little fix... now I've been able to save, load, and play to my heart's content.

EDIT:

Just wanted to add that while, Yes, killing the Vampire is a pain in the ass and you are probably half it's level... it is do-able. Swallow Potions + the Quen Sign are your best friends. Make sure you get Quen's first upgrade fully upgraded (you can get potions from vendors if you need to re-allocate your points... just look at all the General Store Vendor's in Novigrad and one of them will have the potion... can't remember its name, but I think it was orange). Anyway... just make sure you always have Quen up when you attack (dodge and wait til you can use it again if the Vampire blows it), and use Swallow when you need. Try to get used to its attack patterns and use that to find moments you can get in a couple shots.

Last edited:
Xbox One. I really enjoy the Witcher series. Graphically the Witcher 3 is amazing. Love the story. I just downloaded the xbox one update today and I am back to the please wait screen cycle of death. Before the update I did the recommended repair of deleting the local save data. Everything ran fine until the new update. Soooo Im guessing I need to delete the local save data again? This game can be great. We just have to be patient and give it time.

Last edited:
ive got witcher 3 on xbox one digital download and i cant play it anymore as im stuck on skellige because every time i try to fast travel to either velen or novigrad the whole game crashes and takes me back to the xbox dashboard, its really annoying as i thought it would of been fixed in the 1.03 patch. i hope the next patch fixes this problem so i can continue playing.

i would appreciate any help i can

Hello,
Thx for great game, but for now I stopped until patch with fix for NO XP arrive.

I played already few days and few times i think why i dont received xp when finish completely quests? No i know its officialy bug/issue.

Anyway I find now and remember last my quest what I finished and dont get any xp. Quest name on english: The Towerful Mice. In the process to finish the quest do some requests I get points, like 25, 50 etc., but when I finish completely quest I dont get any xp, my progress points the same, nothing change.
Please fix this bug.

Thank you

---------- Updated at 04:35 PM ----------

Also i find out wrong time in save/load games. Like example im living in +8 hours zone, so if i save game in real time 20:00, in save/load options show 12:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom