Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Subscribed without a heartbeat.

Dunno about you guys, but Yennefer is up there in my favorite fictional characters list. Seriously, as someone who started with The Witcher 2, and just now got into the books, I wasn't expecting this, but after playing the third installment of the franchise, I'm in love with his character, every moment with her is absolutely spectacular.

Weird pattern, she shares some traits with Morrigan and Miranda Lawson from other franchises, and they're my character's LI as well @_@

Hyped for a future DLC, can't get enough of Yen!

@jockmick
thank you :)

Oh i'm sorry i didn't make it clearer, when i read the books first, what i mentioned above was my initial reaction (due to ignorance and lack of knowledge) but it became quite apparent that the reason you provided and the fact that both geralt and yen are pigheaded is the source of their 'turbulent' relationship.

The only conclusion i can come up with for the yen hate/dislike is the same initial ignorance/lack of knowledge i had, seems people are quite keen on ignoring the fact that there are books with rich lore and information preceding the games, which is a pity, i have recently was able to acquire some of the books and some of the set pieces finally fell into their appropriate places having read them.

I'm currently reading baptism of fire, and the book and the preceding books are a godamn treasure!
the only thing i'm sorry about is that i'm blazing through the books and baptism of fire is the last book i currently have. *sadface*

Last edited:
I'm currently reading baptism of fire, and the book and the preceding books are a godamn treasure!
the only thing i'm sorry about is that i'm blazing through the books and baptism of fire is the last book i currently have. *sadface*

Our Community Fan Translations

I don't know if this was mentioned, but I'm kind of disappointed that we had to wait so long to have any proper interaction with her. She was easily my favourite character in terms of personality and character interaction that it was a shame that I had to do all the Velen and Novigrad stuff first.

Yeah, that wasn't really smart by CDPR. They should have shown Yennefer before or at the same time as Triss and not after finishing all quests with Triss.

I have seen a lot of posts of people changing their mind about Yennefer later, but they couldn't change it ingame anymore as the game already locked them on Triss.

As for now, give me Yennefer and cozy house in the countryside.

*cough* http://imgur.com/a/k2y58#0

So in my quest to try and understand the Yen characters (and her fans): in what way is her behavior acceptable - how do you justify the way she acts? Or is it that you simply don't care how she treats other people and/or want to fix her? I find it very hard to truly like.

You only see what you want to see or what the game couldn't show you sadly. It's easy to write her off like every other sorceress, but she isn't despite her past or reputation. Too bad this transformation is almost exclusively seen in the books, as the games took their sweet time with Triss.

The handling with Emhyr is a good example of reasonable behaviour, as Yennefer is always politely around Emhyr and why shouldn't she? She knows what Emhyr is capable of.

While on the other hand i was rather rude with him, even though it isn't really smart to piss off the emperor of a huge imperium with an army behind his back and the reputation of killing people, sorcerers and witchers for no particular reason. Nilfgaard is known to be witcher-free, because they have been hunted by the local population. Furthermore sorcerers in Nilfgaard are kept on short leash and if they aren't useful anymore, they get executed. But there was still a moment when i thought, "oh oh, now you are done" similiar to the beginning of TW2 with Roche, when Emhyr told me that i might be indispensable right now, but that won't last forever, while giving me his stare death. So, it isn't really the dumbest idea to talk politely with Emhyr, if you ask me.

Or this dialogue, she wishes to be with him and put everything behind them, would a narcissistic and reckless person do that? I don't think so.

She even can't looking at his face at the final question, turning her back to him as she still fears the worst, that the games could have changed him nonetheless.

Yennefer only appears to be cold to outsiders, because she never learned it any different. Yennefer never had a real familiy, not before or after becoming a sorceress, not until she met Geralt and Ciri. The society of sorcerers even told her that the only family she has now is the Brotherhood. She will never be loved by anyone, never have children, never have friends and so on. Feelings are for the weak, showing feelings is a weakness.
Her direct mentor was known for that. Her mentor had the idea to expel any kind of (motherly) feelings for every sorceress and i think Yennefer was her master copy.

She was made to be like this and yet she changes for the better. I am glad Yennefer didn't do the same with Ciri, showing that she still had a kind soul in her despite that "education program" and as we have read/seen later, she would do anything for those she holds dear, despite how her life was before. All other sorceresses could never understand what Yennefer sees in Geralt and why she clings on him so much, but that's the big difference between her and the rest, since she learned that having/showing feelings is not a flaw.

You could argue that Triss passed the same transformation, but i am not so sure about that, since Sapkowski never went into details about her past. On the contrary, if i recall correctly it was even stated that Triss was even without magical cosmethic already good looking, which is unusually for new adepts.
I also think CDPR made her too good, almost flawless. As i once said about the romance in TW2, "why would you not want a relationship with Triss? You have to hate her straightaway to reject her."

So, "What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"

Yennefer gets hate despite her try to change, Triss gets praise for something, she never had to overcome.

When a woman with a strong self confidence shows insecurity, it shouldn't be considered a weakness, but human and that's probably the biggest compliment you can give a sorcerer.

@Kallelinski

thank you for the link.

Imo its not the fact that one moment they are omnipotent and a second later they are weaklings, i'm more inclined to the explanation that masoj hun'ett gives drizz't do'urden in the book homeland (if you are familiar with R.A. Salvatore's work, if your not familiar you can give it a try you might like it) wizards(or sorcerers or how ever you wish to call them) have to spell cast, usually that involves a verbal incantation, or verbal incantation with gestures ,etc (in the witcher books it is said they need to gesture and gather up the magical energies) so it takes time to cast the spell and also takes time to gather up the magical energies before being able to cast a spell, in this period of time they are vulnerable and exposed to being struck down or shot at or interrupted and an over zealous spell caster can be taken unawares which will put said spell caster in a sore position, so im inclined towards this explanation of how the sorcerers/sorceresses were hunt down.

also it is mentioned in the book time of contempt that some sorceresses (sorcerers too?) were able to give birth, but tissaia de vries (yen's mentor) as headmistress(or what ever her position is) demanded that all adepts in the school become sterile citing the reason that they cant be both sorceresses and mothers they have to choose one or the other, could it be that yen was able to give birth but became sterile because of her mentor?

Last edited:
I also think CDPR made her too good, almost flawless. As i once said about the romance in TW2, "why would you not want a relationship with Triss? You have to hate her straightaway to reject her."

I hate how the fact,that she took advantage of Geralt's amnesia was barely brought up,even though it was a pretty messed up thing to do.Triss even jokes about it in TW3.

I hate how the fact,that she took advantage of Geralt's amnesia was barely brought up,even though it was a pretty messed up thing to do.Triss even jokes about it in TW3.
I think it would've made for a more interesting character had they explicitly placed more focus on Triss' flaws. Instead her flaws are kind of hidden in the background and you'd have to pay close attention to notice them in the games. But that in itself can make for an intriguing character, provided one notices the flaws.

on a different note, what do you guys think is the cause for the love story between yen and geralt (in the book and not for anything mentioned in the game)?

was it because he saw something of himself in her?
did s/he want to explore this new thing s/he found after they "defeated" the djinn, since it was with someone unique(meaning yen being a sorceress and geralt a witcher)?
could it be because they thought that it wouldn't last and just wanted to have the "wild ride" for as long as it lasted?
listening to priscilla's song its obvious that the reason wasn't because of the wish he made, but it got me wondering of the reason for the source...

Last edited:
@Folkrom

I think it is much simpler than that.

Sure Geralt saw himself in her when they first met.

Defeating the djinn basically lets the player decide whether the love was the result of the djinn's curse, or something beyond that. It has more to do with making the game an RPG, with players making choices and all, than revealing a plot/story detail.

Oh, and Priscilla? The information she has on you is rubbish, since it all comes from Dandelion's mouth!

Last edited:
@Eruvadhor

actually i was referring to the book and not to the game, sorry for being unclear, ill edit.

besides its not all rubbish, dandelion just embellished the story for artistic reasons *wink wink*

on a different note, what do you guys think is the cause for the love story between yen and geralt (in the book and not for anything mentioned in the game)?

Besides attraction, I think they really complement each other. Yen found in Geralt a person who loved her for who she really was. He saw through her facade and loved the real person behind it. And for Yennefer, a person who never thought anyone could love her, that meant the world, and she grew to love him. Whereas Geralt immediately fell in love with Yen, I think Yen fell in love with him because he showed her love.

Regarding the last wish Geralt made, in the book, I'll refer to @Kallelinski 's post on a previous page, which has a spot on analysis on the wish:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...ll-spoilers)?p=1725257&viewfull=1#post1725257

What do you think guys about the change of the Yen's ingame model since the first trailer with brown hair:

and cosplay PDF

I have to say they really improve her looks in the game :) She looks definitely better than on the previous pictures.

I love Yen's final look.It's not exactly how i imagined her to look like,but it's still great.

@Gilthoniel

yen looks really good, but i had hoped that the minute imperfections that geralt was able to notice in the books would be visible in the game, the model is extremely well made, however it is too well made... too cutesy like triss or any hot chick in the game

A couple of notes:

1. The Witch Hunt is entirely restricted to Novigrad and its surrounding territory, at least in a Triss rescue run. Sigi points out that there were 200 magic-users in Novigrad and about 170 of them were killed. He then goes on to say there's about 2000 or so in the North, total, and they're going to be targeted by King Radovid after he wins the war against Nilfgaard. These numbers seem to be quite reasonable to me given Novigrad is a theocracy with vast support from the local populace. The majority of victims by the Witch Hunters (who are, after all, trained professionals with ways of suppressing magic) are lower-level wizards and witches too. Less than 10% of the mages in the North are killed.

2. I'm a Triss/Geralt man because I am a fan of both the books and the video games and think they both have their merits over one another but I don't have anything against the Yennefer/Geralt romance. Geralt is a figure who has undergone death and resurrection, struggling with a lot of experiences as well as trying to figure out where he is in the world. A major theme of the Witcher is what to do in a world where your roles are changing and "The Edge of the World" has a very simple theme of -- Change or Die. In Geralt's case, his relationship with Yennefer was something which changed because they'd drifted apart.

That's ONLY IN MY GAME, though, and I resented the fact Geralt had to claim that it was because of the Djinn's magic that he was in love with her because that's just...silly...and not true.

3. I liked their depiction of Yennefer in the games but I think she's kind of off, personally. There's a bit too much Morrigan and Miranda Lawson there when Yennefer is NOT an antiheroine. She's saucy and playful but one of the most moral people in the setting. Yennefer is, in fact, much-much nicer than Triss in many respects and far-far less manipulative. I also found Yennefer's sudden bout of atheism and disbelief in the spirit world bizarre given Yennefer has met a goddess before while Geralt is the one who was confirmed as an atheist (albeit one with a deep respect for religion). The spirit business is also ridiculous since Geralt has spoken to spirits who feel, forgive, love, and hate on a regular basis.

I can easily believe Yennefer would do anything for Ciri but they forgot, at the end of the day, Yennefer is probably the NICEST of the Lodge.

Now this might just be me, but I think they should make a Yennefer spin-off game (or series) as I think it would be amazing.

Her model is pretty much how I imagined her in the books, though do I see blue tones in her outfit? Blasphemy! She only wears white and black clothes! No GOTY!

also it is mentioned in the book time of contempt that some sorceresses (sorcerers too?) were able to give birth, but tissaia de vries (yen's mentor) as headmistress(or what ever her position is) demanded that all adepts in the school become sterile citing the reason that they cant be both sorceresses and mothers they have to choose one or the other, could it be that yen was able to give birth but became sterile because of her mentor?

I don't think so, the physical transformation they are passing in their training is either damaging their reproductive organ or they are unable to have children because of their magical gift anyway. You can't learn using magic, you have to have a natural gift for magic. But there are indeed some sorceresses, who can have children, but their number is almost non-existant.

Tissia de Vries just wanted to make sure that really none of them can have children. So maybe Yennefer was able to have children, but maybe Tissia forced her agenda on Yennefer first, we don't know.

Book spoiler about the origin of an important main character in the books:
Unless i am mixing something up, Geralt's biological mother is a sorcerer or at least gifted with magic.

was it because he saw something of himself in her?
did s/he want to explore this new thing s/he found after they "defeated" the djinn, since it was with someone unique(meaning yen being a sorceress and geralt a witcher)?
could it be because they thought that it wouldn't last and just wanted to have the "wild ride" for as long as it lasted?
listening to priscilla's song its obvious that the reason wasn't because of the wish he made, but it got me wondering of the reason for the source...

First of all, witchers weren't supposed to have feelings, they should be monster killers with no feelings and a neutral attitude. They should take contracts, kill monsters and take the reward, then riding to the next village. That was and is their job, nothing else.

Pretty similiar to the sorcerers, aren't? No feelings are allowed and only living for the job :)

Anyway, as far as i remember Geralt was rather unique, as he is constantly not neutral and always doing foolish human things, which he isn't supposed to do, e.g. when he fought the Striga, he was careless and didn't want to kill it, but save the girl. By doing that he was almost killed by her.

But meeting Yennefer just topped everything. Geralt had always an eye for little things, but after meeting Yennefer for the first time, he constantly saw things on her, which weren't important, at least he thought so:
The witcher approached, watchful and silent. He saw her left shoulder, slightly higher than her right. Her nose, slightly too long. Her lips, a touch too narrow. Her chin, receding a little too much. Her brows a little too irregular. Her eyes . . .
He saw too many details. Quite unnecessarily.
He continued watching. She had the figure of a twenty-year-old, although he preferred not to guess at her real age. She moved with natural, unaffected grace. No, there was no way of guessing what she had been like before, what had been improved. He stopped thinking about it; there wasn't any sense.

A little bit later in the chapter, he has a chat with an elf, who is in love with Yennefer:
'I forgive you, because you've no idea how strong that spell was. My dear elf, I can break an ordinary spell within a few minutes and I don't faint while doing it. You wouldn't have managed to break Yennefer's spell and you would have had difficulty overpowering me.
Remember the guards.'
'I wasn't thinking about you. I repeat: I was thinking about her.'
'Chireadan?'
'Yes?'
'Do you . . . Do you—'
'I don't like grand words,' interrupted the elf, smiling sadly. 'I'm greatly, shall we say, fascinated by her. No doubt you're surprised that anyone could be fascinated by her?'
Geralt closed his eyes to recall an image which, without using grand words, fascinated him inexplicably.
'No, Ghireadan,' he said. 'I'm not surprised.'

Yennefer casted a spell on Geralt to settle down old scores in town, nothing serious, she just needed the manpower from him and he owed her something anyway, because she healed Dandelion. That was the only reason Geralt approached her anyway.

Later on Yennefer tries to inprison the famous djinn, but she can't do it and she will die, when nobody helps her. Geralt could just do nothing and let her die, especially after she has used him, but he just couldn't. He had to do something, even if it meant to risk his own life for a woman he barely knew:
The witcher felt Chireadan touch his shoulder. He turned. The elf looked him in the eyes, then lowered his own.
'You're going there because you have to, aren't you?'
Geralt hesitated. He thought he smelled the scent of lilac and gooseberries.
'I think so,' he said reluctantly. 'I do have to. I'm sorry, Chireadan—'
'Don't apologise. I know what you feel.'
'I doubt it. Because I don't know myself.'
The elf smiled. The smile had little to do with joy. 'That's just it, Geralt. Precisely it.'

and THAT's the damn reason why he goes off to her and try to save her.

The priest smiled. 'You're a brave man,' he said. 'You want to save her, don't you? But bravery isn't going to be of much use to you. Djinns are vengeful beings. The sorceress is lost. And if you go there, you'll be lost, too. Examine your conscience.'

Yennefer saw him, jumped up and raised her hand.
'No!' he shouted, 'don't do this! I want to help you!'
'Help?' She snorted. You?'
'Me.'
'In spite of what I did to you?'
'In spite of it.'
'Interesting. But not important. I don't need your help. Get out of here.'
'No.'
'Get out of here!' she yelled, grimacing ominously. 'It's getting dangerous! The whole thing's getting out of control, do you understand? I can't master him. I don't get it, but the scoundrel isn't weakening at all! I caught him once he'd fulfilled the troubadour's third wish and I should have him in the sphere by now. But he's not getting any weaker! Dammit, it looks as if he's getting stronger! But I'm still going to get the better of him, I'll break—'
'You won't break him, Yennefer. He'll kill you.'
'It's not so easy to kill me—'

'This way, Geralt! Run for it!'
'Only with you!'

'Why did Geralt go there?' groaned Dandilion. 'What the hell for? Why did he insist on saving that witch? Why, dammit? Chireadan, do you understand?'
The elf smiled sadly. 'Yes, I do, Dandilion,' he said. 'I do.'

'You haven't got enough strength left, Yennefer.'
'You underestimate my strength.
The wish, Geralt!'
'No, Yennefer. I can't . . . The djinn might fulfil it, but it won't spare you. It'll kill you when it's free. It'll take its revenge on you . . .
You won't manage to catch it and you won't manage to defend yourself against it. You're weakened, you can barely stand. You'll die, Yennefer.'
'That's my risk!' she shouted, enraged. 'What's it to you what happens to me? Think rather what the djinn can give you! You've still got one wish! You can ask what you like! Make use of it! Use it, witcher! You can have anything! Anything!'

'Are they both going to die?' wailed Dandilion. 'How come? Krepp, why? After all, the witcher— Why, by all perfidious and unexpected plagues, isn't he escaping? Why? What's keeping him? Why doesn't he leave that bloody witch to her fate and run away? It's senseless!'
'Absolutely senseless,' repeated Chireadan bitterly. 'Absolutely.'
'It's suicide. And plain idiocy!'
'It's his job, after all,' interrupted Neville. 'The witcher's saving my town. May the gods be my witness - if he defeats the witch and chases the demon away,
I'll reward him handsomely . . .'
Dandilion snatched the hat decorated with a heron's feather from his head, spat into it, threw it in the mud and trampled on it, spitting out words in various languages as he did.
'But he's . . . 'he groaned suddenly, 'still got one wish in reserve! He could save both her and himself! Mr Krepp!'
'It's not that simple,' the priest pondered. 'But if . . . If he expressed the right wish ... If he somehow tied his fate to the fate . . . No, I don't think it would occur to him. And it's probably better that it doesn't.'

FATE, not love!

'The wish, Geralt! Hurry up! What do you desire? Immortality? Riches? Fame? Power? Might? Privileges?
Hurry, we haven't any time!'
He was silent.
'Humanity,' she said suddenly, smiling nastily.
'I've guessed, haven't I? That's what you want, that's what you dream of! Of release, of the freedom to be who you want, not who you have to be. The djinn will fulfil that wish, Geralt. Just say it.'
He stayed silent.
She stood over him in the nickering radiance of the wizard's sphere, in the glow of magic, amidst the flashes of rays restraining the djinn, streaming hair and eyes blazing violet, erect, slender, dark, terrible . . .
And beautiful.
All of a sudden she leant over and looked him in the eyes. He caught the scent of lilac and gooseberries.

'You're not saying anything,' she hissed. 'So what is it you desire, witcher? What is your most hidden dream? Is it that you don't know or you can't decide? Look for it within yourself, look deeply and carefully because, I swear by the Force, you won't get another chance like this!'
But he suddenly knew the truth. He knew it. He knew what she used to be. What she remembered, what she couldn't forget, what she lived with. Who she really was before she had become a sorceress.
Her cold, penetrating, angry and wise eyes were those of a hunchback.
He was horrified. No, not of the truth. He was horrified that she would read his thoughts, find out what he had guessed. That she would never forgive him for it. He deadened that thought within himself, killed it, threw it from his memory forever, without trace, feeling, as he did so,
enormous relief. Feeling that—
The ceiling cracked open. The djinn, entangled in the net of the now fading rays, tumbled right on top of them, roaring, and in that roar were triumph and murder lust. Yennefer leapt to meet him. Light beamed from her hands. Very feeble light.
The djinn opened his mouth and stretched his paws towards her.
The witcher suddenly understood what it was he wanted.
And he made his wish.

'Wait,' she whispered. 'That wish of yours ... I heard what you wished for. I was astounded, simply astounded. I'd have expected anything but to . . . What made you do it, Geralt? Why . . . Why me?'
'Don't you know?'
She leant over him, touched him. He felt her hair, smelling of lilac and gooseberries, brush his face and he suddenly knew that he'd never forget that scent, that soft touch, knew that he'd never be able to compare it to any other scent or touch. Yennefer kissed him and he understood that he'd never desire any lips other than hers, so soft and moist, sweet with lipstick. He knew that, from that moment, only she would exist, her neck, shoulders and breasts freed from her black dress, her delicate, cool skin, which couldn't be compared to any other he had ever touched. He gazed into her violet eyes, the most beautiful eyes in the world, eyes which he feared would become . . .
Everything. He knew.
'Your wish,' she whispered, her lips very near his ear. 'I don't know whether such a wish can ever be fulfilled. I don't know whether there's such a Force in Nature that could fulfil such a wish. But if there is, then you've condemned yourself. Condemned yourself to me.'
He interrupted her with a kiss, an embrace, a touch, caresses and then with everything, his whole being, his every thought, his only thought, everything, everything, everything. They broke the silence with sighs and the rustle of clothing strewn on the floor. They broke the silence very gently, lazily, and they were considerate and very thorough. They were caring and tender and, although neither quite knew what caring and tenderness were, they succeeded
because they very much wanted to. And they were in no hurry whatsoever. The whole world had ceased to exist for a brief moment, but to them, it seemed like a whole eternity.
And then the world started to exist again; but it existed very differently.

'Geralt?'
'Mmm?'
'What now?'
'I don't know.'
'Nor do I. Because, you see, I ... I don't know whether it was worth condemning yourself to me. I don't know how— Wait, what are you doing . . .? I wanted to tell you—'
'Yennefer . . . Yen.'
'Yen,' she repeated, giving in to him completely. 'Nobody's ever called me that. Say it again.'
'Yen.' 'Geralt.'

He is feeling something he can't understand.
He is doing something, what is irrational.
He is saving a woman, which never asked to be saved.
He is condemning himself, his own life, to her, a sorceress, a beautiful woman from the outside, with an ugly character on the inside.
He is seeing her true character and still want to save her, be with her.
He, a mutant, a nonhuman, a killer without feelings, ruthless, neutral, merciless, a Witcher does one of the most iconic feature of a human being, having empathy with another person despite whoever that person is.

If he didn't do it out of love, i will be damned,

But that's only one side of the relationship, the other side, Yennefer's, is harder to explain as we have only Geralt and Ciri as POV characters in the books.

I would say that she didn't already loved him at this point, that's for sure, yet she was really moved by his dedication and unselfish final wish. That someone who saw her real character still did something so unselfish for her, that was just unexplainable for her. In all her life nobody ever did this to her, she only knew people, who tried to exploit, use and prey her.
In a later chapter, Ice Shard, her side of the relationship will be better explained. That chapter is about how she finally accepts her feelings for him or at least admit to herself that she is capable of love and that Geralt is the only one she will ever love. It still take time before both of them actually confess it to each other, but both already knew it, yet both were too scared to say it.

I think it is much simpler than that.

Sure Geralt saw himself in her when they first met.

Defeating the djinn basically lets the player decide whether the love was the result of the djinn's curse, or something beyond that. It has more to do with making the game an RPG, with players making choices and all, than revealing a plot/story detail.

Sorry, if i appear harsh now, but it's not that simple and bluntly wrong. That's one of the reason i made this thread, to clear this misunderstanding up, as the interpretation of CDPR is just an interpretation of it, but not the whole truth.

I can understand why CDPR did it this way, to give the player a choice, but it is just wrong that the wish was about love or the love is a result of the wish, it is just false. CDPR is interpretating it this way to give the player the option to choose between Yennefer, Triss or none.
People are always so persisting on this wish..., but the wish is almost irrelevant in the later books. The wish was only the start of their relationship and not the foundation.

The sheer fact that Yennefer says nonetheless what you say that nothing has changed for her shows that the wish was never for the love between them. If you agree to her or not, well, that's the option CDPR is giving you, but to her nothing has changed.

In the books it took at least 10-15 years before both of them actually confess their love to each other, ten - fifteen years after the wish!

As i said on a previous page the wish was never ever meant to be loved by her, Geralt said the only wish he could say to save her life.

Sorry, if i was a little rough or rude, but it is making me furious that people think Geralt wished to be loved by Yennefer, that would mean he forced Yennefer to love him against her will, that is usually considered sexual assault.

What do you think guys about the change of the Yen's ingame model since the first trailer with brown hair:

I think it was good that they showed us her in an early phase, so we could give a feedback here. Of course i don't know, whether this feedback actually had influence on the final touch of her appearance, but i like to think this way.

I still think that the artwork by @justanor is still the perfect portrayal, but comparing 2D to 3D is kinda unfair.

Her final face might be not perfect, but perfectness is boring anyway and i wouldn't be here, expressing vigorously my opinion, if i didn't like her, her character from the books and games, as well as her outerior appearance :)

Last edited:
But yeah, you can like Yennefer AND be a Triss/Geralt fan.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

I love the Yennefer character even if I'm not heavily invested in their love of the Ages.

I'm also a book reader.

In a later chapter, Ice Shard, her side of the relationship will be better explained. That chapter is about how she finally accepts her feelings for him or at least admit to herself that she is capable of love and that Geralt is the only one she will ever love. It still take take before both of them actually confess it to each other, but both already knew it, yet both are scared to say it.

I seem to remember Ice Shard in the 'Sword of Destiny' differently. Yen couldn't decide between Geralt and Istredd, and left town with Geralt and Istredd fighting over her. Geralt himself could have been killed in the duel that Istredd insisted on having over her. If she had accepted that Geralt was the only one she'll ever love in that story, she would have turned down Istredd and walked out hand in hand with Geralt.

It is interesting that Geralt made the wish before asking Yen's take on things. Admittedly there wasn't exactly a lot of time to ask. Lucky for them she had some feelings for him too, otherwise she would have been bound by the djinn's power to always have a permanent guy around she didn't want.

Yes, things between Yen and Geralt got better when Ciri came into their lives. But beforehand, things were extremely rough as seen in 'The Last Wish' and 'Sword of Destiny' collections (culimnating in the low point with that business with Istredd). One thing I like to think my Geralt took into consideration during The Witcher 3 is that, yes, Ciri helped bring Geralt and Yen together. But Ciri's fate is far from certain with the Wild Hunt after her. If this adventure ends with Ciri no longer a part of their lives, would Geralt and Yen be able to have a stable relationship? Maybe, but past history didn't indicate so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom