Something something thread moved. Also ponies.

+
Something something thread moved. Also ponies.

It is I, Sard, your beloved Moderator. Ahh, I love that title, because actually, I feel quite extreme! As no doubt many of you would agree. The ones that can still talk, of course...anyway.

YOU MAY HAVE NOTICED some clean up. That is because people do so love to fill the main forum with threads and topics that belong in OTHER forums!

Also because some people love to post stupid crap. That stuff we just...fix.

They (you?!) may -also- decide their (your?) thread is SO MUCH MORE BETTERS that it needs to be in the Main Forum. That is nice. It may even be right. We will move or merge it anyway, because we are FLOGGED if we do NOT.

ADDING a POLL does not increase your chances of THREAD SURVIVAL. It's probably not even funny and it is unlikely it will convince us not to murder or amoeba your thread.

So here be some guidelines if you don't want us to move, merge, edit for hilarity or just delete your thread for offending our (laser) eyes.:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF you post something SPOILERIFFIC, put tags on it. IF IT IS STORY, ITEM OR PLOT related, put it in that forum. If it's a simple question about, I dunno, how OP a certain decoction is, here is fine.

IF you have a PROBLEM....put it in the Tech Support section. CDPR ACTUALLY reads those, believe it or not. Please use the appropriate sub forum. Or the link in my sig to send directly to CDPR.

-------UPDATE: User @redglyph has relayed a message from CDPR support asking people to send your Bug Reports to them in bulk, rather than separate messages each time. So if you could save up a day or two's worth and then submit a Group of Bugs to squash, that would be great.

IF you have a SUGGESTION or a MOD REQUEST - we have a SUBFORUM for that - with many delicious Categories for would-be Modders andd/or CDPR to glance at. Again, one place means others can find it...scattered across twenty threads, no.

----Note: Don't put twenty suggestions in your post. Even if we haven't seen 90% of them already, (we have!) no one is going to read your WALL OF TEXT of ideas. Good or not. Pick the best Two or Three.

IF you are here JUST TO COMPLAIN or YELL, you will eventually annoy me. Followed by PONIES. And then worse.

Now, we have been moving and merging threads, because we feel only love for you. Only love. Except for @blank_redge. Screw that guy. I suspect him of evil. EVERYONE ELSE, love.

BUT. We will tire of cleaning up your messes and just start deleting. Then, you will be upset and you will rage. Then I will giggle, edit your rage into something about polymorphic nuns on jet powered wheelchairs, add a PONY and depart you.

So. Topics. Subforums. Decorum-ish. FRIENDLINESS. THIS HAS BEEN A MESsAGE.

Last edited:
But but but... that would make everthing organised and easy to read... How dare you do such a thing .. Evil mods everywhere QQ

shouldnt you make this thread locked and visible to everyone even if no one replies on it?

BUT. We will tire of cleaning up your messes and just start deleting. Then, you will be upset and you will rage. Then I will giggle, edit your rage into something about polymorphic nuns on jet powered wheelchairs, add a PONY and depart you.

Should be stickied only to ensure everyone reads this line.

I rarely lock threads - I like discussion. Gives me more amm...er, chance to make friends!

Not going to sticky because we have too many stickies. Also works well with leaving open.

And this way, anyone cna suggest a better methodology if they'd like. That I will TOTALLY listen to! Actually, I might.

What if we want to discuss a certain suggestion in depth without ruining other conversations and without our conversation getting diluted?

Tough one. Hm. HMMM. Well, if it's Tech or Story related in any way,put it there and see how it goes. We merge less in those sections and they do get lots of traffic. Most suggestions are Tech, Story, or Item related.

If you really want it on the main page, ask to have it left there for a day or so. As long as the Mods think it is WORTHY, I can't see a problem with that. We've left up the Quest Circles of No Thought Required thread, for example.

It's mostly the repeat suggestions we see. "Please give me an option to draw/sheathe my own swords and not do it for me" "Please allow us to use all our potion ingredients" etc. As much as I sympathise - and I do! Especially the damn swords one - they are alredy covered.

So if you check the suggestion thread, don't see your topic and really think it should be on the front page, make a post, ask for a delay until merge. You can also PM a mod, or most of us. We're listed at the bottom of the forums.

We respond well to consideration. And candy. ANd goats named Princess.

Tough one. Hm. HMMM. Well, if it's Tech or Story related in any way,put it there and see how it goes. We merge less in those sections and they do get lots of traffic. Most suggestions are Tech, Story, or Item related.

If you really want it on the main page, ask to have it left there for a day or so. As long as the Mods think it is WORTHY, I can't see a problem with that. We've left up the Quest Circles of No Thought Required thread, for example.

It's mostly the repeat suggestions we see. "Please give me an option to draw/sheathe my own swords and not do it for me" "Please allow us to use all our potion ingredients" etc. As much as I sympathise - and I do! Especially the damn swords one - they are alredy covered.

So if you check the suggestion thread, don't see your topic and really think it should be on the front page, make a post, ask for a delay until merge. You can also PM a mod, or most of us. We're listed at the bottom of the forums.

We respond well to consideration. And candy. ANd goats named Princess.

Fair enough. I was just asking because important topics like encounter design and enemy level selection barely get touched on, they get buried in all the "let me draw my own sword" threads and no one reads TL; DR posts in the suggestion thread anyway, so the issue, and it is a big issue, gets ignored in favor of easy and short nitpicks.

I want my very own thread deletion too, please! ~laughs~

no one reads TL; DR posts in the suggestion thread anyway, so the issue, and it is a big issue, gets ignored in favor of easy and short nitpicks.

Well, not ignored. CDPR is paying attention. They learned from W2 and they are learning from W3.

There's an arguemtn to be made in favour of a Suggestions sub forum. We could run threads devoted to the big issues in W3 gameplay, but that would be quite a few threads:

AI

Quest Simplicity

Alchemy/Signs/Swords

Levelling

UI/Controls/Repsonsiveness.

Might be smarter to have a subforum for these and then a Thread for each one.

Hmm. Might be worth talking to an admin and setting this up. I'll put it on my list.

The right place being, of course, the appropriate Sub-Forum.

Use the Sub Forums, people! Sooner or later we will tire of moving them for you and just start wiping them. If you're going to be lazy, well, your thread gets a lazy...death? Sure.

Top Bottom