Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I mean I didnt want to say sorry because.. I dont know I broke up with Yen for Triss and I just could make excuses instead of explaining myself.

And then ending up in a cold lake and had to run to Yen again :D
I didn't want to say Sorry too, because I don't feel sorry at all, only happiness for Geralt and Triss. :)

I didn't want to say Sorry too, because I don't feel sorry at all, only happiness for Geralt and Triss. :)

Well I mean.. at those parts you really can see that Yen loves Geralt. And even when u broke up she really cares about that and is upset.
In some way I feel sorry for her. Especially when Lambert asks for my "fuckfriend Triss" in Novigrad when we were drinking in Kaer Morhen

Because said best friend was taking advantage of his amnesia and "forgot" to remind him about his true love.And she never apologised for that.

She did not, or at least not "really". But maybe Geralt doesn't want her to ... at least my Geralt wants Triss, not her apology.
That's just this inconsistent state of the game. Triss is there, she can be the choice, but this choice has to have some impacts on the world (not, the main story, that's not really needed)

There would have been space for Triss in some quests, where you could have done this quests with Triss not Yennefer if you choose her.

So I just played some story now and some people said that Yen actually doesnt care about Geralt choosing Triss.

Well I can say that is NOT true ! Because Yen almost hates me from now on. I arrived at Kaer Morhen and she crushed the bed where Triss and Geralt had some fun before.

Also when I talked to her Yen was really pissed when I tried to help her. I wanted to know whats the matter and she said something like
"You fucked my friend for over 1 year, I know you have something like a Hexercodex so dont u find it disgraceful or shameless?!"

I wanted to answer that I love Triss but there was no option for that. Was sad about it so the only acceptable option then was "I had amnesia Yen"

After that Yen opened a portal and kicked me into it. I end up spawning 100-200 metres over the lake in Kaer Morhen and fell into it.

So until now she is really fucked up :x But I really miss some dialouges where I can try to explain myself and not just a "I had amnesia" or "It happened"

I really dsilike whole Kaer Morhen segment, which is a shame as i was really looking forward to it beforehand. That dialogue segment and the drinking one both have multiple options offered to the player in terms of response and yet not one of them is to acknowledge Geralt's feelings for Triss. Don't think any of the dialogue options are good there and then third time's for charm having Yen passionately snog Geralt in front of Triss despite Yen being dumped and Geralt with Triss. Just thinking about it has got me annoyed.

Last edited:
Because said best friend was taking advantage of his amnesia and "forgot" to remind him about his true love.And she never apologised for that.

Which I concede to, though I don't fault her for it. Her confession in TW3 wasn't an apology -- and I don't want her to change that one bit.

I really dsilike whole Kaer Morhen segment, which is a shame as i was really looking forward to it beforehand. That dialogue segment and the drinking one both have multiple options offered to the player in terms of response and yet not one of them is to acknowledge Geralt's feelings for Triss. Don't think any of the dialogue options are good there and then third time's for charm having Yen passionately snog Geralt in front of Triss despite Yen being dumped and Geralt with Triss. Just thinking about it has got me annoyed.

True that. On the one hand I like the way Yen reacts to my "mistakes" with Triss but on the other hand I dislike the situation because I cant tell Yen that its not only a "fuckfriend" but true feelings for Triss.

Additionally its not fair to blame Geralt for the whole situation. Triss decided to sleep with Geralt too and build up feelings for him so "Yens friend Triss" wanted the relationship too.

I really wanted some more dialouge here and explain Yen the whole situation without her throwing me trough a portal 100 metres over the lake at Kaer Morhen lol.

So I just arrived at Kaer Morhen with UMA.

Can someone tell me if Letho, Keira Metz and Triss are somewhere in the castle? Because I told all of them to go there

Nope, not until after you arrive there with Ciri in tow.

If someone DID actually meet her, the conclusion would be we just missed some scenes with Triss ... ahhh lovely thought here <3

Omg, I would just about die. <3

have, like many others here, what feels like a huge empty hope that CDprojekt Red are planning to fix Triss with an update (an update I'd gladly pay for). What I hoped, expected, was a fifty fifty split between Triss and Yen, spread out, throughout the whole game. Depending on who you favoured, would be placed in a specific role of the sorceress helping Geralt further along certain quests. For instance, in the prologue with Vesemir. Geralt specifically states that his dream was very ironic since Yen never stayed at Kaer Morhen in the past, then shortly after Geralt comments on that he'll likely bring a guest next time he goes there... Was I stupid to expect some unique content with Triss in Kaer Morhen prior to finding the little Uma? I mean she literally said she'd go there (same with Keira), but that only happens when Yen invites them over?! Why would you NOT think people would become confused by this? It might not even be intentional from the devs but it felt alot like they cut corners and ultimately decided to solely focus everything on one female heroine the whole way through W3. This has left me feeling somewhat distraught. I know it's stupid. It's a game. But Triss is one of my few absolute favorite characters in any medium.

A lot of us share your pain. Specifically the feeling that they made a conscious decision to only focus on Yennefer while benching Triss for the final game. I never expected them to give Triss exactly as many minutes of screen time as they did to Yen. But I would have expected them to put the same level of effort into it. Make the writing just as thoughtful, make the choices just as meaningful, make it just as rewarding/fulfilling. It just kills me - this feeling that they half-assed it.

I agree with your other point too - it kills my enjoyment on a very fundamental level. Check what I said earlier on the subject - I think it sums up my thoughts quite nicely:

And seriously, I think this game is damn near perfect - sure there are small problems but they don't detract from the game much at all. This is one problem that is slowly ruining the game for me though. Just gives me less motivation to go back to it now that it's all said and done. I don't want to go through the heartbreak of having the Triss relationship, which had the possibility of being one of the best fictional romances I've ever seen, let me down. Every day since the credits rolled, I believe a little less and a little less and a little less that this is the game I was hoping it to be. Kind of sounds stupid, I know, but I had such high hopes for the Triss romance that the fall killed me and to some extent my enjoyment of the game. I still really like the game (I wouldn't spend so much time voicing my displeasure if this wasn't the case) but my fondness is fading rather quickly over time. Sorry if that doesn't make a ton sense - seemed more logical in my head.

When in Velen, I liked the atmosphere and the Crones and the Baron. My first time through I was blissfully naive that they would be taking my Triss away from me. Next time I won't enjoy it as much because I will know what is waiting down the line for me. Dijkstra was my favorite character in Novigrad, besides Triss.

"Pardon my beauclairoise, have you found who fucking nicked my gold?" One of my favorite lines.

The Novigrad parts were great and my emotions were jumping up and down from the stress during the torture scene to the utter bliss of the Vegelbud's party. I owe it mostly to Triss with a small nod to Zoltan and Dijkstra.

Once I hit Skellige, I enjoyed because of the exploration, the viking-like warrior people, the Witcher contracts, the Kingmaker sidequest, the environment. The fact that Geralt turns into a spineless urchin around Yen really bugged me. Some of the other characters acting like they are still together even though I have made no indications as such. And after the Isle of Mists, even though Triss is a real part of the world and we can walk up to her there is no interaction and even worse yet, there is no romantic interaction.

I think you're forggeting,that CDPR are huge fans of the books themselves,which means they're also huge Yennefer fans,it makes perfect sense,that they wanted to give her more screentime.

This is no excuse for half-assing her story though. With so much thought and deliberation put into every small detail, I would have expected the same to one of our two major love interests (the superior one imho :p )

But why force the Yen romance on us and pretend like the Triss romance doesn't exist?

Geralt continues to flirt with Yen and behaves like an idiot, almost every side character assumes you are still with Yen and comments on it etc.

None of that for Triss though..., and how would it damage Ciri's story if Triss got a few more scenes in Kaer Morhen (before or after the battle)?

This doesn't even have to do with the story its just silly favouritism

Nicely put. I think the fact that they forced Yennefer on us had nothing to do with the story. The story could have stayed the same and dropped some of the auto-Yen stuff and just had the world react to your choice to pick Triss.

So I will take a look for Triss at Kaer Morhen. Will tell you guys if I can find her.

Good luck - maybe she's set up in a secret room somewhere. Wouldn't count on it thought. :X

Anyone else here liked TW2 Triss more in some aspects?
I think she looked a lot better and she wasn't as highschool girl innocent like in TW3

In the second game it felt like you had to save her the whole time. In this game you could help her because you actually cared about her or her plight, or both. It felt more natural and the dialogue was pretty good. Also she was pretty badass in most of those scenes.

Well said Akrabra - I prefer the way Triss ended up in this game. Her personality, her situation, her look. I like that she had made a plan to do something to remedy her situation (get her and the mages out of Novigrad to safety) and she wasn't just waiting around for Geralt to come and fix it. She changed those plans and included Geralt only after he showed up but up until that point she was doing her own thing. She wasn't even planning on staying - look how it played out. She changed her mind at the last possible second. She's just perfect in this game - so much so that we wish there was more of her. :wub:

Are you sure? I thought you can do the Now or Never-quest after you get back from Skellige - that's what I had in mind for my next playthrough anyway.

You technically can. You are given the quest in Novigrad though - a lot of people, like myself, tried to finish everything before going to Skellige. When I play through again I will save the Now or Never quest for after the Last Wish though as it will make a little more chronological/romantic sense.

As for all of the posts about forced-Yennefer in W3 and forced Triss in W1 & W2 (page 77 mostly), I don't think it is fair to compare these. Geralt had no memories and Triss was there to help him. Also, this is the last game of the series - it's not fair to send her off in this half-assed way. I think that's one of the reasons this thread exists. Nobody wants less Yennefer - they just want more Triss should you choose her. As it stands, if you choose her, you get the same amount of Triss as someone who didn't choose her. Just unfair to the people that prefer her.

Also the fact that one romance is "right" and the other is "wrong" is another fundamental flaw. This game focuses heavily on player choice. I am glad that for the players that pick Yen her romance is fleshed out and fulfilling - that is a choice that you can be happy about. It just isn't fair to the Triss-fans that we don't get the same treatment. Our choice isn't impactful or meaningful.

Remember, let's try to keep this civil and on topic. This isn't a "Yen vs Triss" thread. I think there's already one of those. Watch the Triss-bashing and the Yen-bashing please.

Last edited:

Honestly, Triss only needs to apologize to Yen - which could've been a great scene and could've fleshed out the Yen-Triss relationship and added to the tension in the love-triangle.

Don't really see why Triss would need to apologize to Geralt(Thought Yen was dead, besides, does she really regret it?), nor why Geralt(memory loss) should apologize to Yen.

Last edited:
True that. On the one hand I like the way Yen reacts to my "mistakes" with Triss but on the other hand I dislike the situation because I cant tell Yen that its not only a "fuckfriend" but true feelings for Triss.

Additionally its not fair to blame Geralt for the whole situation. Triss decided to sleep with Geralt too and build up feelings for him so "Yens friend Triss" wanted the relationship too.

I really wanted some more dialouge here and explain Yen the whole situation without her throwing me trough a portal 100 metres over the lake at Kaer Morhen lol.

Thought Yen throwing Geralt in a lake was quite in character. I just want one option to be thrown in the lake for acknowledging Geralt's real feelings for Triss.

Honestly, Triss only needs to apologize to Yen - which could've been a great scene and could've fleshed out the Yen-Triss relationship and added to the tension in the love-triangle.

Don't really see why Triss would need to apologize to Geralt(Thought Yen was dead, besides, does she really regret it?), nor why Geralt(memory loss) should apologize to Yen.

I'm not sure anyone to needs to apologize to anyone here. All's fair in love and war. If Yen wanted Geralt she could have gone and find him. I don't find her reasoning for not searching for him to be all that compelling. The way I see it is Triss saw an opportunity to be happy and she took it. Shows initiative - there's nothing wrong with that. Also, keep in mind that when Geralt got his memory back she willingly stepped aside to see if he could work it out with Yennefer. This is evidenced by the fact that she had made her own plans (to go to Kovir) and fully intended on following through with them. Shows real maturity and selflessness.

Last edited:
@xE1NSTE1Nx2049 While I agree, I still think she doesn't want to hurt her friend and would feel bad about it. A "sorry, but I took my chance...." conversation would've been cool.

Also the fact that one romance is "right" and the other is "wrong" is another fundamental flaw. This game focuses heavily on player choice. I am glad that for the players that pick Yen her romance is fleshed out and fulfilling - that is a choice that you can be happy about. It just isn't fair to the Triss-fans that we don't get the same treatment. Our choice isn't impactful or meaningful.

This might be a little nit-picky, but I think it's more about how the romance was never intended to be an integral part of the main story or overly important in regards to Geralt's ending. Yen was given the spotlight because she's an important carrier of the Ciri storyline and that she never showed up in previous games so she had to get more screentime when there was another option in order to convey how important she is to Ciri and Geralt due to their long history.

If romance had been an integral part, it would've been addressed in a big way post Last Wish, because that's a huge event. Yen is an integral part of Geralt's romance story, no matter what he chooses and that should've been used as a narrative tool to give a stronger conclusion to his mixed feelings when he does finally decide on one of the two women. Right now it feels very much "A or B" like in Mass Effect.

Not saying it's fine as it is, I'm just trying to point out what I feel is the root cause and not just another symptom.

I'm not sure anyone to needs to apologize to anyone here. All's fair in love and war. If Yen wanted Geralt she could have gone and find him. I don't find her reasoning for not searching for him to be all that compelling. The way I see it is Triss saw an opportunity to be happy and she took it. Shows initiative - there's nothing wrong with that. Also, keep in mind that when Geralt got his memory back she willingly stepped aside to see if he could work it out with Yennefer.

Yeah i don't see need for apologising by her either. A mature conversation between the three of them as alternative to the Triss/Yen revenge on Geralt if his has his cake and eats it would have been nice.

Last edited:
A lot of us share your pain. Specifically the feeling that they made a conscious decision to only focus on Yennefer while benching Triss for the final game. I never expected them to give Triss exactly as many minutes of screen time as they did to Yen. But I would have expected them to put the same level of effort into it. Make the writing just as thoughtful, make the choices just as meaningful, make it just as rewarding/fulfilling. It just kills me - this feeling that they half-assed it.

I agree with your other point too - it kills my enjoyment on a very fundamental level. Check what I said earlier on the subject - I think it sums up my thoughts quite nicely:

Practically mirroring my thoughts exactly. I feel awful. I loath this feeling of being torn inside out. Which is kind of ridiculous since it's a fictional character but really, this just proves how strongly I feel for these characters I adore, being a significant reason I enjoy the Witcher game world. I just can't believe CDprojekt Red thought this was OK. This aspect of the games where a critical part, I felt, to actively choose how Geralt's personal life progresses and it's just done so poorly if you don't decide to go with Yennefer which the whole game clearly wants you to. Making you feel ridiculed. Not just in the romance but Triss feels like a secondary character in W3's main plot and game world apart from Novigrad, even insignificant. Just killing me. Please fix this CDprojekt Red. At this point I can't even think of wanting to replay this game without effectively forcing myself through it and I fear how I would look upon the game then... This was supposed to be THE game for me (and I don't say that lightly if not at all). It practically had everything going for it. This glaring issue I'm having is just smothering me.

@xE1NSTE1Nx2049 While I agree, I still think she doesn't want to hurt her friend and would feel bad about it. A "sorry, but I took my chance...." conversation would've been cool.

While she is a nice person, and would likely feel bad about ending up with Geralt, I am glad she didn't crumble in front of Yen though. She made a choice and I am glad she stuck with it.

---------- Updated at 08:05 PM ----------

the romance was never intended to be an integral part of the main story or overly important in regards to Geralt's ending.

If this is the reason then I can just say that they dropped the ball. I view this as, as much a story about the Hunt and Ciri as it is about Geralt's life. Isn't somebody's choice of romantic partner a pretty big decision in shaping how the rest of one's life plays out? If this wasn't the last one we might be willing to let it slide because we would have more input down the line to shape Geralt's life. As it stands though, his life is pretty much set in stone and we get next to nothing. A few lines of dialogue and a single epilogue slide does not do it justice in my opinion. I think the romance should have been, not just as integral, but second only to the main plot.

Practically mirroring my thoughts exactly. I feel awful. I loath this feeling of being torn inside out. Which is kind of ridiculous since it's a fictional character but really, this just proves how strongly I feel for these characters I adore, being a significant reason I enjoy the Witcher game world. I just can't believe CDprojekt Red thought this was OK. This aspect of the games where a critical part, I felt, to actively choose how Geralt's personal life progresses and it's just done so poorly if you don't decide to go with Yennefer which the whole game clearly wants you to. Making you feel ridiculed. Not just in the romance but Triss feels like a secondary character in W3's main plot and game world apart from Novigrad, even insignificant. Just killing me. Please fix this CDprojekt Red. At this point I can't even think of wanting to replay this game without effectively forcing myself through it and I fear how I would look upon the game then... This was supposed to be THE game for me (and I don't say that lightly if not at all). It practically had everything going for it. This glaring issue I'm having is just smothering me.

This gives me a little bit of hope though - they aren't just artists, but businessmen too. If they are satisfied with the Triss stuff and don't want to change it because they think it accomplishes what they wanted, that is one thing (heartbreaking to be honest but still valid). If they see that we the fans are unhappy, hesitating coming back to the game or buy the expansions (as I am), they may implement some of these changes.

---------- Updated at 08:07 PM ----------

Also we up to 30k views, 800 posts, and almost 300 votes (with 86% in favor of more Triss). I think this thread stands a real chance of accomplishing something. Keep it up people. Add your two cents, even if it's been said before. :p

This gives me a little bit of hope though - they aren't just artists, but businessmen too. If they are satisfied with the Triss stuff and don't want to change it because they think it accomplishes what they wanted, that is one thing (heartbreaking to be honest but still valid). If they see that we the fans are unhappy, hesitating coming back to the game or buy the expansions (as I am), they may implement some of these changes.
Personally the only thing I want from the expansions is more Triss. Won't be replaying the game unless it'll offer some more closure because I certainly don't feel satisfied with one slide saying they lived happily ever after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom